Big games of the week - 4/8/19 to 4/14/19

D2 Womens Lacrosse
RedFromMI

Big games of the week - 4/8/19 to 4/14/19

Post by RedFromMI »

Tuesday April 9

Florida Southern (#8) @ Saint Leo (#21) --- Leo is not getting much love in the coach's poll, but is 13-0. The Mocs, on the other hand have lost to Adelphi out of region and to Tampa who is on top of the SSC with Leo. We shall see if Leo is underrated here...
This one was not close - 15-6...Saint Leo takes their first loss, and probably a chance to move up bigly in the rankings...

Wednesday April 10

Bentley (#19T) @ Adelphi (#3) --- Can Bentley move up? will have effect on maneuvering for East region...
No upset here - Panthers by 5
Seton Hill @ Mercyhurst (#25) --- big battle in the PSAC, will have implications for Atlantic region
Mercyhurst 13-10 winners
Tampa (#6) @ Rollins (#2) --- Tampa is one of two teams (also Leo) unbeaten in the SSC. Rollins has a loss, but is higher ranked. Great game of top ten teams...
Rollins wins now twice against Tampa, this time with a strong 18-10 margin
Pace (#16) @ Stonehill (RV=receiving votes) --- another critical NE10/East region game...
OT squeaker for the Setters...

Friday April 12

Queens (#14) @ Limestone (#11) --- winner here in the driver's seat for the last spot in the South region, as it looks like there may be 3 teams from Sunshine State...
Royals never trailed and win this one by 3 - putting them in good position for one of the four spots in the South region...

Saturday April 13

Stonehill (RV) @ Adelphi (#3) --- even steeper clime for Stonehill after Wednesday...
NYIT (#24) @ LIU Post (#5) --- Big ECC/East matchup
Le Moyne (#1) @ Merrimack (#18) --- Chance for Mack to dethrone #1, big NE10/East region matchup
Bentley (#19T) @ Pace (#16) --- another big one in the NE10
Rollins (#2) @ Saint Leo (#21) --- big week for SSC, implications for South region...

Sunday April 15

Regis (#10/CO) @ Lindenwood (#4) --- RMAC seed should be decided here, as well as positioning for #1 Midwest seed for the NCAAs...
Last edited by RedFromMI on Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peanutgallery

Re: Big games of the week - 4/8/19 to 4/14/19

Post by peanutgallery »

RedFromMI wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:21 pm Tuesday April 9

Florida Southern (#8) @ Saint Leo (#21) --- Leo is not getting much love in the coach's poll, but is 13-0. The Mocs, on the other hand have lost to Adelphi out of region and to Tampa who is on top of the SSC with Leo. We shall see if Leo is underrated here...
This one was not close - 15-6...Saint Leo takes their first loss, and probably a chance to move up bigly in the rankings...
I think it was fairly obvious based upon common opponents that St. Leo was fairly ranked in the IWLCA poll but over ranked in the computer models. They have two more shots left with Tampa and Rollins on tap..but I don't see it.

Wednesday April 10

Bentley (#19T) @ Adelphi (#3) --- Can Bentley move up? will have effect on maneuvering for East region...
Appears not. Same familiar faces
Seton Hill @ Mercyhurst (#25) --- big battle in the PSAC, will have implications for Atlantic region Similar story..but Seton Hill has shown tremendous improvement
Tampa (#6) @ Rollins (#2) --- Tampa is one of two teams (also Leo) unbeaten in the SSC. Rollins has a loss, but is higher ranked. Great game of top ten teams... Depends upon how SSC seeds the tournament, but would expect that goal differential would be the metric (can't find anything that documents the methodology) -- so Rollins gets the nod
Pace (#16) @ Stonehill (RV=receiving votes) --- another critical NE10/East region game... Squeaker but Pace prevails

Friday April 12

Queens (#14) @ Limestone (#11) --- winner here in the driver's seat for the last spot in the South region, as it looks like there may be 3 teams from Sunshine State... ...And Queens gets the final spot in the South? Limestone still has the Tournament to avenge the loss but given their body of work, I would still choose Queens. Watching the play of Limestone and Queens, I am surprised at the models underweighting Queens for so long. They are a solid team.

...It seems surprising but are most of the tournament selections locked up?

Saturday April 13

Stonehill (RV) @ Adelphi (#3) --- even steeper clime for Stonehill after Wednesday...
Le Moyne (#1) @ Merrimack (#18) --- Chance for Mack to dethrone #1, big NE10/East region matchup
Rollins (#2) @ Saint Leo (#21) --- big week for SSC, implications for South region...

Sunday April 15

Regis (#10/CO) @ Lindenwood (#4) --- RMAC seed should be decided here, as well as positioning for #1 Midwest seed for the NCAAs...
RedFromMI

Re: Big games of the week - 4/8/19 to 4/14/19

Post by RedFromMI »

peanutgallery wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:29 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:21 pm Tuesday April 9

I think it was fairly obvious based upon common opponents that St. Leo was fairly ranked in the IWLCA poll but over ranked in the computer models. They have two more shots left with Tampa and Rollins on tap..but I don't see it.
My KRACH basically is a rating of what a team has "earned" at any point in the season, and Leo had not yet really hit the tough games in the SSC. We shall see if they tank or not...

Wednesday April 10

Appears not. Same familiar faces
Seton Hill @ Mercyhurst (#25) --- big battle in the PSAC, will have implications for Atlantic region Similar story..but Seton Hill has shown tremendous improvement
Tampa (#6) @ Rollins (#2) --- Tampa is one of two teams (also Leo) unbeaten in the SSC. Rollins has a loss, but is higher ranked. Great game of top ten teams... Depends upon how SSC seeds the tournament, but would expect that goal differential would be the metric (can't find anything that documents the methodology) -- so Rollins gets the nod
Pace (#16) @ Stonehill (RV=receiving votes) --- another critical NE10/East region game... Squeaker but Pace prevails

Friday April 12

Queens (#14) @ Limestone (#11) --- winner here in the driver's seat for the last spot in the South region, as it looks like there may be 3 teams from Sunshine State... ...And Queens gets the final spot in the South? Limestone still has the Tournament to avenge the loss but given their body of work, I would still choose Queens. Watching the play of Limestone and Queens, I am surprised at the models underweighting Queens for so long. They are a solid team.
I had Queens just behind Stone - and after today I expect they will pass them...

...It seems surprising but are most of the tournament selections locked up?
Most but not all - you still have some critical conference games, especially in the North, and then there are conference tourneys...

Saturday April 13

Sunday April 15

Return to “D2 WOMENS LACROSSE”