RunRussellRun - 1 Minute (2 Day) Penalty x2

The forum rules are little different than lacrosse rules. You can read more within this forum. If you are assessed a penalty, this is the only forum you can post within.
MDlaxfan76

Re: RunRussellRun - 1 Minute (2 Day) Penalty x2

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:40 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:16 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:39 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:22 am We really do need more lax contributors, the more the better! We have lots of readers, but not as much contribution. I'm hoping that with a full season ahead, folks will rediscover the forum and begin to have something to say, report on their teams, kids' teams etc...and that will attract more still.
I have noticed way too often over the past few years that new contributors to the D1 Women's Lacrosse board don't stay long if their initial few posts aren't welcomed. Frequently a new member/contributor is greeted with criticism and sarcasm if a select few long time members don't approve of their perspective. I've seen posts from new members/contributors ridiculed and shamed too often and then they aren't heard from again. Some even have been called names. Honestly, the maturity level of some of the mainstay members is grade school at best. As long as you have that "welcoming committee" entrenched in the D1WL boards, adding lax contributors will require running that gauntlet first, with some concluding that the abuse isn't worth the participation.
I’m not a very frequent contributor on the women’s side, just don’t have nearly as much knowledge or expertise or news to share.

However, I think what you may be referring to is a tendency by very knowledgeable posters to be impatient with those who are more ‘fans’ than participants. We see that on the men’s side as well.

Some fans get overly effusive, at least from the perspective of more knowledgeable posters.

And some ‘fans’ quite stupidly troll other schools threads, either to incite a battle or to spout off about their school. And I mean really ignorant at times.

Case in point is the gator troll who introduced himself to the forum by posting on the Hopkins thread as if he was a Loyola lacrosse fan. His claims and attacks were obviously poorly informed, much less offensive, to the more knowledgeable posters from both schools. Turned out that the gator never played lax, didn’t have any family members who played or are playing, didn’t even go to Loyola. Yet he trolled away. He’s since taken that act to the Politics thread, where that behavior as had him put in the box quite a lot.

Back to the welcome, I think it’s important to actually be welcoming to new posters who are trying to constructively contribute. And also important to cut each other a bit of slack as we get to ‘know’ one another. Try not to hold a grudge so strongly that there’s no room for redemption.

However, beware the trolls who create a new name and pretend to be new. Not cool.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I couldn’t post an example of arrogance any better than what MD has done above. Too perfect! (The lacrosse ‘I am god’ sentence, is a metaphor for how MD sees himself about everything, regardless of how insanely incorrect he is on everything… :lol: he’s the Jen Rubin of Fanlax).

Many people here, outtanowherewregget, have called out MD for his remarkable arrogance. Its a bit of a running dialogue. It’s simply amazing to see it continue without a shred of hesitation, even after being shown the way back to zero.

In any event, two of the more egregious examples of actual trolling and the reasons the politics thread is so idiotic, with the same ten people talking with each other about how this or that leftist policy works, are Kismet and MD, who have replied to you here. Coincidental? No, it’s CYA.

You ought notice that yesterday, you said Kismet was guilty of trolling. He was. Regrettably for this forum, no reasonable person runs to the Admin to complain, which naturally the other side does almost hourly (it’s highly likely this is my last post, as both MD and Kismet and all the other leftist losers will send their emails as soon as they read this).

Yet Kismet never removed his post, which clearly is a nothing additive post. joe Mauer should have told kismet to go stick it. In the real world, he would.

In any event, don’t listen to to anyone here including me about what to do or what to look for. Make up your own mind.

And do not, above anything else, move to Florida if you are a liberal. Thanks.

:lol:
Typical.
Any non troll would recognize that I was explicitly saying I was obviously not one of those "knowledgeable" "welcoming committee" posters on the women's side. I don't post much there as I don't have much to contribute, knowledgeably. Outta knows that and definitely wasn't referring to me.

And here's the thing, you know that too...yet you take what I said and claim I said the exact opposite.

It's the typical dishonest behavior of a troll, and I'll call it out directly as such.

I do hope you leave forever. You almost never add anything of substance and even when you do, you pepper it with extreme statements designed to be offensive.

When you're in the box, the conversation continues quite well without you, with perspectives from both sides of the political spectrum, but with far less vitriol from anyone.

Doesn't mean that tempers don't flare, but most of the time that wanes quickly and the conversation is actually constructive and informative.

