Incident #1

The forum rules are little different than lacrosse rules. You can read more within this forum. If you are assessed a penalty, this is the only forum you can post within.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Re: Incident #1

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

admin wrote:I have no idea who the US/WE/INSIDERS are. But I know the rules here are objective, penalties are consistent, and they're given for what posters do and not who the posters are. Like in a lacrosse game, the goal of our rules is to keep things fair and fun for all players. Not just for the mean girls. As for a report that's old, I think it's worth writing. Depending on the infraction, few posters are penalized immediately. People are first given a warning. This report may serve as a warning and may help in the future.
I think wm expected you to have seen what went down and what was posted against him. Apparently it was very bad, and I believe him.

Unlike LP, you are not watching every major thread on a damn near hourly basis. You can’t possibly run this place as human intensively as LP did. (We don’t want you to either, because we don’t want you to burn out and the site fail.)

Which, wm, is why admin is asking you to report it. He simply didn’t catch it when it happened.

If the offending post is still out there, wm, point it out and have it deleted. You deserve that.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Wombat, correct. I am not following every thread. I don't want to and I don't want a bunch of moderating eyeballs to do it for me. Not because of a fear of burning out and the site failing (which will not happen. If I ever need to pass the baton, I will do it gladly. This site is not about money or power for me. I simply want to create a good party. And, as long as there are people who want to attend, I'm on board.) but because I think it's a bad structure. With out going off on a rant about FanLax's organizational structure, i want bottom-up, not top-down.

And, again, agreed. If it happened and you think it's "a foul", report it.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 256 KiB. :?:

I received the above message after attempting to add a jpeg photo-----300 x213 pixels.Perhaps I don't understand the difference between pixels and KiB.Any guidance or advice?

Not a foul as far as I know but I'm reporting it nonetheless.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That's strange. Do you mean an image for your avatar? The avatar settings are currently set to 12MB, a maximum avatar size of 120x120, and a minimum of 20x20. 1,000 KBs are 1 MB. 256 KiBs is much smaller than the site maximum. The image size of 300x213 is too big but this is only true if you're posting an image for your avatar. is this what you're doing?
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

admin wrote:That's strange. Do you mean an image for your avatar? The avatar settings are currently set to 12MB, a maximum avatar size of 120x120, and a minimum of 20x20. 1,000 KBs are 1 MB. 256 KiBs is much smaller than the site maximum. The image size of 300x213 is too big but this is only true if you're posting an image for your avatar. is this what you're doing?
No---my intention was to upload a photo to the "reply"(?) space.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

This is 125 KiB.
Attachments
a1.jpg
a1.jpg (125.28 KiB) Viewed 3206 times
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

This is 548 KiB. And... I got this "The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 256 KiB". I'll look into this. For now, you may have to shrink down the images but... I'll look into this.

FYI, I just used https://www.imgonline.com.ua/eng/compre ... e-size.php to shrink down the image to 125 KiB and... That works (see below).
Attachments
imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-9nMbElgcpb.jpg
imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-9nMbElgcpb.jpg (112.27 KiB) Viewed 3206 times
Caddy Day
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

You don’t type very well!
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Wombat, just leave him alone and let him write his book. Trust me.

Caddy Day
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

The evanescent,Brigadoon like Lummy's/LaxFan reappears.Is it OK to post?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

100%. Wahoo, for you, it's obligatory.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

IN THE NICK OF TIME! :D

Return to “FANLAX RULES AND PENALTY BOX”