2019 Virginia Public GLAX

HS Girls Lacrosse
VirginiaTerp

Liberty District playoffs

Post by VirginiaTerp »

#3 Washington-Lee (H) over #6 South Lakes 11 to 7 - was 4-4 at the half

#4 Yorktown (H) over #5 McLean 14 to 10

Friday - Washington-Lee at #2 Herndon, Yorktown at #1 Langley

Langley, Herndon, Washington-Lee, and Yorktown qualify for Region 6D (Northern) tournament
VALaxer

Re: District Playoff time

Post by VALaxer »

VALaxer wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 12:52 am Patriot District-

5/8/19

1) Fairfax - West Springfield (H) Time TBA
2) Lake Braddock - South County (H) Time TBA

5/10/19

3) Game 1 winner vs Woodson (H) 7:30 p.m.
4) Game 2 winner vs Robinson (H) 5:30 p.m.

5/15/19

5) Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 4 @ higher seed
Results from last night:

West Springfield (H) 10 Fairfax 9
South County (H) over Lake Braddock

Friday-

West Springfield - Woodson (H)
South County - Robinson (H)
VALaxer

Re: All Conference

Post by VALaxer »

I have heard a rumor that (some) all conference teams are out, but I haven't seen any full lists. Does anyone have them :?:
VirginiaTerp

Friday Night Semis

Post by VirginiaTerp »

This evening’s games

Northern Region 6D

Liberty District
Yorktown at Langley
Washington-Lee at Herndon

Concorde District
Westfield at Oakton
Chantilly at Madison

Occoquan Region 6C

Patriot District
West Springfield at Woodson
South County at Robinson

I believe all of these teams have already earned spots in their respective Region tourneys

Any upsets tonight?
VALaxer

Re: 2019 Virginia Public GLAX

Post by VALaxer »

Results from this evening...

Langley over Yorktown
Herndon (H) 14 - W&L 11
VirginiaTerp

Friday Night Lightning (again) in Herndon

Post by VirginiaTerp »

First the snack bar ... sorry, no Chick-Fil-A, just $3 pizza slices and $1 soda/water along with assorted candy and chips.

7 pm scheduled start and it was a mix of sun and clouds, the sun shining on the Hornets goalie’s face most of the first half. It was a back and forth game early until the Generals got up 6-4, after which the Herndon coach called timeout. The Hornets went into bee sting attack mode after the break and scored eight straight goals to get up 12-6 (there was a WL timeout somewhere in there). It was 13-7 Hornets lead at halftime.

In the second half, Hornets tried to play “ball control,” which is against their nature, but each team only scored one in the first 10 minutes, so it was 14-8 with around 15 to play. Then the Generals started getting into their “run down the middle” mode, scoring 3 to get to within three, Hornets leading 14-11 before the refs called a weather timeout with 9:49 left in the game after a steak of lighting could be seen in the distance. Everyone was ordered off the field and into the school.

Then came the thunder and heavy rain. After about 45 minutes the game was called (not sure if VHSL rules were invoked as I don’t know what they are). Hornets was granted the win and the right to play at Langley next week for the Liberty District Tournament title.

I believe WL will get a 3 seed and Yorktown a 4 seed in the Northern Region tourney.
VirginiaTerp

Other Friday results

Post by VirginiaTerp »

Concorde District
- Oakton over Westfield 19-6
- Madison over Chantilly
**** Madison at Oakton next week in district title game

Patriot District
- Robinson over South County 13-10
- Woodson vs West Springfield result TBD
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Thunder Struck...

