D3 Womens Lacrosse
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ings/55749

I think Middlebury lost some really key performers to graduation, but returns a lot, and perhaps the best coaching staff in Division 3.
Dr. Tact

Re: 2020

Post by Dr. Tact »

What do they call the player of the year in D3...Is there a Tewwy equivalent? Or is just POY?

eldest D played with one of the young ladies on the watchlist and the youngest has her as a part time coach....

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... atch/55802
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

3 Gettysburg girls on the list. that's kind of impressive.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:36 pm 3 Gettysburg girls on the list. that's kind of impressive.
And 3 Middlebury
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Courtney Patterson of @GburgWlax

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
lovelax

Post by lovelax »

Patterson is a great player. I recall seeing her outmuscle TCNJ's 4X AA in the NC game in 2017 for the game-tying goal. Other two on POY list from the Bullets are also outstanding. The Sr attacker is a dual threat and the Jr is one of the fastest players I have seen in D3.

All 15 players listed are great choices. York girl can score at will, and the Wes girl runs the attack and is great on the draw. The Bowdoin players are also great choices. I'm glad to see two D and a goalie get some respect as well. Three younger MIdd players (2 jrs 1 soph) gives that team some staying power for the future. Good choices for pre-season POY but there are also many more who will emerge as usual.

I like Midd, York, Amherst, Bowdoin and Gettysburg as my top 5 in no particular order. Salisbury is always in the picture and again had heavy graduation losses but they always are in the conversation. Tufts and Wes had heavy graduation losses as well but will make the NESCAC the toughest conference again.

Its nice to see teams are scheduling tougher out of conference games to boost their resume. Gettysburg has a brutal 2 week slate in March with Salisbury, W&L, York, Tufts and TCNJ. We should know how they stack up by the end of March. The Nescac takes a bit longer to sort out since they start so late but Midd and Bowdoin open with each other which could be telling. I like the CAC with York, Gulls and MW. W&L has tough early schedule followed by easier ODAC schedule. Credit to W&L or scheduling these OOC games.
Dry fly

Post by Dry fly »

I’m really looking forward to the 2020 season, particularly since our daughter starts her first season in NESCAC. My quick thoughts for the conference:
Amherst should be highly motivated to make amends for coming so close to the final four last season. Their star junior field players and senior goalie must be hungry to seal the deal this year. As was pointed out in a prior lovelax post, Bowdoin returns most of their talent, so would seem primed to do well. While Wesleyan lost a slew of starters to graduation, they recruited at least a couple of gritty Boston area kids who should do well and help fill that void. I find it hard to believe that Kim Williams won’t be able to continue to evolve the program into a perennial D3 powerhouse. An amazing coach, for sure.

Although both Tufts and Middlebury also lost a lot of talent to graduation, their remaining stars should make them competitive again. I’m not sure about Colby and Williams. Having such great coaches, I wouldn’t be surprised if they do better than expected. I heard Trinity recruited a good first year group with a couple of D1 de-commits. Anybody have any thoughts about the other NESCAC teams? Bates’ loss to Occidental last weekend was disappointing, but hey, it’s only the first game. Happy Mud Season, New Englanders!

Return to “D3 WOMENS LACROSSE”