NC LAX

HS Girls Lacrosse
coachw65

NC LAX

Post by coachw65 »

Preseason Favorites from the East and the West?
cltlax

Re: NC LAX

Post by cltlax »

West public schools: Weddington returns almost the entire team and should be very strong - a bunch of D1 commits. Catholic and Myers Park close behind.

Assuming Gibbons is favorite in the East. Still not sure why Catholic schools that can recruit players are allowed to play in public division.
chriskbrown50

Post by chriskbrown50 »

I asked the question about Catholic schools to my local AD; my daughter swam against Charlotte Catholic who pulled kids from everywhere, across county lines. I was told that the agreement is that the schools have a radius that they can draw from (15 miles/20 miles?). I think it's absolute rubbish that they play against public schools with this in place. Had a kid who lives down the street go to Catholic which is a good 40 minute drive one way. It's a private school that's too good to play the other privates. I grew up in Virginia and never seen private schools play in a public league.
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

Two HS girls playdays this weekend on Friday and Saturday, with most of the top Charlotte-area teams in action. Should be fun to watch (if the weather cooperates).
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

Weddington went to Raleigh this past weekend and knocked off 3-time defending state champion Cardinal Gibbons.
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

Mid-way through the season and the Charlotte area is staking the claim as the best in the state.

Return to “HS GIRLS LACROSSE”