FanLax Rules

The forum rules are little different than lacrosse rules. You can read more within this forum. If you are assessed a penalty, this is the only forum you can post within.
admin
Site Admin

FanLax Rules

Post by admin »

If You See Something, Say Something
If you see a Post or receive a PM (Private Message) that you believe to be inappropriate, please click the "Report this Post" Exclamation Mark (!) directly above the relevant Post or Private Message. Your identity will remain anonymous and your input is critical to FanLax effectively serving the needs of you and the lacrosse community.

FanLax Rules
[Updated: October 15, 2018]

FanLax's Rules are a living document. As a consequence, when relevant, these policies will be updated. When updated, we will post the date of the update directly above. The list of policies below are far from exhaustive. So, when in doubt, simply follow the Rules of Men's Collegiate Lacrosse. Especially RULE 5—Personal and Expulsion Fouls, RULE 6—Technical Fouls, and RULE 7—Penalty Enforcement.

FanLax Penalty Box - The FanLax Sideline and Penalty Box is where post-ers sit while serving their one-to-four day foul. (A five day foul results in an expulsion from the FanLax Forum for a minimum of 5 days and a maximum of forever.) When serving their time in the Penalty Box, players can read the posts of other post-ers throughout the FanLax Forum but are restricted to only creating posts within the Sideline and Penalty Box Forum. Non-Penalized post-ers can post throughout the FanLax Forum including within the Sideline and Penalty Box Forum. The Sideline and Penalty Box Forum resides within the Administrative Stuff Category.

Unnecessary Roughness - Lacrosse is a physical sport. It involves stick checks, body checks, and, on occasion, hard body checks. And a good body check is an integral part of the game. With this said, some times what a post-er considers a metaphorical good body check is actually unnecessary roughness and warrants a one-to-three-day non-releasable foul.

Official's Communication Device - One of the rule changes for the 2017-18 season was Officials being permitted to use communication devices for in-game officiating. The referee is directly on the field with the players, coaches, and even two assistant referees. Even so, the referee sometimes needs the aid of assistants off-the-field who are watching the game on TVs from multiple angles in order to help him or her to make the right call. At FanLax, Admin is the referee and you, FanLax's Forum-ites are the assistants who whisper into the referees ear. When relevant, please take the time to whisper.

Unsportsmanlike Conduct
SECTION 4. No post-er shall:
a. Enter into a maligning argument with an official, Admin, as to any decision that has been made.
b. Use threatening, profane or obscene language, or gestures.
c. Bait, taunt, call undue attention to oneself, or commit any other act considered unsportsmanlike by the officials. Baiting and taunting is a one-to-three-day non-releasable foul in all cases.
d. Troll and/or commit other Russian 'bot and/or other Putinesque behaviors. A troll is someone who uses over-the-top opinions or unverified claims to incite others, stir up controversy, and change a civilized discussion into a battleground.
e. post posts that promote hatred toward groups of people based on their race, ethnic origin or nationality, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or affiliation with any other protected group.

Note 1: If a player continues to be abusive after the penalty is assessed, the official may add additional non-releasable fouls. Penalty time from these fouls counts toward the 5-day limit for fouling out. Fighting and Flagrant misconduct are expulsion fouls. An expelled individual does not go to the penalty box. The individual is barred from the FanLax Forum completely for a minimum of five days and a maximum of forever.
44WeWantMore

Re: FanLax Rules

Post by 44WeWantMore »

and you, FanLax's Forum-ites are the assistants who whisper into the referees ear.
That is one of Coach K's under-appreciated strengths. He never makes a fuss, and I have never seen the camera catch it, but he has a subtle way of whispering into the refs ear without calling attention to himself that nonetheless helps to ensure a cleaner game.

Of course, a cleaner game generally tends to help the Devils, but that might be a topic for a different thread.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Coach K gets 85% of the calls. Why would he complain?
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Ever wonder why the camera angle at Duke does not face front of the bench....Coach K is the master of disguise. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Love the transparency of the FanLax Administrator in explaining his actions. It’s the way all Internet forums should be run.

