Reply about the Old Forum

The forum rules are little different than lacrosse rules. You can read more within this forum. If you are assessed a penalty, this is the only forum you can post within.
admin
Site Admin

Reply about the Old Forum

Post by admin »

Any news of whether laf can at least bring the 20 year archive back online?... Pretty sure Dan backed everything up in its entirety. But will it ever see the light of day?... Guess that depends on laf’s negotiations with Active.
We've created a bunch of the historical lacrosse stuff (AAs, National Champions, etc.) and we're about 50% done with posting the College and HS Lacrosse Schedules from 2005 until today. (As you can imagine, D3 teams are tough and HS teams are a beast. But we're making progress.) It's not perfect, for most of the teams, we have the game schedules and a W or L as opposed to the game score but... It's a start.) And... I assume when you say the 20 year archive, you mean the Forum, yes? We have a solution for that, too, but this is obviously not simple.

I wouldn't hold my breath about laf bringing anything back online. And Dan did back stuff up but... When LaxPower was created it was using head-scratching-ly old technology. 20 years later, it was, to be kind... Old. Like, "we have Lotus 1-2-3 on a floppy disk and we want to look at" old. If Dan walked to GoDaddy's front door and said, i want to post this online, it would not be a simple task. With this said, this is just my understanding. I've never actually seen the back-up. But, as spoken to above, we may have a duct tape-solution.
Anyway, Matt, I hope you can keep this site running with a very low level of effort, and don’t let it eat 20 years of your life away and make you bitter. I think you should stiffarm most editing requests. Give an inch, they’ll take a mile.
Matnum is a slacker. i do the heavy lifting. and, no bitterness yet. a labor of love.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Reply about the Old Forum

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

admin wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:52 am
Any news of whether laf can at least bring the 20 year archive back online?... Pretty sure Dan backed everything up in its entirety. But will it ever see the light of day?... Guess that depends on laf’s negotiations with Active.
We've created a bunch of the historical lacrosse stuff (AAs, National Champions, etc.) and we're about 50% done with posting the College and HS Lacrosse Schedules from 2005 until today. (As you can imagine, D3 teams are tough and HS teams are a beast. But we're making progress.) It's not perfect, for most of the teams, we have the game schedules and a W or L as opposed to the game score but... It's a start.) And... I assume when you say the 20 year archive, you mean the Forum, yes? We have a solution for that, too, but this is obviously not simple.

I wouldn't hold my breath about laf bringing anything back online. And Dan did back stuff up but... When LaxPower was created it was using head-scratching-ly old technology. 20 years later, it was, to be kind... Old. Like, "we have Lotus 1-2-3 on a floppy disk and we want to look at" old. If Dan walked to GoDaddy's front door and said, i want to post this online, it would not be a simple task. With this said, this is just my understanding. I've never actually seen the back-up. But, as spoken to above, we may have a duct tape-solution.
Anyway, Matt, I hope you can keep this site running with a very low level of effort, and don’t let it eat 20 years of your life away and make you bitter. I think you should stiffarm most editing requests. Give an inch, they’ll take a mile.
Matnum is a slacker. i do the heavy lifting. and, no bitterness yet. a labor of love.
Just saw this for the first time. Thought I'd ask what the status is on more of the stuff from the old site seeing the light of day here...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:05 am Just saw this for the first time. Thought I'd ask what the status is on more of the stuff from the old site seeing the light of day here...
We brought most everything over. Were you looking for something specific?
OuttaNowhereWregget

admin wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:39 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:05 am Just saw this for the first time. Thought I'd ask what the status is on more of the stuff from the old site seeing the light of day here...
We brought most everything over. Were you looking for something specific?
All the old posts. I can’t imagine how that would work but that was the main thing. I used to look up the old final standings of the conferences too.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:42 am All the old posts. I can’t imagine how that would work but that was the main thing. I used to look up the old final standings of the conferences too.
The old posts. Yes. That was the toughest one. We created a LaxPower Archive (which, apparently, you cannot see) but otherwise, not a simple piece to transfer over. This is, for example, the 2008 LaxPower Women's Archive. Maybe try clicking around. You'll see, it's imperfect. As for the Conference final standings, nope. Sorry. Though you may be able to access it through the LaxPower Archives.
OuttaNowhereWregget

admin wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:31 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:42 am All the old posts. I can’t imagine how that would work but that was the main thing. I used to look up the old final standings of the conferences too.
The old posts. Yes. That was the toughest one. We created a LaxPower Archive (which I think you can see) but otherwise, not a simple piece to transfer over. As for the Conference final standings, nope. Sorry. Though you may be able to access it through the LaxPower Archives.
Thanks for the info and the link, admin. Much appreciated.

Return to “FANLAX RULES AND PENALTY BOX”