Wednesday:

Notre Dame vs. Boston College 1:00 pm ACC Network

Maryland vs. Virginia 7:00 pm ACC Network
wlaxnut

Re: Games Televised and Webcasted 2019

Post by wlaxnut »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:30 pm Wednesday:

Can’t hardly wait for this one! I’ll be at the Friendly Confines in Newton for this marquee matchup. I’m hoping the Eagles slap ND down with a notable humiliation. But I’ll take the win no matter what the final score looks like.
wlaxnut

Re: Tuesday tidbits before Wednesday’s main meal

Post by wlaxnut »

None of these games are nearly as compelling as tomorrow’s games that pit #1 Boston College against #4 Notre Dame, or #2 Maryland against #7 Virginia, but they do involve some ranked Ivy and a Big 10:

UConn at #20 Dartmouth 3 PM ESPN+

Villanova at #16 Princeton 7 PM ESPN+

#15 Johns Hopkins at Towson 7 PM Towson TV
wlaxnut

Another Wednesday game

Post by wlaxnut »

#21 Virginia Tech at #3 Syracuse 4pm ACC Network on WatchESPN
DMac

Post by DMac »

This one could be a real blow out.
Winds at nearly 30 mph (talking about gusts in the 40s).
https://weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/ ... 13212:4:US
DMac

Post by DMac »

wlaxnut wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:00 pm
seacoaster wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:30 pm Wednesday:

Can’t hardly wait for this one! I’ll be at the Friendly Confines in Newton for this marquee matchup. I’m hoping the Eagles slap ND down with a notable humiliation. But I’ll take the win no matter what the final score looks like.
There was no slap down or humiliation in this one. Just when you thought BC was in the driver's seat and going to bring this one to an end early, ND makes a heck of a comeback and let the Eagles know this one's not over yet. Two really good teams, this one was fun to watch. Perfect day, pretty darn nice crowd.
BC is an awfully tough team, they give you no room for error and you've got to have the bounce of the ball going your way when you play them. It's going to be painful to watch the replay of this one for ND. If the number of pipe shots (on shots you have to put in) they had went in, the outcome could well be different. A few too many TOs and BC's DC dominance play real big in this one.
Kenzie Kent just throws an absolutely gorgeous assist. That gal puts the ball right in your stick giving you the best of opportunities to score. Arseneau's (sp?) BTB goal came on a pass from Kent right to stick in a place where she could go either way with it. Very pretty all the way around. On the other end of the field, Aldave cut to the goal wide open but the pass she got was on the wrong side of her body making her have to reach for it, giving the GK more time to zero in on the ball and Aldave less time to pick a spot with less angle to operate with. Those are big differences, one results in a goal, the other doesn't.
Kent is something else, if I'm low in the shot clock I want the ball in her stick (I'm not upset if Appuzzo has it either), she attacks the cage like a fearless, reckless, wildwoman....that's a mighty talented and tough gal.
Good game and I really liked the color of BC's unis, looked very nice in the sun...ND's are nice too but BC wins the uni of the day contest.
Have probably said a hundred times already and will likely say it another hundred times, but every time I watch a wlax game I can't help but think of how much better the game is than it used to be. I respect the purists opinion/attitude but I sure don't agree with it. The new DC (3v3), possession clock, play on, and kicking the ball has made it a whole new game, and if I'm a young wlaxer I'd sure rather play today's game than one of yore. Am with you purists on the skirts thing 100% though. ;)
wlaxnut

Boston College 13 Notre Dame 9

Post by wlaxnut »

Yes, this game was an absolute knockdown drag out fight until Apuzzo drove home the dagger with 2:02 left. It was a nerve-racking game to attend but it was worth it in the end. No humiliation, but like I said, “I’ll take the win no matter what the final score looks like.“

This time, it was Abbey Ngai winning the goaltending battle over Sam Giacolone. She is quite a goaltender. I don’t know if BC wins this game with Daly between the pipes. Acacia’s decision to switch goaltenders earlier this year is looking more and more brilliant by the game.

