CradleandShoot - 1 Minute (2 Day) Penalty

The forum rules are little different than lacrosse rules. You can read more within this forum. If you are assessed a penalty, this is the only forum you can post within.
admin
Site Admin

CradleandShoot - 1 Minute (2 Day) Penalty

Post by admin »

***cradleandshoot - The personal attacks are Unsportsmanlike Behavior. No need for the attacks. Just play the game. Just a warning.***
admin
Site Admin

Re: Incident #9

Post by admin »

Tweet, Number Cradle, 1 Minute Penalty for Unsportsmanlike Conduct. 1 Minute (2 Days) in the Penalty Box. Your penalty will be released on Thursday at 5:40 PM EST.
admin
Site Admin

Re: CradleandShoot - 1 Minute (2 Day) Penalty

Post by admin »

Last penalty was 1 minute (2 days). This one is 2 minutes (4 days). Unsportsmanlike Conduct.
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:26 am 21 murders in Rochester NY so far this year. 18 of them young black kids. So why don't you STFU People like you, candy ass FLP liberal white folks are the worst enemy black America will ever have. You are part of the problem MD. Why don't you go tick your pants one last time over the knee on the neck thing. Chauvin will spend the rest of his life in jail. Your more likely to spend the rest of your life whining about what he did. Why don't you grow some effing balls and give suggestions how to deal with the holocaust of black on black murder being perpetuated every day on the streets all over America. What is the problem you sniveling little effing coward? You afraid to call out the problem that is dangling right in front of your own effing face. You find an answer for the " no snitch" mentality then the black on black epidemic of murder will come to an end. So carry on MD with piddling in your pants about Chauvin and the knee on the neck. When you run out of piddle I will be more than happy to welcome you back to the real world.
Penalty releases on Tuesday at 4 PM EST.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Nobody knows the trouble I've seen... nobody knows my sorrow. Tough times in fanlax solitary confinement. 1 meal a day, moldy bread, stagnant water and a toothpick. I won't even get into where you have to pee. I have to sleep on a cold concrete floor. No light in my cell, going stir crazy. Rumor is we can't vote anymore once I get out of the slammer. Biden may grant me a full pardon, I do have some hope.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Ask for a conjugal visit.
njbill

Post by njbill »

With his dog or wife?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:02 am Ask for a conjugal visit.
Already been taken care of. :)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I could use a cake with a file in it
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Props to the Penfield boys lax team for coming back from 5 goals down and sticking it to those West Genny Wildcats. Great win for the Patriots
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:43 pm I could use a cake with a file in it
Too bad they didn't put you in Dannemora.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Nigel wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:00 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:43 pm I could use a cake with a file in it
As long as my wife is the warden I'm cool. Those conjugal visits take the edge off
As Tony Baretta would say.. don't do the crime if you can't do the time
;)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:35 am Glad i am not a jew depending on some of you dumbass mother effing liberals to defend my nation. This cradle and shoot signing off, the brain damaged stupid left has taken over this forum. Have a wonderful time. I'm sticking to the HS lax forum from now on. This forum use to be fun and educational. Like so much else in America you dumb ass liberals have destroyed it.
Cradle, I edited your post as you walked out the door. No penalty... as you're walking out the door. But your profanity was unnecessary and noticed. This website, including the politics forum, are frequented by a spectrum of people including children. Let's keep the language and tone in accord with this spectrum of audiences.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Nigel wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:00 pm
What if he isn’t into the Arquette women?
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:29 pmUnless you can point out a personal attack from me on anyone here just put me in the sin bin and get it over with. I have made no "attacks" on anybody where i have mentioned anybody by name. How do you attack someone and never mention their name? That is quite the feat and involves mind reading abilities none of us have. Just treat me like Steve McQueen in the great escape... give me my ball and glove and throw my ass in the cooler. I'm 63 years old and i am not ready or willing to kiss anyones ass at this time in my life. If I'm banned for life, let me say goodbye to the people here for the wisdom they have given me. Thank you all. I'm just to old to change who i am today. I mean you no disrespect Mr Administrator, I'm like popeye... i am who i am and that is all that I am.
https://fanlax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=265014#p265014
https://fanlax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=265195#p265195
https://fanlax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=265220#p265220

8 Minute (16 Day Penalty). The penalty will release on June 11 at 5:33 EST.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Cradle, don't ask about meal time.

If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

[First - for the record: I like both posters involved here - both give good posts on lacrosse threads. I pay zero attention to non-lacrosse threads at Fanlax. That’s not why I visit this site. I’ve always felt nothing good comes from discussing stuff like that here, except for having an outlet to keep such discussions from bleeding over into the lacrosse discussions. - Wombat]

Admin - I have a question here.

