Region XX Fall Rankings

NJCAA Mens Lacrosse
hooligan88

Region XX Fall Rankings

Post by hooligan88 »

I ranked the region by returning lettermen and out put from last year. I also take into account the recruiting class.

Fall Region XX rankings

1. CCBC Essex- All the top offensive players and Goalie should be returning. Experience will help this team. They will be the most improved.

2. Harford- Top goal scorers are back, but have a new starting goalie.

3. Anne Arundel- The new goalie will need to step up. The offense is expected to be even better this year.

4. Howard- Last years champs lost a lot. All the top offensive players and goalie are gone. They will need to use the fall to get this bunch some game experience.

5. Potomac State- Will be better than last year. Still a young team. The recruits will improve in goal and defense. Lost the best player from last year.

6. CCBC Catonsville- Will have a more experienced team but just lacks top ranked talent.

7. Southern Maryland- Will be rebounding after not fielding a team last year. Coach told me they would have a team in 19, we will see.

8. Cecil College- Not even sure if they will field a team. If they do, don't expect much.

Northern Virginia and Frederick are not expected to field teams. It would take a miracle.
thatsmell

Re: Region XX Fall Rankings

Post by thatsmell »

Bold predictions, for sure.
I wont make my own predictions, but just add the following thoughts to yours-

1) I'm in a "prove it" mindset for Essex. The program shift two years ago was a bigger deal than most know. Essex's admin is no longer giving them the keys to the car either. I'm not sold on the staff being as dialed-in to the recruiting scene as the previous admin. I havent heard of them bringing in anyone that would help them make that drastic of a jump, just yet. Not saying they can;t or don;t have that guy. Just havent heard it yet.
2 Somewhat relaed to my pessimism on Essex is that the best kids from Harford County are now staying in-county. In addition to what you noted, Harford replaces a goalie, but also returns one of their top defenseman, Shaun Vines. He was at Towson before Harford. He could be their top player overall. And IMO, some 4-year coach will be lucky to get him as a JR.
3) I think AA could be better than third. The amount of talent in their backyard is immense. And they always seem to get some unexpected new faces each spring. Some people who's opinion I respect are not as high on the staff there. But I think they are pretty good and I'm a firm believer that the staff and talent togehter should yield pretty good results.
4) Howard loses a ton, as you noted. IMO, even if they lose most of their top players, they were still the class of the region last year and should be ok. Just like AA, this team has deep feeder programs in Ho-Co. They are the type of program that can easilly reload.
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
hooligan88

Re: Region XX Fall Rankings

Post by hooligan88 »

Great input. I hope to find out more this weekend.

Return to “NJCAA MENS LACROSSE”