Don't like the conversation? Leave...please.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:53 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:22 am We really do need more lax contributors, the more the better! We have lots of readers, but not as much contribution. I'm hoping that with a full season ahead, folks will rediscover the forum and begin to have something to say, report on their teams, kids' teams etc...and that will attract more still.
I have noticed way too often over the past few years that new contributors to the D1 Women's Lacrosse board don't stay long if their initial few posts aren't welcomed. Frequently a new member/contributor is greeted with criticism and sarcasm if a select few long time members don't approve of their perspective. I've seen posts from new members/contributors ridiculed and shamed too often and then they aren't heard from again. Some even have been called names. Honestly, the maturity level of some of the mainstay members is grade school at best. As long as you have that "welcoming committee" entrenched in the D1WL boards, adding lax contributors will require running that gauntlet first, with some concluding that the abuse isn't worth the participation.
I’m not a very frequent contributor on the women’s side, just don’t have nearly as much knowledge or expertise or news to share.

However, I think what you may be referring to is a tendency by very knowledgeable posters to be impatient with those who are more ‘fans’ than participants. We see that on the men’s side as well.

Some fans get overly effusive, at least from the perspective of more knowledgeable posters.

And some ‘fans’ quite stupidly troll other schools threads, either to incite a battle or to spout off about their school. And I mean really ignorant at times.

Case in point is the gator troll who introduced himself to the forum by posting on the Hopkins thread as if he was a Loyola lacrosse fan. His claims and attacks were obviously poorly informed, much less offensive, to the more knowledgeable posters from both schools. Turned out that the gator never played lax, didn’t have any family members who played or are playing, didn’t even go to Loyola. Yet he trolled away. He’s since taken that act to the Politics thread, where that behavior as had him put in the box quite a lot.

Back to the welcome, I think it’s important to actually be welcoming to new posters who are trying to constructively contribute. And also important to cut each other a bit of slack as we get to ‘know’ one another. Try not to hold a grudge so strongly that there’s no room for redemption.

However, beware the trolls who create a new name and pretend to be new. Not cool.

I couldn’t post an example of arrogance any better than what MD has done above. Too perfect! (The lacrosse ‘I am god’ sentence, is a metaphor for how MD sees himself about everything, regardless of how insanely incorrect he is on everything… :lol: he’s the Jen Rubin of Fanlax).

Many people here, outtanowherewregget, have called out MD for his remarkable arrogance. Its a bit of a running dialogue. It’s simply amazing to see it continue without a shred of hesitation, even after being shown the way back to zero.

In any event, two of the more egregious examples of actual trolling and the reasons the politics thread is so idiotic, with the same ten people talking with each other about how this or that leftist policy works, are Kismet and MD, who have replied to you here. Coincidental? No, it’s CYA.

You ought notice that yesterday, you said Kismet was guilty of trolling. He was. Regrettably for this forum, no reasonable person runs to the Admin to complain, which naturally the other side does almost hourly (it’s highly likely this is my last post, as both MD and Kismet and all the other leftist losers will send their emails as soon as they read this).

Yet Kismet never removed his post, which clearly is a nothing additive post. joe Mauer should have told kismet to go stick it. In the real world, he would.

In any event, don’t listen to to anyone here including me about what to do or what to look for. Make up your own mind.

Typical.
Any non troll would recognize that I was explicitly saying I was obviously not one of those "knowledgeable" "welcoming committee" posters on the women's side. I don't post much there as I don't have much to contribute, knowledgeably. Outta knows that and definitely wasn't referring to me.

And here's the thing, you know that too...yet you take what I said and claim I said the exact opposite.

It's the typical dishonest behavior of a troll, and I'll call it out directly as such.

I do hope you leave forever. You almost never add anything of substance and even when you do, you pepper it with extreme statements designed to be offensive.

When you're in the box, the conversation continues quite well without you, with perspectives from both sides of the political spectrum, but with far less vitriol from anyone.

Doesn't mean that tempers don't flare, but most of the time that wanes quickly and the conversation is actually constructive and informative.

I’ll make you an offer, MD.

If you write the following post on this thread, “I, MDLaxfan76 of Fanlax, being of sound mind and body, willfully and voluntarily make this declaration. This declaration reflects my firm and settled commitment that I know absolutely nothing, yet have exhibited remarkable arrogance in the face of knowing nothing, and I consistently narc to forum moderators when my beliefs have been challenged, as I am of unresolved deep rooted weak insecurities.”, I will refrain from posting ever more.

:lol: :lol:

Or, you can get others to get my account suspended, which is far more likely.

Vous n'avez pas le droit de me tutoyer!!!

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:56 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:53 am

Typical.

I’ll make you an offer, MD.