Why are discussions from the Politics forum causing people to wind up in the Penalty Box?

I reviewed all three links you cited, and while it’s apparent that there’s been some fighting, I thought this was expected in the no holds barred world of those forums. To me, the “personal attacks” didn’t seem that bad. And there was a bit of sparring coming from the other direction too. “Penalty Box Denizen” is taunting and baiting.

In hockey, you fight, both of you go into the box.

I’m concerned that finger pointing can be one-sided if the finger pointer knows there are no repercussions for flagging posts and trying to get someone put in the box.

I’m sure there is a lot more history here behind this and that affects the sin bin decision making process.

But at some point, I’d say the fingerer has to go to the box too.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:43 amI reviewed all three links you cited, and while it’s apparent that there’s been some fighting, I thought this was expected in the no holds barred world of those forums. To me, the “personal attacks” didn’t seem that bad. And there was a bit of sparring coming from the other direction too. “Penalty Box Denizen” is taunting and baiting.
Hamsterdam is no holds barred. This is not the case for the Politics Forum. And you are correct that it usually takes two to tango. But, usually, one is tangoing substantially more than the other. Especially when looking at a thread and threads.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Nigel wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:19 pm Cradle, don't ask about meal time.

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news ... /141561500
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:43 am [First - for the record: I like both posters involved here - both give good posts on lacrosse threads. I pay zero attention to non-lacrosse threads at Fanlax. That’s not why I visit this site. I’ve always felt nothing good comes from discussing stuff like that here, except for having an outlet to keep such discussions from bleeding over into the lacrosse discussions. - Wombat]

Why are discussions from the Politics forum causing people to wind up in the Penalty Box?

I reviewed all three links you cited, and while it’s apparent that there’s been some fighting, I thought this was expected in the no holds barred world of those forums. To me, the “personal attacks” didn’t seem that bad. And there was a bit of sparring coming from the other direction too. “Penalty Box Denizen” is taunting and baiting.

I’m concerned that finger pointing can be one-sided if the finger pointer knows there are no repercussions for flagging posts and trying to get someone put in the box.

I’m sure there is a lot more history here behind this and that affects the sin bin decision making process.

+1

Cradles posts are done with obvious levity and humor, plus he avoids direct personal insults (most of the resident liberals constantly insult but never get sent to the penalty box 🤷‍♂️); ironically very few others here possess the same qualities. Until he’s released, I’m boycotting this site in solidarity with Cradle and the American way of life. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:43 am [First - for the record: I like both posters involved here - both give good posts on lacrosse threads. I pay zero attention to non-lacrosse threads at Fanlax. That’s not why I visit this site. I’ve always felt nothing good comes from discussing stuff like that here, except for having an outlet to keep such discussions from bleeding over into the lacrosse discussions. - Wombat]

Wombat,
I agree with you that if I was instigating the fights or even throwing some big punches in response, I'd deserve a timeout in the doghouse. I've probably come close. But I generally don't instigate and I generally try to give an attacker a chance to chill and realize they've crossed the line, back off. Some don't, they keep at it. Example above, I suggested to Kram he back off when he popped off during a discussion...IMO, he was just exasperated and took a swing out of frustration. No big deal, no sweat, and he didn't take a second swing. But then three others, each of whom have recently made it to the penalty box, piled in though they hadn't been involved in the underlying discussion...no comment on the actual topic, just swipes at me.

Cradle made the mistake of "arguing with the ref" when he got a mild warning. Thus, back in the penalty box.

More broadly, we've been having a discussion about how to reduce the temperature on the Politics thread, just as there was a discussion at the beginning construction of FanLax on what the rules should be, including the option of Hamsterdam which is virtually no holds barred 'discussion'...should someone want to have such. Not surprisingly, Hamsterdam attracts few posts.

The attempt is to have a place where topics of interest can be discussed, including Politics, where the discussions are at least semi-respectful, informative. Fine to be passionate and to disagree strongly, but civil. We asked for a light hand on moderation, but not no moderation. We didn't want no holds barred.

However, a few posters seem to think that this is 'warfare' and they're keyboard warriors for their cause. That's not limited to those who skew hard right, but most of it comes that direction. And so, the pattern is to come into an otherwise fine conversation and, rather than to add some set of information or logic or perspective to that discussion, to instead make ad hominem attacks of fellow posters. And to constantly 'troll' the threads with outrageous statements generally about fellow posters in an aggregate way.

So, we've been discussing whether additional 'rules' are necessary to reduce the stuff that makes the threads so toxic that they aren't attractive to actual discussion.

Meanwhile, one pretty simple rule in all sports is to not argue with the ref.

Return to “FANLAX RULES AND PENALTY BOX”