WCLA D1 & D2 April 10th Poll

WCLA Womens Lacrosse
Oaklandlax

WCLA D1 & D2 April 10th Poll

Post by Oaklandlax »

PITT, UTAH STATE HOLD TOP POSITIONS IN WCLA POLLS

As they have done all season, Pitt and Utah State retained the number one rankings in the WCLA (Women’s Collegiate Lacrosse Associates) Division I and II coaches polls, respectively.

This week’s polls are the last ones of the regular season. Team selections for the 2019 D-I and D-II national championships in Virginia Beach, May 8-11, will be announced next week.

No. 1 Pittsburgh (12-0) and No. 2 San Diego State (10-0) are the only undefeated teams in the Division I ranking. Defending champion Michigan Club, which extended its winning streak to nine games, remains third in the poll, followed by BYU and Cal Poly.

No. 13 Boston College Club was the biggest climber in the poll, jumping four spots after enjoying a 3-0 week. No. 20 Central Florida is the only newcomer in the Top 20.

In Division II, No. 1 Utah State maintains the top spot, receiving seven first-place votes, despite losing its only game of the week against Division I Utah.

Denver Club, St. Thomas, Air Force and Navy Club complete this week’s Division II top five.

No. 3 St. Thomas, which won four games in the past week, improved to 10-0 overall and is one of two undefeated teams in the top 10. No. 9 New Hampshire (5-0), which moved up four spots this week, is the other unbeaten team.

No. 17 Binghamton Club and No. 20 St. Benedict were the two newcomers in this week’s D-II ranking.

The WCLA features 230 Division I and Division II non-varsity teams that compete under the US Lacrosse umbrella. Automatic qualifications and at-large selections for the 2019 D-I and D-II national championships in Virginia Beach, May 8-11, will be announced next week.
D1.PNG
D1.PNG (17.75 KiB) Viewed 1889 times
D2.PNG
D2.PNG (17.76 KiB) Viewed 1889 times

Return to “WCLA WOMENS LACROSSE”