DocBarrister :)
@DocBarrister
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

44, thank you.
PS If you think of other ways our website/forum should be run, please say it.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Ban trolls and morons and anyone whose name starts with $-*-&-%... and any of his cronies.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:48 pm Ban trolls and morons and anyone whose name starts with $-*-&-%... and any of his cronies.
I got edited! The ghost of forums past is lurking!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Everyone is discussing lacrosse! The ghost of forums past is lurking!
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

admin wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:59 am Everyone is discussing lacrosse! The ghost of forums past is lurking!
LMAO. I knew he’d hang.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

In reply to RRR on another thread that's specific to a particular poster's violations:

As in actual games, these various rules about "unnecessary roughness" and "unsportsmanlike conduct" are indeed, as you suggest, "subjective". The official makes the call based on their perspective of the foul, sometimes allowing minor infractions, sometimes missing egregious infractions, but in general controlling the behaviors on the field by penalizing the most obvious infractions, with progressive penalties for repeated infractions or arguing with the ref...(most of us know what happens when refs lose control!).

Experience on here would suggest that our FL ref lets a lot slide, unless it threatens to go out of control, diminishing the 'game'. Sometimes he issues a warning. But ignore that warning or argue with it and it's likely to result in a penalty...just as in a real game. And do it again and experience tells us that the penalty is increased. Don't do it again, experience tells us no problem with the ref.

Just as in a real game, the players need to read the ref, heed any warnings, and keep enough cool to avoid the most egregious fouls. That's our responsibility.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:13 am In reply to RRR on another thread that's specific to a particular poster's violations:

As in actual games, these various rules about "unnecessary roughness" and "unsportsmanlike conduct" are indeed, as you suggest, "subjective". The official makes the call based on their perspective of the foul, sometimes allowing minor infractions, sometimes missing egregious infractions, but in general controlling the behaviors on the field by penalizing the most obvious infractions, with progressive penalties for repeated infractions or arguing with the ref...(most of us know what happens when refs lose control!).

Experience on here would suggest that our FL ref lets a lot slide, unless it threatens to go out of control, diminishing the 'game'. Sometimes he issues a warning. But ignore that warning or argue with it and it's likely to result in a penalty...just as in a real game. And do it again and experience tells us that the penalty is increased. Don't do it again, experience tells us no problem with the ref.

Just as in a real game, the players need to read the ref, heed any warnings, and keep enough cool to avoid the most egregious fouls. That's our responsibility.
see something, say something?

Like the N word?

Its use BOTHERS ME. Could give to flying F's if admin didn't like the "way" the something was reported. glass jaw admin doesn't hold humanity, far from it. It is HATE. And you, whomever this is, allows it. It is sickening.

hey.....guess it IS cool to hang with refs that allow the use of the N word........stay classy.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:58 am Like the N word?... hey.....guess it IS cool to hang with refs that allow the use of the N word........stay classy.
What are you talking about?...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:08 am
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:58 am Like the N word?... hey.....guess it IS cool to hang with refs that allow the use of the N word........stay classy.
on multiple occasions, the "see something, say something" process was implemented.

The inappropriate use of the "N". Reported several times. No response from admin. No warning to those that posted the hateful language. Context matters :roll:

When the "see something, say something" process, was once again implemented....with a little taciturn verbage to get admins attention......sent ME to the box.

this ain't a lacrosse game. this is real life, albeit via this strange website. hate is hate.

just one example. again......context matters ? really. more subjective nonsense.
CU88 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:49 pm r's are at it again:

“Well, this whole thing is because of them niggers in Detroit,” Tom Eckerle

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... tinuing-to

“I don’t regret calling it a nigger,” Eckerle told Interlochen Public Radio. “A nigger is a nigger is a nigger. That’s not a person whatsoever.”

https://www.interlochenpublicradio.org/ ... repeatedly
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:37 am
Matnum PI wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:08 am
on multiple occasions, the "see something, say something" process was implemented.

