Three Players

Hamsterdam is FanLax's Brown Paper Bag. A Forum frequented by people with language and behavioral issues.
admin
Site Admin

Three Players

Post by admin »

This Three players named in law suit article was originally posted within the Patriot League thread and, for now, this is where we're putting it. The Post Policy question is, What to do with Not-So-Positive Posts? For now, this is our solution.
seriously?

Re: Three Players

Post by seriously? »

Lacrosse has a reputation. Mix the rush of a recruited athlete with the new-found freedom of college life with free booze, and you have a recipe for disaster. Truth be told, it is surprising tragedies like this do not happen more often. Young men do not understand the risk of alcohol poisoning or head injuries. Is there a solution?

Did they know he hit his head? How are they to judge the severity? Would there be trouble with the coach? Perhaps he slipped on someone else's mess in the bathroom. What if he slipped in his own vomit? You try telling a peer to stop drinking. How can you when you can't do it yourself? Who's the designated driver? No one.

I do not feel that these young men should be held accountable. Suing them, dragging them into court, making their parents pay for lawyers and a possible settlement out of court -- none of this will return their son to them and does nothing towards solving the stupidity of these situations.

I am terribly sorry that they lost their son -- a tragic loss all of us fear. But move this situation in a positive direction.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Like you, I'm not judging. G-d forbid I'll ever be in their shoes. With this said, and I'm not necessarily talking about these parents, they may know something we do not, but... People love scapegoats. Massive fraud and corruption within the US financial system so we put the CEO and CFO of Enron in jail and... Phew, thank G-d we caught them. Problem solved! It's so we can sleep at night. But, as you're speaking to, it's not so we can put a stop to the real issue at hand. In this case, (it appears to be) under-age, out-of-control drinking. The denial of real issues is a strange thing.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

admin wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:43 am This Three players named in law suit article was originally posted within the Patriot League thread and, for now, this is where we're putting it. The Post Policy question is, What to do with Not-So-Positive Posts? For now, this is our solution.
hmmm, I see at least some argument for placing something like this about specific individuals here, but I'm not sure why the general topic would be something we wouldn't want to discuss on the non-age restricted threads.

Painful, yes, but very important.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:34 pm Painful, yes, but very important.
Admin's original post was in 2019. We were just setting policies, etc. Like a teacher on Day One, they need to be strict. Once the teacher establishes that there needs to be discipline within the classroom and the teacher is running the room, then, on Day Fifty Seven or whatever, the teacher can afford to loosen up the reigns. In other words, now that FanLax has been around for a little bit, I bet we can get away with being looser.
Caddy Day
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:31 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:34 pm Painful, yes, but very important.
Admin's original post was in 2019. We were just setting policies, etc. Like a teacher on Day One, they need to be strict. Once the teacher establishes that there needs to be discipline within the classroom and the teacher is running the room, then, on Day Fifty Seven or whatever, the teacher can afford to loosen up the reigns. In other words, now that FanLax has been around for a little bit, I bet we can get away with being looser.
:D silly me, I thought this was recent and I'd missed it!!!

:oops: :oops:
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:59 pm :oops:
:)
Caddy Day
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

So what was the outcome? Cant find anything after this: