2019 Virginia Public GLAX

HS Girls Lacrosse
Dr. Tact

Re: 2019 Virginia Public GLAX

Post by Dr. Tact »

8Meter wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:05 pm
As noted, when Dr T and UAO and the rest of their crew played girls lacrosse back in the day, apparently they were used to coaches who used verbal abuse as a motivational technique.....oh, never mind, they never played girls lacrosse.
Well, now there are two of you. I don't know where you are getting this. I have not said that I support coaches who use verbal abuse....Are you suggesting that Coach Chen does that? If so, that is your accusation. I have zero knowledge about his coaching style. I really dont care...I dont support him, nor all of the baggage that appears to be out there. All I meant to say was that Herndon's W/L record is better than it was in previous years. That's it. Let UAO defend himself, but I have no interest in being drug into a Victor Chen discussion nor a discussion about coaching styles, assassinations or anything else having to do with Herndon or Chantilly.
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Defend the Bruin Parents Next...

Post by UnderArmourOdor »

truth wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:17 pm Tired of reading the character assassination of high school girls (Tact, UAO). You either want the truth of what happened or you want to make up fairy tales and blame the girls. Which one are you
I obviously hit a nerve with my character assassination of high school girls...wait what provoked the outpouring of truth wasn't about the girls...I guess the below did truthfully hit a little closer to the truth!!!!
UnderArmourOdor wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:22 am Good, I thought you were...let me put it in SOLese since it is testing season:
A) A bitter Chantilly Parent.*
B) A really bitter Chantilly Parent who wished it was still Blonde Ambition in charge.
C) A really, really bitter Chantilly Parent who hates the results Herndon has posted this year.
D) All of the above
Sorry I was wrong...but it did liven up the Forum!
To quote a 'lil Skynard diddy:
"Now Watergate does not bother me
Does your conscience bother you, tell the truth" Hahaha!

truth wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:17 pmThis is my last post.
Maybe that is the truth but IKFDI...haha!
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Three Times is Tough...

There was a battle of great coaching at "The Pat" last night as Coaches Lewis & Puhlick had the girls ready with enough tools to counter what they had seen from each other in the first two match-ups. Three-ref crew was a first of the year and an "A" team mix. Cavs got out to a 3-0 lead running and gunning but Sparty got the next three getting at the Cav D. It went back and forth all 1st Half as WS big guns ran a man-up to perfection scoring two to lead 6-5 and the upset alert spotlight was being uncovered. Cavs got last two but still a one-goal game 7-6 Cavs. Sparty tied it 7-7 and both teams were not allowing each other their favored offense. With the game in the balance both keepers made huge saves before Cavs got two up at 11-9. A YC on Sparty stopped the momentum and a man-up made it 12-9. The final goal was a three FPS effort with the final one had a taken shot that sealed it 13-9. Chick-fil-A in the house on the first warm game of the year for the Cavs but not close to those that played Monday.
VALaxer

Re: VA Class 6 State 8 are set

Post by VALaxer »

Congrats to tonight's winners and Regional Champions... Woodson, Langley and Colonial Forge.

Congrats to road warriors Yorktown and West Springfield for winning close games on the road to gain spots in states tonight.

Joining them will be Regional runner-ups.. West Potomac, Madison, and Cosby.
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Road Trip to West Po Goes Well...

Cavs made the drive over to meet the Wolves on their turf in Belle Haven. It was an intense first half as the Wolves are a team with good size particularly their dangerous midfield of Madden, Ellis and DeMaso. However, it was a Cav Defense that stood tall and a break-out effort by Sophomore keeper Gross who had 11 Saves on 17 shots. It was 7-3 to the visitors at the half in front of a raucous West Po faithful and a decent Woodson traveling crowd. Stephan looked back in dominant form with a lucky seven goals while Sophomore Attackers Brown & Alsup had 4 & 3 respectfully. Game ended 15 - 5 on a very sweaty evening. Snack bar was good but a stop at 5 Guys before hitting Route 1 was a bonus!
VALaxer

VA Class 6 State Quarterfinal match-ups

Post by VALaxer »

State Quarterfinal details coming in...

Both Yorktown and West Springfield will be making their first ever visit to States for GLAX.

Friday...

West Springfield - Langley (H) - 4 pm
James Madison - Woodson (H) - 7 pm :!: (tough QF draw for both squads)

Saturday...

Yorktown - Colonial Forge (H) tbd

:?:-- Cosby - West Potomac
UnderArmourOdor

Re: I'd love to hear about it...

Hey doc t did you have a chance to get by the Robo-Sparty game last night? Those are two teams that are really rebuilding an old rivalry.

Also so sorry you got caught in that Herndon-Chantilly tar baby [Moderator: UAO you can no longer use that term and instead please write out "a difficult problem which is only aggravated by attempts to solve it!"] Wait, my grandmother read me the Uncle Remus stories about Br'er Rabbit & Br'er Fox even Disney made it a movie. [Mod: Sorry UAO the easily offended rule! ]Roger let me try again, doc t I'm sorry you were tarred with the same brush as me [Mod: Now you are just provoking people...again!] Sorry, I will not again refer to the dark brown or black bituminous usually odorous viscous liquid obtained by destructive distillation of organic material such as wood, coal, or peat! Really without doc t doing 12 posts on the first page to get us going we wouldn't be on page 17 today with the one vibrant thread! I'll let it go as we shouldn't hire any coaches that yell and let's make it so touchy-feely we do away with those pesky Championships that make players sad. Hey lets all hold hands as lacrosse beginnings was to honor "The Creator" [Mod: UAO religion on the forum, you are dodging on even more slippery ground as dealing with the courts is far worse than entitled helicopter parents!] OK, OK let's take out the yelling and aggression and just get back to the games origin as "begadwe" which in the Mohawk language means "little brother of war"...wait that doesn't help...I've just gone off like an early Tartar missile!
UnderArmourOdor

Re: VA Class 6 State Quarterfinal match-ups

VALaxer wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:32 am State Quarterfinal details coming in...