Post by UnderArmourOdor »

Well you could play the AC/DC classic at "The Pat" last night as the final 18+ minutes will be played tomorrow at 9AM. The game started slowly as the Cavs had two pipes and missed two FPS one saved & one wide. The Spartans had a Man-Up but K. Gross had a save and the Cavs killed the rest of it. The Cavs broke through after 10 minutes of the back and forth with a goal from new clutch mid Friedman scoring. The Cavs had five more different girls score and the biggest cheer (well from the home-side) was the return of Stephan, Woodson's talisman who had been out since clipped up at Langley during Spring Break, who scored the third. Sparty's Spark Plug Skahen got the visitors on the board with 7 minutes left in the half. The best goal of the half was a 40 yard sprint by Stephan including two dodges and a spin move to score with 13 seconds left to make it 7-1 at the half. Cavs got two more before the first sign of lightening and the postponement after almost an hour wait. Snack Bar sold out of Chick-fil-A at halftime. Girls were so excited to get the 9AM time with so many nail and hair appointments for Prom tonight. Both teams had some illness...Cavs during the week and Sparty's Terapane who had to ride from the field with the trainer up to the school to get out of the weather. To Be Continued...
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Friday Night Lightning (again) in Herndon

VirginiaTerp wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:50 pm Then came the thunder and heavy rain. After about 45 minutes the game was called (not sure if VHSL rules were invoked as I don’t know what they are). Hornets was granted the win and the right to play at Langley next week for the Liberty District Tournament title.
It was explained to us that you have to have played 80% of the games (40 minutes) so getting inside 10 minutes was enough for the Hornets.
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Taking Their Time...

VALaxer wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:17 am I have heard a rumor that (some) all conference teams are out, but I haven't seen any full lists. Does anyone have them :?:
The Patriot's is out but some coaches have held the results for a week! I have seen Woodson's on social media but I'll hold those results until other teams catch up!
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Saturday Morning Finish...

UnderArmourOdor wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:14 am To Be Continued...
Sparty came out ready to play winning the first three DCs and got goals from Skahan & Buckner. The comeback was derailed by a West Spring YC that got the Cavs on the board with a Man-up tally by Friedman who started the scoring yesterday with 14 left. Cavs got another from their Captain Kruse before it was over after a second card to Skahan. Spartans Terapane looked better today and scored a pretty goal so both teams O's looked complete with Stephan having already scored a hat-trick last evening. YC to Cavs Alsup on the ride put them down inside of the last two minutes. Lost a college qualified official off the A-Team from last night but gained the Head of Officials so it was called well from start to finish. A Man-down goal by Kruse ended it 12-4 and it was on to hair, nails & Prom photos for the Cavs...they were the tannest team on the field as spray tans had already been applied. Both teams play on...Cavs host Robo Wednesday while Sparty awaits the Regionals. Snack Bar didn't reopen for the last 18 minutes...disappointing some in the crowd who were in dire need of coffee!
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Trading Classes....

At the Duke Mansion that sits on top of the deserted underground Nike Missile site that has been converted to the Laxons out of season training facility:
Randolph Duke: Winning isn't everything, Mortimer.
Mortimer Duke: Oh, grow up.
Randolph Duke: Mother always said you were greedy to win.
Mortimer Duke: She meant it as a compliment.
Randolph Duke: So you have a new plan?
Mortimer Duke: I’ve had the smoking man at the CIA get me a copy of the Region Alignment Document before its release.
Randolph Duke: I’ll bet you a dollar you have influenced the regions.
Mortimer Duke: Next year Randolph, just wait to next year!

Initial Region Alignment Plan, 2019-20 through 2022-23
Changes Bolded
Class 6 – 53 Schools
Region A (14)
6A East: Grassfield, Kellam, Landstown, Ocean Lakes, Oscar Smith, Tallwood, Western Branch
6A West: Colonial Forge, Cosby, Dale, Franklin County, James River, Massaponax, Riverbend
Region B (13) Battlefield, Champe, Colgan, Forest Park, Freedom (PW), Gar-Field, Hylton, Stonewall Jackson, Osbourn, Osbourn Park, Patriot, Potomac Sr., Woodbridge,
Region C (14) Annandale, Edison, Fairfax, Falls Church, Hayfield, Justice, Lake Braddock, Robinson, Mount Vernon, South County, West Potomac, West Springfield, TC Williams, Woodson,
Region D (12) Centreville, Chantilly, Herndon, Madison, Marshall, McLean, Oakton, South Lakes, Wakefield, Washington-Lee, Westfield, Yorktown

