Fall Ball

D2 Womens Lacrosse
Bart

Fall Ball

Post by Bart »

Red? Anyone else? Any signs of life as fall ball is going on.

Have seen a couple of PSAC teams and play was what you expected. Have not seen much else.
RedFromMI

Re: Fall Ball

Post by RedFromMI »

Sorry - not paying attention here.

Limestone had a fall scrimmage with several teams here on Saturday - I saw a bit of it. Stone played Lee, and then later Lenoir-Rhyne. Not entirely sure who else was there, but I know Limestone had one other game I could not stay for...

First one up for Limestone was Lee, and Lee did better than I expected. Lots of tweaking was going on for the Saints with positions. Huge issue for them (Stone) is dealing with replacement of Courtney Lafler, who nearly broke the D2 record for goals scored in a single season. If the Saints had got into the postseason, she had a definite chance at the record...

Saints looked better against L-R (maybe because it was a future conference rival as Saints transition into the SAC next summer). But still early fall season, and a lot of work to be done...
Bart

Post by Bart »

Interesting regarding Lee doing better than you thought. They are a very young program and do play some fairly tough teams. Good for them.

I would think Limestone will adjust, they always seem to. Lafler was a area kid who I saw in HS. She certainly did well there.
peanutgallery

Post by peanutgallery »

In my experience Fall Ball is mostly meaningless.

You have some coaches just letting individuals play to see how individuals and groups interact with one another.

You have other coaches going all out to win.

As a spectator one just gets a sense of which freshman will immediately contribute and which sophomores / juniors invested the time over the summer to step up their game.

Return to “D2 WOMENS LACROSSE”