The inappropriate use of the "N". Reported several times. No response from admin. No warning to those that posted the hateful language. Context matters :roll:

When the "see something, say something" process, was once again implemented....with a little taciturn verbage to get admins attention......sent ME to the box.

this ain't a lacrosse game. this is real life, albeit via this strange website. hate is hate.

just one example. again......context matters ? really. more subjective nonsense.
CU88 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:49 pm r's are at it again:

“Well, this whole thing is because of them niggers in Detroit,” Tom Eckerle

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... tinuing-to

“I don’t regret calling it a nigger,” Eckerle told Interlochen Public Radio. “A nigger is a nigger is a nigger. That’s not a person whatsoever.”

https://www.interlochenpublicradio.org/ ... repeatedly
RRR,
I'm not sure why you grind on this as it seems that you are simply unwilling to accept the ref's call on this one. The use of the n-word in a quote of someone, with whom there is no question that the poster feels is disgustingly racist (as you do), was deemed by the Admin 'ref' to be accurately illustrative of real and present racism, the poster's point. Not a violation in the subjective opinion of the ref. It's his call to make as to whether that specific usage was "appropriate" or "inappropriate".

Pretty sure that if a poster himself called say Kyle Harrison the n-word, that would have been swiftly penalized.

Grinding on it, insisting on being able to use the word in other contexts, pretty darn predictable that such is going to be seen as 'arguing with the ref'...never a good idea in any sport...at least if one wants to avoid being penalized!

If I recall correctly it was the grinding on it over and over again that resulted in you getting penalized, not the objecting to its usage the first time...the ref made his call, move on. At least that's how I see it.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Man, it IS cold out.

mdlaxfan, I don't trust your intellect, with much. No suprise here.

the club keeps on getting smaller and smaller..........deliberate fer sure.

feel free to leave, mdlaxfan, if you don't like all the attacks you are constantly getting on this website.....why are you here :D

you know, go for a bike ride......
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:21 pm If I recall correctly it was the grinding on it over and over again that resulted in you getting penalized, not the objecting to its usage the first time...the ref made his call, move on. At least that's how I see it.
He was penalized for using the n-word and then repeatedly justifying it because others used the word, too. You can get the gist of the events from his Penalty Box thread: viewtopic.php?f=275&t=1240. Back then, he didn't get it and, apparently, he still does not. Whatever...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:47 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:21 pm If I recall correctly it was the grinding on it over and over again that resulted in you getting penalized, not the objecting to its usage the first time...the ref made his call, move on. At least that's how I see it.
He was penalized for using the n-word and then repeatedly justifying it because others used the word, too. You can get the gist of the events from his Penalty Box thread: viewtopic.php?f=275&t=1240. Back then, he didn't get it and, apparently, he still does not. Whatever...
Yup, then arguing about it, doubling down.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:42 pm Man, it IS cold out.

mdlaxfan, I don't trust your intellect, with much. No suprise here.

the club keeps on getting smaller and smaller..........deliberate fer sure.

feel free to leave, mdlaxfan, if you don't like all the attacks you are constantly getting on this website.....why are you here :D

you know, go for a bike ride......
RRR,
I'm fine, thanks.
Did have a great bike ride yesterday, though.
Gonna get some fresh air today too.

I know you enjoy biking too, hope it gets warmer soon for you get back out there safely.
April's coming...
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:47 pm
To an unbiased eye, your response is laughable.

Others used the "N' word too?

Don't see "others" in the penalty box, if, in fact, what you state is true.

That others remain UN penalized.

yeah....it's me that doesn't get it......

Not shocked, coming from a guy who wished the death of a fellow human being. A usual occurance, in fact. whatever, indeed.

Return to “FANLAX RULES AND PENALTY BOX”