Class 5 – 53 Schools
Region A (18) Bayside,
Bethel, Cox, Deep Creek, First Colonial, Gloucester, Granby, Green Run, Hickory, Indian River, Kecoughtan, Kempsville, Maury, Nansemond River, Norview, Princess Anne, Salem, Woodside
Region B (17) Atlee, Bird, Clover Hill, Deep Run, Freeman, Glen Allen, Godwin, Henrico, Hermitage, Highland Springs, Manchester, Matoaca, Meadowbrook, Midlothian, Prince George, Tucker, Varina
Region C (10) Briar Woods, Broad Run, Freedom (LC), Jefferson (S/T), Langley, Lee, Potomac Falls, Riverside, Stone Bridge, Woodgrove
Region D (8) Albemarle, Brooke Point, Fleming, Harrisonburg, Patrick Henry – R, Mountain View, North Stafford, Stafford
Dr. Tact

Re: Trading Classes....

Post by Dr. Tact »

UnderArmourOdor wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:03 am At the Duke Mansion that sits on top of the deserted underground Nike Missile site that has been converted to the Laxons out of season training facility:
Randolph Duke: Winning isn't everything, Mortimer.
Mortimer Duke: Oh, grow up.
Randolph Duke: Mother always said you were greedy to win.
Mortimer Duke: She meant it as a compliment.
Randolph Duke: So you have a new plan?
Mortimer Duke: I’ve had the smoking man at the CIA get me a copy of the Region Alignment Document before its release.
Randolph Duke: I’ll bet you a dollar you have influenced the regions.
Mortimer Duke: Next year Randolph, just wait to next year!

Initial Region Alignment Plan, 2019-20 through 2022-23
Changes Bolded
Class 6 – 53 Schools
Region A (14)
6A East: Grassfield, Kellam, Landstown, Ocean Lakes, Oscar Smith, Tallwood, Western Branch
6A West: Colonial Forge, Cosby, Dale, Franklin County, James River, Massaponax, Riverbend
Region B (13) Battlefield, Champe, Colgan, Forest Park, Freedom (PW), Gar-Field, Hylton, Stonewall Jackson, Osbourn, Osbourn Park, Patriot, Potomac Sr., Woodbridge,
Region C (14) Annandale, Edison, Fairfax, Falls Church, Hayfield, Justice, Lake Braddock, Robinson, Mount Vernon, South County, West Potomac, West Springfield, TC Williams, Woodson,
Region D (12) Centreville, Chantilly, Herndon, Madison, Marshall, McLean, Oakton, South Lakes, Wakefield, Washington-Lee, Westfield, Yorktown

Class 5 – 53 Schools
Region A (18) Bayside,
Bethel, Cox, Deep Creek, First Colonial, Gloucester, Granby, Green Run, Hickory, Indian River, Kecoughtan, Kempsville, Maury, Nansemond River, Norview, Princess Anne, Salem, Woodside
Region B (17) Atlee, Bird, Clover Hill, Deep Run, Freeman, Glen Allen, Godwin, Henrico, Hermitage, Highland Springs, Manchester, Matoaca, Meadowbrook, Midlothian, Prince George, Tucker, Varina
Region C (10) Briar Woods, Broad Run, Freedom (LC), Jefferson (S/T), Langley, Lee, Potomac Falls, Riverside, Stone Bridge, Woodgrove
Region D (8) Albemarle, Brooke Point, Fleming, Harrisonburg, Patrick Henry – R, Mountain View, North Stafford, Stafford
Speakling of the Laxons....maybe my eyes are not working this morning...where is Langley? Class 5? Huh? Might as well hand them the trophies right now....
UnderArmourOdor

Re: doc t Glad your back from Princeton...

Thanks for the comment...if I had posted six in a row FL gives you week long posting timeout! I always hated playing in Class of 1952 Stadium too much..."Tell me old man isn't the University of Virginia just a public school? Lovey, have Jeeves set up the tent as the Bentley doesn't have a tailgate! You know, we found the greatest things in Buenos Aires on our last trip to our villa...a superb vintage of Malbec, Buffy's darling leather pants, and a stable full of new polo ponies to send to the country house!" I kid...note the humor font! I was heading somewhere but got sidetracked...probably about the big game at "The Pat" on Wednesday Night.
Dr. Tact

Re: doc t Glad your back from Princeton...

