Games Televised and Webcasted 2019

D1 Womens Lacrosse
seacoaster

Games Televised and Webcasted 2019

Post by seacoaster »

Maybe we can park notices of good games televised and webcasted in this thread for the 2019 season??

Today 3/1/2019:

USC v. BC 3:00 pm ACC Network

William & Mary v. Duke 4:00 ACC Network

Tomorrow 3/2/2019

Northwestern v. UNC 12:30 ACC Network

UVA v. Syracuse 4:00 ACC Network
wlaxnut

Re: Games Televised and Webcasted 2019

Post by wlaxnut »

Great Idea! Here’s a helpful little website to go along with that. They update the listings all through the season and list both televised and webcast games. Comes in very handy for us lacrosse aficionados.

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/media/tv-listings
Badlands

Post by Badlands »

WM/Duke no longer being televised. 12-2 Duke at half.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Patriot League Network has a couple of good games on Saturday, March 2nd. At 11am they have an interesting matchup between two ranked opponents—Florida at Navy. At noon, two more ranked opponents square off when Penn State visits Loyola. The good thing about the PLN is that you can always watch the replay if you can’t see it live—and they generally produce pretty good broadcasts, even though the camerawork can be erratic sometimes.

While I’m on the topic, bad camerawork can really ruin a lacrosse game. Some games with untrained/unseasoned people working the cameras are so bad they are unwatchable unless it’s one of those games you just have to see. That’s one area where women’s lacrosse can really improve. When the games are televised on BTN network, ESPNU, CBS Sports network, etc. – they are professional quality. But many of the second-tier or team sponsored streams can be brutal.

In any event, it is a good thing to see so many more games streamed this year. There really is a dramatic increase from last season. I am sure camerawork will get better with time. And for now it means more exposure for women’s college lacrosse.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Running time in the UNC-NU game with over 7:00 to go in the first. Thud.

18-6 with 11:30 to go. Northwestern really has no plan, that I can see anyway, when it is on offense. Players try a 1v1 and then dish off som someone else can try a 1v1, maybe with a pick, maybe not. These two teams are in different leagues, so to speak.

21-11 final.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Agreed. I don’t know how a team like Northwestern with their talent and their coach can look so clueless on offense. Some of the shots Lasota took – I don’t know what she was thinking.
wlaxnut

Maryland vs Syracuse next Saturday—No TV?

Post by wlaxnut »

Next Saturday in Maryland, the Terps welcome the red hot Syracuse Orange. Fresh off their third consecutive win over a ranked team, the Orange will have a rude awakening at the hands of the Terps. I have looked at all the websites that list televised or live stream games and none of them have this one. That would be a crying shame if this early season marquee matchup can only be followed via live stats.

Good News! This dilly of a matchup will indeed be live streamed on BTN Plus. They have the time and day wrong but this is a good sign.

https://youtu.be/TEicxWQP2yU

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maryland vs Syracuse.png
Maryland vs Syracuse.png (60.43 KiB) Viewed 6028 times
wlaxnut

Boston College at Navy Wednesday night

Post by wlaxnut »

Really looking forward to this battle of ranked opponents tomorrow night. It will be streamed online live and free on the Patriot League Network on Stadium at 7pm. The guy who does the call for the Navy games is pretty good and their camera work is decent. The field mics could be better but you can’t have everything.

I wonder if they’ll try to faceguard Sam Apuzzo again. Last year they tried and she scored nine goals. :lol: :oops:
wlaxnut

Big Time Clashes Saturday March 9th

Post by wlaxnut »

Noon - Syracuse at Maryland - BTN Plus

Noon - Virginia at North Carolina - ACC Network

1pm - Stony Brook at Princeton - ESPN+

1pm - Georgetown at Penn - ESPN+

8pm - Boston College at Northwestern - BTN Plus

All times Eastern
Badlands

Post by Badlands »

I like tomorrow night's Stanford/Colorado game. Should be a good one. Don't think it is televised but appears to be live streamed by Stanford through their team schedule page. 9PM ET Friday night.

