AAC
1. Reinhardt
2. Cumberlands
3. Tennessee Wesleyan
4. Montreat
5. Point
6. Union
7. Asbury
8. Saint Andrews (if they have a season)

KCAC
1. Saint Ambrose
2. Missouri Valley
3. Saint Mary
4. Benedictine
5. Columbia
6. Clarke
7. Ottawa

WHAC
1. Madonna
2. Lawrence Tech
3. Siena Heights
4. Indiana Tech
5. Lourdes
6. Concordia
7. Aquinas
8. Dearborn
9. Cleary
10. Taylor (betting that they will not have a season)

Independents
1. SCAD
2. Keiser
3. Missouri Baptist
4. Green Mountain College
5. Lindenwood
6. Robert Morris
7. Central Christian (betting that they will not have a season)
CoffeeCoach

Re: 2019 Predictions

Post by CoffeeCoach »

AAC
1. Reinhardt
2. Cumberlands
3. Montreat
4. Asbury
5. TWU
6. Point
7. Union
- Saint Andrews (Don't think they will be back until 2020)

Its Reinhardts league until someone can knock them on come playoff time. Cumberlands has the numbers and some talent. However, Coach Snow just knows how to get it done and how to put his kids in the right position every year. I don't think there is a dark horse in the AAC. Asbury could be a team on the rise in the coming years.

KCAC
1. St. Ambrose
2. Missouri Valley
3. Benedictine
4. St. Mary
5. Ottawa
6. Clarke
7. Columbia

MVC hasn't lost a KCAC game EVER. This will probably be the year they lose a few. Change is coaching staff has lead to a huge turnover in talent and recruiting. Mean while St. Ambrose looks like they are bringing in top talent. My bet is on St. Ambrose running away with the KCAC this year. Dont sleep on Benedictine though.

WHAC
1. Madonna
2. Lawrence Tech
3. Siena Heights
4. Indiana Tech
5. Aquinas
6. Concordia
7. Lourdes
8. Dearborn
9. Cleary
- Taylor (Agree, highly doubt they have a season)

Safe to say Madonna will repeat a 15 win season. Especially if you look at their cupcake schedule. For the their sake lets hope the coach can control the kids this time around. Indiana Tech graduated arguable the best player in the country. Lets see if they can give Madonna a run fo their money again. Lawrence Tech however is still very solid with a good class coming in.

Independents
1. SCAD
2. Keiser
3. Missouri Baptist
4. Robert Morris
5. Lindenwood
- Green Mountain College (Wont count due to not playing 8 NAIA Games)
- Central Christian (Folded Program)

Indys are always a tough one. All 3 of the top programs have had success over the years. My money is on SCAD getting the AQ. Keisers class is suspect and they haven't done much since that first season. I believe MoBaps days are over as a top NAIA program. Too many other programs have passed them by, and the addition of a D2 program in town takes away a lot of local talent.

Overall the growth and level of competition is growing which is amazing for the NAIA. Should be a really fun year.
Sassy

Post by Sassy »

AAC
1. Reinhardt
2. Cumberlands
3. Tennessee Wesleyan
4. Montreat
5. Point
6. Union
7. Asbury
When you are the 2-time defedning National Champ it is your conference to lose. Cumberlands has made great strides under Pete and I know they will continue this year.

KCAC
1. Missouri Valley
2. Saint Ambrose
3. Benedictine
4. Saint Mary
5. Columbia
6. Ottawa
7. Clarke
MVC has won the KCAC for the last three years and I think they have a solid group of offensiv players coming back this year, assuming they are all allowed to play? SAU, Benedictine both had solid recruiting classes along with Saint Mary and Columbia it should be a competative conference to watch.

WHAC
1. Madonna
2. Indiana Tech
3. Siena Heights
4. Lourdes
5. LTU
6. Concordia
7. Aquinas
8. Dearborn
9. Cleary
Madonna opends with a tough D3 school along with one of the best MCLA teams so that wil be fun to see. They also added Cumberlands and Keiser to the schedule. Madonna has the talent to make another run at Reinhardt but they need to learn to just play the game and shut up! Indiana Tech graduated two studs but I feel they will solid again this year. Again I feel the WHAC is toughest conferecne top to bottom in the NAIA

Independents
1. SCAD
2. Keiser
3. Missouri Baptist
4. Green Mountain College
5. Lindenwood
6. Robert Morris
This is a toss up! Any of the top 3 could get the AQ and depending on the other confereces cold they end up with 2 bids to the tournament.

The NAIA is still growing and hopefully the national office continues the support as this group.
laxmarmot

Post by laxmarmot »

One more year up in Grand Rapids, then we enjoy can this.
http://www.naia.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB ... =211784064
Nice looking venue and at a decent size stadium, not a dig on Grand Rapids, beautiful State. I hope they can fill the place up, last year up in Michigan there was some nice fan support, but just a little cramped. Plus it is a shorter trip for me. ;)
Your preparations of today, will determine the achievements of tomorrow.
laxmarmot

Post by laxmarmot »

2019 KCAC by the numbers.
Yes, it is very early in the process, and these numbers are sure to change. However, there are some interesting facts to be seen.
Benedictine, 30 players, 11 Fr, 6 So, 8 Jr, 5 Sr. O.O.C. games to watch, Ind. Tech, Madonna, Aquinas.
Clarke, 19, 4 Fr,6 So, 2 Jr, 7 Sr, O.O.C. games to watch, Lourdes.
Columbia, 20, 17 Fr, 1 So, 2 Jr, 0 Sr, games to watch, Ind Tech, Mo Bapt, Univ. Cumberlands, Tenn Wes.
Ottawa, 20, 10 Fr, 2 So, 2 Jr, 8 Sr, games to watch, Aquinas, Keiser, SCAD, Mo. Bapt, Ind. Tech.
Mo. Valley, 27, 9 Fr, 8 So, 5 Jr, 5 Sr, games to watch, Univ. Cumberlands, Siena Hts.
St. A's, Feb. 1st, Lourdes, Tenn. Wes.
St. Mary's, 20, 6 Fr, 4 So, 2 Jr, 8 Sr, Ind. Tech, Madonna, Aquinas, Lourdes.
Take away?
Two healthiest teams with 30 and 27 players Benedictine, and Mo. Valley.
Two youngest teams, Columbia 17 of 20 are Fr, Ott. 10 of 20 are Fr.
Two toughest schedules, Ottawa, St. Mary's
Toughest road ahead, Columbia with 17 Fr, does the term herding cats come to mind ?
Team to watch, St. Mary's, with a short bench and a strong OOC schedule, can they keep it together for the Conference run at the end. Staying healthy is going to be their biggest challenge.
Newest face on the side line, Coach Christian Diaz at Clarke, he has lot's to do.
Who can beat Mo. Valley, the biggest question, while there are a TON of variables, I think it comes down to either, Benedictine, or St. Mary's with the best CHANCE. But it is like playing the lottery, you just never know. Mo. Valley has a lot of pride behind them and talent as well.
Regardless of these facts, let's see what happens after the snow melts. ;)
laxmarmot

Post by laxmarmot »

Well are there any predictions now, on just how will get their tickets to Grand Rapids ?
All the preseason picks have a lose, so it will come down to who REALLY WANTS to leave a legacy behind. Conference tournaments will, as usual, be key. The ups and downs of in season play go out the window. Sure regular season Championship are great, but if the Conference Championship isn't there as well, it's seems less important. All the top teams teams have stumbled this season, so that just makes for an open field, and a GREAT Tournament. Good luck to all who end up in Michigan.

Return to “NAIA MENS LACROSSE”