Post by Dr. Tact »

UnderArmourOdor wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:46 pm Thanks for the comment...if I had posted six in a row FL gives you week long posting timeout! I always hated playing in Class of 1952 Stadium too much..."Tell me old man isn't the University of Virginia just a public school? Lovey, have Jeeves set up the tent as the Bentley doesn't have a tailgate! You know, we found the greatest things in Buenos Aires on our last trip to our villa...a superb vintage of Malbec, Buffy's darling leather pants, and a stable full of new polo ponies to send to the country house!" I kid...note the humor font! I was heading somewhere but got sidetracked...probably about the big game at "The Pat" on Wednesday Night.
I actually experienced some of that yesterday...it was the old man decked out in his orange garb (I like Orange)...he wanted to know all about where our fair young ladies were from and what pub-lick high schools they went to.... :o I know you think I am kidding, but it really happened.

Friggin coldest day ever...44 degrees and sideways rain. Hated it and then I had to drive 3.5 hours home....that sucked.....Tigers were the better team and I'd say something about not waiting until a certain young lady Tiger scores 6 (!) goals before doing something about it, but that would just be petty....[sarcastica font, right?]

BTW, up until yesterday, D loved her some '52 (9 in 2 games), but like everything in life, karma (?), the law of averages, or standing on the sideline caught up with her and gave her a big zero...
Dr. Tact

Re: Taking Their Time...

Post by Dr. Tact »

UnderArmourOdor wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:03 am
VALaxer wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:17 am I have heard a rumor that (some) all conference teams are out, but I haven't seen any full lists. Does anyone have them :?:
The Patriot's is out but some coaches have held the results for a week! I have seen Woodson's on social media but I'll hold those results until other teams catch up!
I've heard whispers....but you should be the Man who broadcasts with Full Voice.
Last edited by Dr. Tact on Mon May 13, 2019 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Tact

Re: 2019 Virginia Public GLAX

Post by Dr. Tact »

UnderArmourOdor wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:46 pm if I had posted six in a row FL gives you week long posting timeout!
Three in a row...
VirginiaTerp

Liberty District title game this evening

Post by VirginiaTerp »

Herndon at Langley 7 pm.

Will Chick-fil-A be sold?
VALaxer

Re: Liberty District title game this evening

Post by VALaxer »

VirginiaTerp wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:12 pm Herndon at Langley 7 pm.

Langley defeated Herndon tonight. No report yet on final score or snack bar....
VirginiaTerp

Re: Liberty District title game this evening

Post by VirginiaTerp »

VALaxer wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:07 pm
VirginiaTerp wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:12 pm Herndon at Langley 7 pm.

Langley defeated Herndon tonight. No report yet on final score or snack bar....
Laxons 17 Hornets 6 - It was almost a game, then it wasn’t. Herndon came to play trying ball control and got up 3-1 in the six or seven minutes. Then after a Langley timeout, it was all Laxons with seven straight goals to get up 8-3 before trading goals to get to 9-4 with a less than 15 seconds left in the first half. An untimely Herndon turnover resulted in yet another Laxons goal with four seconds left. First half ended 10-4 Langley. Second half was the same with Langley getting up 16-4 before subbing their goalie and most of their players with around 8 minutes left in the game, though their big three Bean, Chung, and Simonides stayed in for the duration. Maybe because Hornets kept their starters in virtually the whole game and Laxons wanted to to keep the running clock. Hornets got two goals vs the Langley subs to make it 16-6. Then the Laxon held the ball for most of the last two minutes before scoring with no time left. Final 17-6. The only positive for Herndon was their goalie, who had around 18 saves. Langley dominated the draw circle yet again, winning around 75-80% of the draws and got inside the Hornets defenders all night long with 40+ shots.

Langley gets a first round bye in the Northern Region (6D) tourney. Herndon get a 2nd seed and hosts a game Friday; opponent TBD.
Last edited by VirginiaTerp on Tue May 14, 2019 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “HS GIRLS LACROSSE”