If you write the following post on this thread, “I, MDLaxfan76 of Fanlax, being of sound mind and body, willfully and voluntarily make this declaration. This declaration reflects my firm and settled commitment that I know absolutely nothing, yet have exhibited remarkable arrogance in the face of knowing nothing, and I consistently narc to forum moderators when my beliefs have been challenged, as I am of unresolved deep rooted weak insecurities.”, I will refrain from posting ever more.

:lol: :lol:

Or, you can get others to get my account suspended, which is far more likely.

Vous n'avez pas le droit de me tutoyer!!!

Consider me absolutely willing to make that nonsense statement in order to rid us all of your trolling. Go back to your gator swamp and roll around in the mud all you want.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:11 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:22 am May I ask—why did you swear off baseball?
I was sick of Yankees vs Red Sox being shoved down the nation’s throat. When the first game of the opening day season anout 12 years ago was Yankees vs. Red Sox, that was it…..Cincinnati Reds had always played the first game, up until that point. That was it. I was like Costanza’s dad at that moment… “That’s it!!….I have had enough!!”
How long had you been watching baseball and the ancient Cincinnati Reds? I never realized they were such an old franchise.

"Originally called the Resolute Base Ball Club of Cincinnati, the name was soon changed to the Cincinnati Base Ball Club, an amateur team formed by lawyers* that gradually added professionals. The team became known as the Cincinnati Red Stockings due to its wearing knickers rather than the traditional trousers, with red knee socks- a costume condemned as "immoral" by the more prudish. It became baseball's first openly all-professional team when it became fully professional in 1869."

--Wikipedia entry

*😂

(laughing with tears emoji insertion mine)
OuttaNowhereWregget

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:23 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:20 am
Kismet wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:48 am Thanks for the clarification by the always right tough guy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is a clear case of taunting, goading and personal attack. These are the kinds of comments that enflame hard feelings and resentment and all kinds of nasty rejoinders. These are the kinds of comments that should be penalized so as to nip flare ups in the bud.
hmmm, did you read what he was responding to?

I did indeed, and I felt he was making group attacks, not personal ones. Kismet took it from general to personal.

There's quite a bit of history being referenced in that, which drew that response.

I'm sure you're right. It's remarkable how relationships are created here on these boards, whether friendly or adversarial, just through the written word. Our personalities are clearly revealed more and more with each word typed and each post posted; all the talents and gifts as well as flaws and faults that we all possess on display. Kind of fascinating when you think about it.

my advice to myself, and to others, is to not make personal attacks on the Admin, his motivations, any presumed bias, etc. Seems like a bad idea! That said, I don't expect perfection from anyone, we all bring our own lens to anything...but for my nickel, the Admin has been even handed and consistent in enforcement...if someone sees a transgression, they should flag to the Admin, not expecting the Admin to act otherwise. He may or may not agree, like in any sport that's up to the ref, but politely pointing out a transgression is simply helpful...but don't complain later if you don't ask for the flag directly and he misses it.

Well said. Hearty concurring applause.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:46 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:11 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:22 am May I ask—why did you swear off baseball?
I was sick of Yankees vs Red Sox being shoved down the nation’s throat. When the first game of the opening day season anout 12 years ago was Yankees vs. Red Sox, that was it…..Cincinnati Reds had always played the first game, up until that point. That was it. I was like Costanza’s dad at that moment… “That’s it!!….I have had enough!!”
How long had you been watching baseball and the ancient Cincinnati Reds? I never realized they were such an old franchise.

"Originally called the Resolute Base Ball Club of Cincinnati, the name was soon changed to the Cincinnati Base Ball Club, an amateur team formed by lawyers* that gradually added professionals. The team became known as the Cincinnati Red Stockings due to its wearing knickers rather than the traditional trousers, with red knee socks- a costume condemned as "immoral" by the more prudish. It became baseball's first openly all-professional team when it became fully professional in 1869."

--Wikipedia entry

*😂

(laughing with tears emoji insertion mine)
From the region. My first baseball game was watching the Big Red Machine vs. Atlanta Braves with Henry Hank Aaron. We were so high up I thought I was going to fall down the steep steps.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
OuttaNowhereWregget

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:16 am Try not to hold a grudge so strongly that there’s no room for redemption.
Excellent thing to aim at.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

DMac wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:39 am This is a bad and extremely harsh call on rrr, admin.
Officials do replays/reviews to see if they got it right, you might want to do
that here.
and all this time, we have been told, questioning a "decision" is grounds for a penalty. Thank goodness you are in the "protected class", DMAC. :lol:

Penalty enforcement and rules applications remain consistent. carry on.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
DMac

Post by DMac »

Right, I'm in the protected class like you are.
Another thing we have in common. ;)

Return to “FANLAX RULES AND PENALTY BOX”