PLL Draft

PROFESSIONAL LACROSSE
Tdemling6

PLL Draft

Post by Tdemling6 »

The PLL Draft will take place on April 22nd. I am pretty sure we all know who will go number one overall.

Mock Draft: https://lacrossebucket.com/2019/04/11/2 ... ock-draft/
Mr3Putt

Re: PLL Draft

Post by Mr3Putt »

Will anyone watch this Pll ? Clearly, know one on this website cares for the league.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Mr3Putt wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:38 am Will anyone watch this Pll ? Clearly, know one on this website cares for the league.
It will be easier to find on TV than the MLL was. I am surprised at the number of parents of young lacrosse players that are familiar with the league. It will be interesting to see how it goes. A better model than the old LXM. Time will tell. I will be watching.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
johnnyonthegunpowder

Post by johnnyonthegunpowder »

Not that anyone will read this, but what if.....What if the PLL actually ends up decreasing interest in professional lacrosse? Something to think about.
Typical Lax Dad

johnnyonthegunpowder wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:54 pm Not that anyone will read this, but what if.....What if the PLL actually ends up decreasing interest in professional lacrosse? Something to think about.
In what way? (I read it)
johnnyonthegunpowder

If I wasn't very familiar with lacrosse, I can imagine tuning into a PLL game on TV and seeing it as something akin to American Ninja Warriors, not another major league sport. Between soccer jerseys, the Bitmojis, the names (Atlas, Chaos, Whipsnakes), it has this Pokemon/Game of Thrones thing going on that reeks of inorganic manufacturing. It looks like a product with no history, like it was whipped up in 2019 for 2019. No Lyle Thompson???Can you imagine watching this cartoon version of lacrosse after this weekend's games? On top of it all, the media they put out is the most cringeworthy stuff on the internet. It has truly made me less of a Hopkins fan.

But, I guess they are playing the long game and selling it to 8 year olds, which is smart. Fortunately for them, but not so for society, in 2019 grown men watch Game of Thrones, and play video games, and have Bitmojis as much as their children. The best thing this league has going for it is Curtis Dickson.
hooligan88

Post by hooligan88 »

I feel the same. I also feel like this is a way for Rabil to extend his career. I will give it try. But i will also still watch MLL. The one thing i am pissed about is my Rattlers were going to win it all this year, and they took most of our players.
Typical Lax Dad

johnnyonthegunpowder wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:06 am If I wasn't very familiar with lacrosse, I can imagine tuning into a PLL game on TV and seeing it as something akin to American Ninja Warriors, not another major league sport. Between soccer jerseys, the Bitmojis, the names (Atlas, Chaos, Whipsnakes), it has this Pokemon/Game of Thrones thing going on that reeks of inorganic manufacturing. It looks like a product with no history, like it was whipped up in 2019 for 2019. No Lyle Thompson???Can you imagine watching this cartoon version of lacrosse after this weekend's games? On top of it all, the media they put out is the most cringeworthy stuff on the internet. It has truly made me less of a Hopkins fan.

But, I guess they are playing the long game and selling it to 8 year olds, which is smart. Fortunately for them, but not so for society, in 2019 grown men watch Game of Thrones, and play video games, and have Bitmojis as much as their children. The best thing this league has going for it is Curtis Dickson.
I had not thought of it that way. After I see a couple of games I will have a better feel for it. Good players, good coaches and I am hoping good lacrosse. I don't pay that much attention to social media marketing....I am too old for it and probably not the target audience. Structurally, it seems organized like pro soccer clubs with multiple revenue streams. Time will tell. As for adults doing what kids do, I never bought into it and as a result, I have never been on facebook and I have no "social" media footprint.
johnnyonthegunpowder

You're smart, Typical. I don't have a twitter or facebook account, but I do use twitter to search what's up in lacrosse. It's interesting to use as a kind of search engine, because it gives you a man on the street assessment of things.

In terms of the actual product on the field, I don't know if they are changing any rules of the game at all. I think the one thing that could help the product is a smaller field.

Beyond the product, American professional lacrosse players seem to have very little grace in their fame; they're just spastic. Canadians and Native players are much better at curating their image. My last criticism, and I don't mean to sound so snarky, but I admit I am being snarky. It's fitting and ironic that Alibaba is a major backer of this league. Have you every bought anything off Alibaba? I've bought some carbon fiber cycling parts, and that stuff is nothing but absolutely dirt cheap knock offs. It ain't the real thing.
Typical Lax Dad

johnnyonthegunpowder wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:27 am You're smart, Typical. I don't have a twitter or facebook account, but I do use twitter to search what's up in lacrosse. It's interesting to use as a kind of search engine, because it gives you a man on the street assessment of things.