Both Yorktown and West Springfield will be making their first ever visit to States for GLAX.

Friday...

Saturday...
VAL, Here is what I've heard to back up above:
West Springfield @ Langley 5/31 at 4pm (Not sure why as Langley guys long gone from playoffs?)
West Potomac @ Cosby 5/31 at 7pm
Yorktown @ Colonial Forge 6/1 at 3pm
Madison @ Woodson 5/31 at 7pm
Dr. Tact

Re: VA Class 6 State Quarterfinal match-ups

Post by Dr. Tact »

UnderArmourOdor wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:44 pm
VALaxer wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:32 am State Quarterfinal details coming in...

Friday...

Saturday...
VAL, Here is what I've heard to back up above:
West Springfield @ Langley 5/31 at 4pm (Not sure why as Langley guys long gone from playoffs?)
West Potomac @ Cosby 5/31 at 7pm
Yorktown @ Colonial Forge 6/1 at 3pm
Madison @ Woodson 5/31 at 7pm
I will change my name for a minute from Dr Tact to Captain Obvious....Woodson/Langley final....
glax

Post by glax »

Langley in finals for sure to play against winner of Woodson/Madison. Woodson/Madison rematch will come down to the draw again; I give the slight edge to Madison in this one riding their defense. Think this is the year that Langley finally gets their championship before what will likely be a string of championships when they move down to beat up on the 5A teams.
VALaxer

Post by VALaxer »

I think Woodson over Langley in the final, although a lot closer than last year. If my memory is correct, Woodson was leading at Langley when Stephan got hurt. Now that she is back near 100%, I like WTW on a neutral field. Both of their games today may end up being tougher than the semis, as I think Madison and West Springfield may be the 3rd and 4th best teams left (based on how they are playing right now), respectively, and got tough draws. I lean WestPo and Yorktown in the other two quarters, although I could see Colonial Forge getting by at home.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

VALaxer wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:26 am I think Woodson over Langley in the final
I agree with you. I think that if these teams were equal talent, coaching would make up my mind for Woodson.
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

glax wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 7:28 am Langley in finals for sure to play against winner of Woodson/Madison. Woodson/Madison rematch will come down to the draw again; I give the slight edge to Madison in this one riding their defense. Think this is the year that Langley finally gets their championship before what will likely be a string of championships when th :?: ey move down to beat up on the 5A teams.
I would not be too quick to assume this. I know a 5A coach that may want a chance at them. Look at the boys side where 5A and 4A are far stronger this year at the top. The 5A youth programs are also feeding talented teams.
shotclock

Post by shotclock »

Let's not count our chickens too early...anything can happen in the playoffs and the best Langley team needs to show up. That being said having watched these girls all year they are primed to bring home the trophy. The 4 headed monster on offense (Bean, Daly, Simonides and Chung) gives Langley more options than any team in the tournament. I think Langley can beat anyone as long as their Goal-tending and Defense hold up. You can be sure Mr. Lewis will have a scheme ready for Langley if they meet again. I bet our Saxons win the day in a close battle because our bench is deep and the weather is warm. Langley by 4
shotclock

Post by shotclock »

P.S. Langley has no control on what division they play in they can only play the games.
Triathlete

Post by Triathlete »

Did anyone see any of the girls all-region teams announced?
VALaxer

VA Class 6 State Quarterfinals results

Post by VALaxer »

First one in...

Langley (H) 16 - West Springfield 9
glax

Post by glax »

Woops...guess it wont be Woodson repeating.
VALaxer

Re: VA Class 6 State Quarterfinals results

Post by VALaxer »

VALaxer wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 6:04 pm First one in...

Langley (H) 16 - West Springfield 9
Congrats to Madison for what may be the most impressive win for any team so far this season, 18-12 at Woodson. Looks like this is the year they will take the next step and make it to the championship game.

In other scores, WestPo is up 15-8 over Cosby but in a rain delay with 12 mins or so left.

UDPATE: WestPo 22 - Cosby (H) 12. Final.

WestPo at Langley on Tuesday in 1 semi.
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Warhawks move on in States...

Madison cams off the bus firing and went up 2-0 before the Cavs tied it at 2. Hawks were up 5-3 when in two minutes it all went bad for the the Cavs. With seven minutes left the Hawks got 4 more making & taking with their prize recruit Condon winning all the draws and their Senior Attacker Choutka doing the scoring. The score forced the Cavs to make a quick goalie change as Madison's Hager was making saves. The half ended 11-6. At 13-8 Hawks went into a stall with 16 minutes left. Cavs scored at 14 left to get as close as they would at 13-9. Cavs had their chances but Hager made three big stops...and the Hawks scored the last five into an empty net as the Cavs pulled the goalie. Hawks kept shooting at goal giving the Cavs a chance but they couldn't beat Condon on the Draw and it ended with 5 empty netters while Cavs got three back 18-12. Stephan got six goals but Cvas didn't get enough groundballs to catch up. Chick-fil-A at "The Pat" on a night with a good crowd for both teams. 4 official supper crew let the girls play with only one YC with a minute to play. 7 Warhawk Seniors played better tonight and earned their way to the Semis but the 7 Cav Seniors had a decent run with 3 District Titles, 2 Region Banners, a State Runner-up & the State Crown.

Return to “HS GIRLS LACROSSE”