PLL Catch All

PROFESSIONAL LACROSSE
Typical Lax Dad

Re: PLL Catch All

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

spartanslynx wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:33 pm https://www.instagram.com/p/B--McZvhQ ... rr7ui5ju

Stick technology of today
I saw that and thought the exact same thing.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
cuseman4133

Post by cuseman4133 »

Looks like PLL season is canceled and are looking to hold a tournament.

I don't like it at all. Hopefully this doesn't decide their 2nd season champion, wouldn't feel authentic. Might as well put an asterisk on that "title."

Lots of questions as well. Where would it be held and when? Is IMG Academy the best place to hold it? How would students and parents feel about that, and when could the facility be open? Doubtful fans are watching at the venue, where could they watch at home? Highly doubt PLL gets TV time on NBC or NBCSN this year with NASCAR, Golf, and NHL going on (perhaps Premier League if they decide to start as well). And then how long would it be? I don't know how many guys would feel about being quarantined on a campus for 3-4 weeks just to make their couple thousand dollars.
118:24 #HHH
LaxManiax

Post by LaxManiax »

Talking with a few guys I know who play PLL they don't expect it to be back next summer as of now. Hopefully that changes but with the cancellation of this summer to a tournament its not good. Before the lock down they asked for more money and the investors said no. Cut to May and most investors are out. Without TV money and ticket sales the players don't see it coming back in 2021.

Question I asked was would you guys go back to the MLL......answer was if there is an MLL by then.

I believe MLL was smart to restructure to the league owning all teams. Couldn't of come at a better time. Now they control their fate, and possibly still be around in the future.
spartanslynx

Post by spartanslynx »

I understand that that may be the case but I expect that 20 game tournament will be a hit
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

NBC Sports is getting ready to televise some live action as the Premier Lacrosse League plans to come off the sidelines for a two-week tournament running from July 25 to Aug. 9. The PLL Championship Series...

http://fanlax.com/fanlax/2020/05/06/pro ... ournament/
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
YCOLaxFanSU

Post by YCOLaxFanSU »

Not understanding the scope of the Pandemic and thinking that we would be back in business by June, I figured that since the college season was cancelled this would actually save Professional Lacrosse because the numbers would be boosted by those Lacrosse fans that did not get their "fix'. However, once the XFL went down I believe this will be the end. I mean, the XFL was a Professional Football (most popular sport) League that had very strong support along with several major networks including ESPN and was experiencing what seemed to be a pretty strong second coming. If that is going to fold completely, how are leagues like the MLL and PLL going to make it. The MLL has been struggling and the PLL was just getting started.

It sounded like the first season of the PLL was at least somewhat of a success but admittedly I don't understand the significance of "clicks", "views" and "likes" and all of that internet lingo that was thrown around to offset what seemed like just moderate attendance numbers.

I was just reading an article about this 2 week tournament that the PLL shared on its Facebook page. Here it is below:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... vdgzim8bTw

So it looks like the players will make, at most 50% of their salary provided their team plays in the majority of the games in the tournament. I have never actually seen the pay scale so I don't know if that is still a significant amount of money. Can someone enlighten me?

They can also decide not to play. What if a lot of these players decide not to play?

Ultimately, I don't think Professional Outdoor Lacrosse is strong enough to handle shutting down for a season.
dp68

Post by dp68 »

I'm going to take the optimistic side.

By taking over during the Olympics time slot, lacrosse might be one of the only sports available to watch. Well, there will be NASCAR, but I'm guessing the NASCAR demographic doesn't overlap much with lax. If the tournament proves to be exciting (and I believe it will - the PLL is loaded with talent), the league could win enough new fans to remain financially solvent going into 2021. Of course, no guarantees our new normal won't preclude sports in 2021, but we can hope.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
spartanslynx

Post by spartanslynx »

Sounds like the only players who have decided to move on from college will be able to be drafted.

My top prospects:

Ament
Mellen
Kraus
DeLuca
Eddy
Evanchick
Goldner
Washuta
Gaudet
Teat
Fletcher
Pettit
Rigney
Goss
Salvatore

These are players I think is done with college. Comment if I'm wrong and add some more players
Last edited by spartanslynx on Thu May 07, 2020 5:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Do players need to register with the MLL or PLL? Or can they be drafted by both? They obviously don't need to confirm that they're forgoing college play.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Do players need to register with the MLL or PLL? Or can they be drafted by both? They obviously don't need to confirm that they're forgoing college play.
Caddy Day
spartanslynx

Post by spartanslynx »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:11 pm Do players need to register with the MLL or PLL? Or can they be drafted by both? They obviously don't need to confirm that they're forgoing college play.
They can be drafted by both.

Don't need to register.

PLL has said that if a player goes back to college they need to be redrafted next year.

MLL on the other hand, has said that rights for the players will be kept by the teams, even if they go back college.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

spartanslynx wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:22 pm PLL has said that if a player goes back to college they need to be redrafted next year.
MLL on the other hand, has said that rights for the players will be kept by the teams, even if they go back college.
That's interesting...
Caddy Day
YCOLaxFanSU

Post by YCOLaxFanSU »

That would seem different from last year when the first pick of the PLL was Pat Spencer, knowing that he was going to play basketball. I'm pretty sure I heard that coach say that they now had his rights.
spartanslynx

Post by spartanslynx »

YCOLaxFanSU wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:15 am That would seem different from last year when the first pick of the PLL was Pat Spencer, knowing that he was going to play basketball. I'm pretty sure I heard that coach say that they now had his rights.
Correct! They have changed it. But it doesn't seem like Spencer will play anyhow :(
spartanslynx

Post by spartanslynx »

Pretty big news today!

This season will be available from Austria, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden and the U.K & U.S. and cost $19.99
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
cuseman4133

Post by cuseman4133 »

I'd love to find the leaked draft list for tonight...
118:24 #HHH
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:13 am Gambling
Just what the sport of lacrosse needs - gambling a tool of fan engagement. :roll:
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Looking forward to the draft. My phone next to me *just in case*
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.

Return to “PROFESSIONAL LACROSSE”