In terms of the actual product on the field, I don't know if they are changing any rules of the game at all. I think the one thing that could help the product is a smaller field.

Beyond the product, American professional lacrosse players seem to have very little grace in their fame; they're just spastic. Canadians and Native players are much better at curating their image. My last criticism, and I don't mean to sound so snarky, but I admit I am being snarky. It's fitting and ironic that Alibaba is a major backer of this league. Have you every bought anything off Alibaba? I've bought some carbon fiber cycling parts, and that stuff is nothing but absolutely dirt cheap knock offs. It ain't the real thing.
Yes. I follow lacrosse and the FT and the Economist on Twitter but as far as reading the tripe that is on twitter that I have no frame of reference for, I don't bother. At least on this board, lacrosse provides some context about the anonymous people.....even on the politic forum. The fact that my kids were on Twitter, Facebook, Snap Chat and whatever else was enough to keep me away from it...... I had not heard much about PLL rule changes. I have been following the MLL for a long time and I am hoping the PLL and the MLL are both successful. There are pluses/minuses with the MLL and I am sure the same will be true of the PLL. One thing is certain, the skill of the players and the speed of play is much higher than college in the MLL. More practice time and team chemistry would go a long way in helping the game. Maybe one day...... I love the Canadian players and the fans. The Canadian fans in general have a far better appreciation for the finer points of the game. It seems a lot of people are involved here for the upward mobility the sport can provide. In Canada, it seems as though it is more about competition and playing for the love of the game. I could be wrong but that is my impression. After all, it is the National Game of Canada.
Typical Lax Dad

Update. I found that the rules will be slightly different than the MLL. 52 second clock, 100 yard field (box to box is shorter) and closer 2 point line. Time will tell how it goes. Not sure I like an even shorter clock but field is shorter.
Fanlax999

Post by Fanlax999 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:41 pm
johnnyonthegunpowder wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:27 am You're smart, Typical. I don't have a twitter or facebook account, but I do use twitter to search what's up in lacrosse. It's interesting to use as a kind of search engine, because it gives you a man on the street assessment of things.

Yes. I follow lacrosse and the FT and the Economist on Twitter but as far as reading the tripe that is on twitter that I have no frame of reference for, I don't bother. At least on this board, lacrosse provides some context about the anonymous people.....even on the politic forum. The fact that my kids were on Twitter, Facebook, Snap Chat and whatever else was enough to keep me away from it...... I had not heard much about PLL rule changes. I have been following the MLL for a long time and I am hoping the PLL and the MLL are both successful. There are pluses/minuses with the MLL and I am sure the same will be true of the PLL. One thing is certain, the skill of the players and the speed of play is much higher than college in the MLL. More practice time and team chemistry would go a long way in helping the game. Maybe one day...... I love the Canadian players and the fans. The Canadian fans in general have a far better appreciation for the finer points of the game. It seems a lot of people are involved here for the upward mobility the sport can provide. In Canada, it seems as though it is more about competition and playing for the love of the game. I could be wrong but that is my impression. After all, it is the National Game of Canada.
The game in the US has turned into greed and money grubbing. Like I have said before, only the rich can play this sport in US. Sure, there are avg income families picking a up a stick and messing around with it in the beginning, but they later find out the forced costs of playing and they bail. And many, many kids don't even bother picking up the sport because of the extreme and needless costs of playing. And I know a ton of kids and parents who just got burned out and fed up with the greed and politics of playing a sport that they originally started playing and supporting just for the pure love of it.
Typical Lax Dad

Fanlax999 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:08 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:41 pm

The game in the US has turned into greed and money grubbing. Like I have said before, only the rich can play this sport in US. Sure, there are avg income families picking a up a stick and messing around with it in the beginning, but they later find out the forced costs of playing and they bail. And many, many kids don't even bother picking up the sport because of the extreme and needless costs of playing. And I know a ton of kids and parents who just got burned out and fed up with the greed and politics of playing a sport that they originally started playing and supporting just for the pure love of it.
Can’t argue with anything you mentioned.

Return to “PROFESSIONAL LACROSSE”