2019 Virginia Public GLAX

HS Girls Lacrosse
Letemplay

Re: 2019 Virginia Public GLAX

Post by Letemplay »

glax wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:22 pm How about Madison by A LOT...19-5 final. So much for this being the break out year for Herndon??
This isn’t an underground forum. Have you ever thought that some of the Herndon players read your comments? It’s pretty pathetic for adults to trash high school girls while hiding behind a screen name. If you knew anything about Herndon, you would know that our current seniors finished with a 3-9 record as freshmen. This year they finished 12-3, with losses only to top teams in the state. So yeah, I would call that a break out season.
Hornets have much to be proud of.
Laxlegend

Post by Laxlegend »

Yes they do. I was at the game last night and saw a hard working proud bunch of talented girls.

Herndon has made some noise the past 2 years - a lot to be proud of. Tough to see the tears on some as the leave the stadium.

Congrats Hornets !
glax

Post by glax »

Sorry to offend the Herndon homers (some of which I believe had Herndon as a top 2-3 team); that's what the comment was directed towards. My feeling is you need to compete against the top teams, which didnt happen this year for Herndon. Unfortunately, this was an overall down year for the most part in girls lax.
B D C

Post by B D C »

FSUFan wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:03 am Good point. But it's not just in Vegss, its everywhere. Given Virginny. Lighten up! Just having some fun.

But, since I am at it, this is HIGH SCHOOL girls lacrosse, not a professional lacrosse league. The abuse that your team parents put on your coach this year is disgusting and shameful.

That is all.
Tea please.
Ladylike

Post by Ladylike »

I have a lot of catching up to do...
Sweetcaroline

Post by Sweetcaroline »

so good!
so good!
so good!

:D
VALaxer

Re: Back to our regularly scheduled program...

Post by VALaxer »

Woodson
West Springfield
Robinson

All winners in Occoquan Regional play tonight.
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Round Two...

Post by UnderArmourOdor »

SoCo came to The Pat tonight with a plan to beat the Cavs in a game I'm sure both head coaches stressed would be some teams Seniors last game. Each team had seven SRs and those in the game played with the ferocity you could feel...the physicality kept elevating and very little quarter was given in the arc. Cavs got out to a 3-0 lead before the Stallions came back with two and both Players of the year Stephan for the Cavs 5 G's & Sullivan for the Ponies 4 G's were on their games. It was 8-3 for the home team at the half and the "A" Team of officials were calling it like it was a high-level WCAC or ISL game. Long offensive possessions at each end were a standard and clears were highly contested on each possession. Ended 13-7 as it was a perfect night for lacrosse unlike the heat of last night. Enjoyed the Chick-fil-A watching a struggle between two teams that match up well and don't like each other much. Both sets of SRs acquitted themselves well and everyone who played will be sore tomorrow.
UnderArmourOdor

Re: No offense taken...

Post by UnderArmourOdor »

glax wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:59 pm Sorry to offend the Herndon homers (some of which I believe had Herndon as a top 2-3 team); that's what the comment was directed towards. My feeling is you need to compete against the top teams, which didnt happen this year for Herndon.
Good, I thought you were...let me put it in SOLese since it is testing season:
A) A bitter Chantilly Parent.*
B) A really bitter Chantilly Parent who wished it was still Blonde Ambition in charge.
C) A really, really bitter Chantilly Parent who hates the results Herndon has posted this year.
D) All of the above
Sorry I was wrong...but it did liven up the Forum!
glax wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:59 pm Unfortunately, this was an overall down year for the most part in girls lax.
Offending all the NoVa teams definitely makes it better! Haha

* - Insider Note: Current Herndon Coach was let go by Chantilly after last season after bringing them back to respectability in the Concorde.
VALaxer

Re: Occoquan Region Results

Post by VALaxer »

Full results from last night...

Woodson (H) 13 - South County 7
West Springfield 15 - Colgan (H) 8
Robinson (H) 19 - Forest Park 10
West Potomac (H) 17 - Hayfield 2

Friday--

West Springfield - Woodson
Robinson - West Potomac
FSUFan

Post by FSUFan »

Langley. 16
Washington & Lee. 8

Final
VirginiaTerp

Post by VirginiaTerp »

FSUFan wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:41 pm Langley. 16
Washington & Lee. 8

Final
Madison 13 Yorktown 8

Langley vs Madison for Northern Region title. Both earn spots in State Eight. I believe loser of this game meets Occoquan Region champs in State quarters.

