That's a wrap for 2020

D3 Womens Lacrosse
lovelax

That's a wrap for 2020

Post by lovelax »

Well it looks like the entire season will be canceled including the NCAA"s. While some schools left the window open to reconsider in early April, unless there is a big improvement we have likely seen our last lacrosse for this season. I feel for the seniors who not only miss there teammates and their last season, but are spending their last semester taking remote classes away for school and their schoolmates......Hopefully the actions taken will ease the panic and minimize adverse health impact. I still think the actions taken were rushed, reflexive and CYA but only time will tell in hindsight.

My preseason picks of Midd, Bowdoin, Amherst, Gettysburg and York still look good, but W&L, Tufts and F&M moved into the conversation. Of these teams I think Midd looked the best and was "ahead developmentally" over its 2019 NC team three games into the season. Their first years also looked like immediate contributors. Amherst has a great 12 but depth has been an issue for them over the last few years. F&M and W&L have excellent young talent and will be a force in the next few seasons. Bowdoin lost its primary scorer after the Midd game but still has amazing offensive firepower and I thought would have been a top Nescac team.

A lot of "what ifs" and "what could have beens" for 2020. Best wishes to all seniors getting through this as well as all payers in women's lacrosse and other spring sports.

Return to “D3 WOMENS LACROSSE”