On Saturday, I'll definitely be following the Stony Brook/Princeton game. Will SB fall to 2-3? :shock:

Also Saturday: High Point/Florida -- Saturday 2PM ET ESPN+. Will the Gators fall to 2-4? :shock: :shock:
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Badlands wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:29 pm I like tomorrow night's Stanford/Colorado game. Should be a good one. Don't think it is televised but appears to be live streamed by Stanford through their team schedule page. 9PM ET Friday night.

On Saturday, I'll definitely be following the Stony Brook/Princeton game. Will SB fall to 2-3? :shock:

Also Saturday: High Point/Florida -- Saturday 2PM ET ESPN+. Will the Gators fall to 2-4? :shock: :shock:
Stanford in a close one
Princeton beats SBU
Florida beats HPU
BC crushes again
UNC beats UVA
Penn/Hoyas....toss up
Badlands

Post by Badlands »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:57 am
Badlands wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:29 pm I like tomorrow night's Stanford/Colorado game. Should be a good one. Don't think it is televised but appears to be live streamed by Stanford through their team schedule page. 9PM ET Friday night.

Stanford in a close one
Princeton beats SBU
Florida beats HPU
BC crushes again
UNC beats UVA
Penn/Hoyas....toss up
I agree with your picks but for fun I'll take HPU over Gators and will take Penn over Ricky's squad.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Penn beats Georgetown

I think the UVA-UNC game will be interesting, if only to see how far out in front the trio of Maryland, UNC and BC really are.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Bonus pick....does Army go 7-0?? Playing VCU today

Im going to pick VCU

[edit] well, its only 15 minutes in, but VCU is struggling...guess I shouldnt pick teams I know nothing about.

{edit x 2} I suck....Army is 7-0
Badlands

Post by Badlands »

Stanford on the ropes. Good one going in Palo Alto.

[EDIT] FINAL: Buffs 20, Cardinal 13
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:15 pm Bonus pick....does Army go 7-0?? Playing VCU today

Im going to pick VCU

[edit] well, its only 15 minutes in, but VCU is struggling...guess I shouldnt pick teams I know nothing about.

{edit x 2} I suck....Army is 7-0
I officially suck at this picking the winners stuff. Any team I pick, put your money on the opponent
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Saturday Games Tele- and Webcasted:

11:55 AM Delaware vs. Saint Joseph's (W Lacrosse) espn+
12:00 PM Liberty vs. Kennesaw State (W Lacrosse) espn+
12:00 PM Georgetown vs. Boston College (W Lacrosse) accextra
12:00 PM Duke vs. Pennsylvania (W Lacrosse) espn+
12:00 PM Yale vs. Brown (W Lacrosse) espn+
12:00 PM Notre Dame vs. Virginia (W Lacrosse) accextra
1:00 PM Harvard vs. Binghamton (W Lacrosse) espn3
1:00 PM Kent State vs. Detroit Mercy (W Lacrosse) espn+
1:00 PM Stony Brook vs. Cornell (W Lacrosse) espn+

I don't subscribe to ESPN+, but the Duke-Penn and SBU-Cornell games should be interesting.

On Sunday at Noon, Syracuse-Louisville and VTech-Denver should be fun -- acc network
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Badlands wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:49 pm Stanford on the ropes. Good one going in Palo Alto.

I confess I am a little surprised at this result. Was it as lopsided as seven goals suggests?
Badlands

Post by Badlands »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:42 pm
Badlands wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:49 pm Stanford on the ropes. Good one going in Palo Alto.

I confess I am a little surprised at this result. Was it as lopsided as seven goals suggests?
Yes, 14-5 at half. Stanford didn't get any closer than a 5-goal margin in the second half, and this was at Stanford. Buffs have an excellent attacker, the diminutive (in height) #11 Nemirov who was pretty much unstoppable (7G, 1A), and their keeper Lisella was superb (14 saves) with a strong defensive effort overall. It was just one game, but they definitely looked the part of a top-20 team and validated their big win over the Hokies and their close one against a strong Michigan team. The outlier seems to be their bad loss against a suspect SB team.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Badlands wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:01 am
seacoaster wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:42 pm

It was just one game, but they definitely looked the part of a top-20 team and validated their big win over the Hokies and their close one against a strong Michigan team. The outlier seems to be their bad loss against a suspect SB team.
The 7 goal loss to Florida at home doesn’t help, either. Maybe they’re hitting their stride now. Good timing as they start playing the critical conference games.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”