Yorktown at WL for 3rd place play-in game for states. Winner of this game meets the Hampton Roads Region champ (Colonial Forge or Cosby?) in State quarters. :shock:
Neutral

Post by Neutral »

Anyone notice that there is a lot more hate thrown at the Chargers this year sprinkled with a little more Herndon pride? (Not meant to put Herndon down, they truly are a great group of girls and should have made it farther)

But are there any connections I am missing...? It just seems a little queer.

I guess some people can't help but hate on girls highschool lacrosse teams
*cough some upset pro-blonde fans *cough
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Neutral wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:35 pm Anyone notice that there is a lot more hate thrown at the Chargers this year sprinkled with a little more Herndon pride? (Not meant to put Herndon down, they truly are a great group of girls and should have made it farther)

But are there any connections I am missing...? It just seems a little queer.

I guess some people can't help but hate on girls highschool lacrosse teams
*cough some upset pro-blonde fans *cough
As a neutral observer of Herndon and Chantilly HS GLAX, I will say that Coach Yellow hair has had a positive effect on a Herndon team that was treading water. He did the same for Chantilly.

As a friend of a Herndon/Reston Girls Rec coach that has had her girls finally reach High school, I think the Rec teams' development has shown that Herndon was going to get better regardless of the HS Coach. that is no knock on Coach Chen, just my opinion.

So the two combined has to be positive for fans of the Hornets....Good Lax from Herndon is good for NOVA Lax. Dont know if Chantilly rebuilds from their high water mark of 2017, but then again the same could be said for Westfield or Centreville...
truth

Post by truth »

I'm sick of all the off-gassing from the Blonde fans/friends.

Here's the truth: Coach Blonde was released from Chantilly job because the players (Seniors, Juniors, Sophomores, and supported by graduates) went to the AD with a long list of items that were experienced collectively, individually, and historically, and that served to tear down the player's confidence, instill a negative team atmosphere, and destroyed the desire for players to return to the program and the sport of lacrosse - not the parents. This behavior started years ago and enough was enough. I think we would all agree that a coach's #1 job, from youth to pro level, is to foster a positive team atmosphere and build confidence in the players. This coach did the opposite of that, and after being confronted by the AD continued the negative behavior and even made retaliatory actions to the upper class-men that he thought to be responsible. There was also an apparent conflict of interest between the club team that he owned/coached and the high school team he coached.

The success that some on this forum are attributing to this coach during their tenure at Chantilly had little to do with the coach and everything to do with the girls that were on the roster. Those same girls attested to experiencing the same negative issues with this coach. Blonde fans/friends (Tact, UAO) might say that negative feedback is necessary to build a better player and a better team ("back in my day ..."), but positive feedback goes further - this is high school.

It was surprising to see this coach hired again in Fairfax County. I hope lessons have been learned and wish nothing but the best for the Herndon Girls Lacrosse Team.
Letemplay

Post by Letemplay »

Herndon has had three coaches in four years. Going into details about the absence of our former coach (now coaching at another school in Liberty conference), would be wrong on so many levels. These coaches are human beings with families, careers and clearly aren’t coaching for the paycheck.

I don’t belong to a Coach Chen fan club, and have no personal bias, aside from seeing a total shift in morale from the Herndon players. We must be talking about two different coaches here, because I cannot imagine him doing any of the things mentioned. You are trying to assassinate the character of a man on a public forum because you are tired of people giving him positive feedback. Below the belt.
truth

Post by truth »

Tired of reading the character assassination of high school girls (Tact, UAO). You either want the truth of what happened or you want to make up fairy tales and blame the girls. Which one are you?

This is my last post.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

truth wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:00 pm Blonde fans/friends (Tact, UAO) might say that negative feedback is necessary to build a better player and a better team ("back in my day ..."), but positive feedback goes further - this is high school.
Wow....hold on there friend. I am not a fan of Chen. Far from it.....I know all of what you have said in your initial post and more....

lets talk about what I wrote which might have convinced you I was a blonde lover....
Dr. Tact wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:14 pm As a neutral observer of Herndon and Chantilly HS GLAX, I will say that Coach Yellow hair has had a positive effect on a Herndon team that was treading water. He did the same for Chantilly.
I should clarify my point....I was indicating the black and white Win/Loss record. That was my intent in "positive effect" for both the comment on Herndon and Chantilly.....I apologize that it appeared I was supporting him on anything other than won/Lost record.. Sorry if I got you all riled up.

truth wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:00 pm The success that some on this forum are attributing to this coach during their tenure at Chantilly had little to do with the coach and everything to do with the girls that were on the roster.
Dr. Tact wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:14 pm As a friend of a Herndon/Reston Girls Rec coach that has had her girls finally reach High school, I think the Rec teams' development has shown that Herndon was going to get better regardless of the HS Coach. that is no knock on Coach Chen, just my opinion.

I agree with you on this....In fact, the 2017 Chantilly team was very good because of some talented players that I watched play club with my D.

Hopefully my clarification helps you to understand that I was not tooting a VC horn. I am not a fan, but I wont drag him through mud on a forum.
truth wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:17 pm Tired of reading the character assassination of high school girls (Tact, UAO). You either want the truth of what happened or you want to make up fairy tales and blame the girls. Which one are you?

This is my last post.
This was insulting...I have never assassinated any girls character in my time here or on Laxpower. I do not believe in that. In fact, if I mention a girl it is in a positive light. Please let me know where I assassinated anyone....
VALaxer

Re: Occoquan Regional Results

Post by VALaxer »

Congrats to West Potomac and Woodson for winning hard fought games and punching tickets to states.

WestPo (H) 12 - Robinson 11.

Woodson (H) 13 - West Springfield 9. The Spartans came to play at their new home away from home (4th visit there this year :!: - 3 games and a continuation) "The Pat" tonight and looked like they were getting more comfortable with the familiar settings. Woodson raced out to a 3-0 lead, but Sparty answered back to make it 3-3, with the teams trading goals, Sparty going up 6-5, and the Cavs answering to make it 7-6 at the intermission. The snack bar was in post-season form with warm Chik-Fil-a, pizza, hot dogs and cold soda, so the half was almost too short. Sparty answered early in the 2nd session to tie it at 7, and then grabbed a 8-7 lead. WTW was up to the challenge and responded, building a 11-9 lead, with 6 mins left to play and getting a man-up advantage. The Spartan D was stout, and the Westies gained possession and had some man-down momentum building with the ball on attack, but the dreaded "forgot to leave 4 players back" bit them with an offsides and turnover to the Cavs who then slowed it down and took advantage of the Spartans having to pressure the ball to get 2 late goals to reach the final tally.

Tuesday

West Potomac - Woodson for Regional Championship

Robinson - West Springfield for a trip to the State 8.
8Meter

Post by 8Meter »

Here's the truth: Coach Blonde was released from Chantilly job because the players (Seniors, Juniors, Sophomores, and supported by graduates) went to the AD with a long list of items that were experienced collectively, individually, and historically, and that served to tear down the player's confidence, instill a negative team atmosphere, and destroyed the desire for players to return to the program and the sport of lacrosse - not the parents. This behavior started years ago and enough was enough. I think we would all agree that a coach's #1 job, from youth to pro level, is to foster a positive team atmosphere and build confidence in the players. This coach did the opposite of that, and after being confronted by the AD continued the negative behavior and even made retaliatory actions to the upper class-men that he thought to be responsible. There was also an apparent conflict of interest between the club team that he owned/coached and the high school team he coached.

The success that some on this forum are attributing to this coach during their tenure at Chantilly had little to do with the coach and everything to do with the girls that were on the roster. Those same girls attested to experiencing the same negative issues with this coach. Blonde fans/friends (Tact, UAO) might say that negative feedback is necessary to build a better player and a better team ("back in my day ..."), but positive feedback goes further - this is high school.

It was surprising to see this coach hired again in Fairfax County. I hope lessons have been learned and wish nothing but the best for the Herndon Girls Lacrosse Team.
[/quote]

You could've been talking about several teams with this synopsis. It wasn't just Chantilly. When you mentioned the blonde, at first I thought you may be talking about Robinson. They had a similar situation and same as Chantilly, Robinson was only successful based on the players they had. Some good players have been through the 'tilly program and the youth program is pretty stable. The players truly made the program at Chantilly and VC managed to come in at a time when the players carried them, regardless of the coaching style. As noted, when Dr T and UAO and the rest of their crew played girls lacrosse back in the day, apparently they were used to coaches who used verbal abuse as a motivational technique.....oh, never mind, they never played girls lacrosse. All the best to Herndon as they have some good lax players and more importantly, some good people who are moving the program in a positive direction, regardless of the coaching.

And as for the 'tilly coach being hired again in FCPS, nothing surprises me when it comes to hiring actions in FCPS.

Return to “HS GIRLS LACROSSE”