Notre Dame is the real deal. They have a ferocious defense and they were not in awe of anyone all day. I wouldn’t want to play them if I was anyone else in the nation. So they went 1-2 in their trial by fire.

No doubt the ACC is the premier conference this year. Their tournament is going to be quite an event later this month.
DMac

Re: Another Wednesday game

Post by DMac »

wlaxnut wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:57 am #21 Virginia Tech at #3 Syracuse 4pm ACC Network on WatchESPN
Put me in the camp of those who are appreciative of being able to see these games.
Put me in the camp of those who find some of the commentators painful to listen too.
Dear Jonah,
Learn the game or give it up, brotha. Your playing 792 questions with your fellow commentator doesn't leave the listner with the impression that you have any idea What the heck is going on on the field.
Thnx,
DMac
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

DMac wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:33 pm
BC is an awfully tough team, they give you no room for error and you've got to have the bounce of the ball going your way when you play them.

Well put, DMac.

It's going to be painful to watch the replay of this one for ND. If the number of pipe shots (on shots you have to put in) they had went in, the outcome could well be different.

BC goaltender Abbey Ngai played the angles so well that all she left them was the pipe. ;)

A few too many TOs and BC's DC dominance play real big in this one.
Kenzie Kent just throws an absolutely gorgeous assist. That gal puts the ball right in your stick giving you the best of opportunities to score. Arseneau's (sp?) Arsenault's BTB goal came on a pass from Kent right to stick in a place where she could go either way with it. Very pretty all the way around. On the other end of the field, Aldave cut to the goal wide open but the pass she got was on the wrong side of her body making her have to reach for it, giving the GK more time to zero in on the ball and Aldave less time to pick a spot with less angle to operate with. Those are big differences, one results in a goal, the other doesn't.
Kent is something else, if I'm low in the shot clock I want the ball in her stick (I'm not upset if Appuzzo has it either), she attacks the cage like a fearless, reckless, wildwoman....that's a mighty talented and tough gal.

Kent is something--I agree. She scores 2 and assists on 4 against one of the best defenses in the country. Very impressive. Did you notice her 1st goal. She looked like she was running to set herself up for a better shot with her defender in her face, and out of nowhere she shoots the ball and scores. Giacolone had no idea the ball was coming. Brilliant goal on her part.

every time I watch a wlax game I can't help but think of how much better the game is than it used to be. I respect the purists opinion/attitude but I sure don't agree with it. The new DC (3v3), possession clock, play on, and kicking the ball has made it a whole new game.
Great point on the new and improved brand of women's lacrosse these days.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Dear Nicole,
They're not trick shots, they're immaginitive and creative shots by gals with superb stick handling abilities and field awareness (who might have played a little box too). Those shots are a reflection of their coach and his style of play. Oh, and the can't win the game if you can't win the draw stuff.....that's not so true.
Find a new partner,
DMac

Dear Ms Downunda,
You were sorely missed today, I was bummed.
Come back soon,
DMac

VT hung tough and made a one goal game out of it. Really never felt as if there was any doubt as to who would walk away with the W but in the last couple of minutes VT sure did make things interesting.
Goldstock good in the cage again and Cuse didn't get destroyed on the draws. Awful lot of good players on the field but I sure do like the way Carney plays. A ballz to the wall (you allowed to say that in wlax?) player who really has a nice stick, pretty tough cookie. Cuse can run an awful lot of good players on the field, including quite a number of freshmen....pretty darn tough on both ends of the field.
Badlands

Re: Another Wednesday game

Post by Badlands »

DMac wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:17 pm
wlaxnut wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:57 am #21 Virginia Tech at #3 Syracuse 4pm ACC Network on WatchESPN
Put me in the camp of those who are appreciative of being able to see these games.
Put me in the camp of those who find some of the commentators painful to listen too.
Dear Jonah,
Learn the game or give it up, brotha. Your playing 792 questions with your fellow commentator doesn't leave the listner with the impression that you have any idea What the heck is going on on the field.
Thnx,
DMac
Why does the guy have to call a goalie stick a "net"? She's not fishing or catching butterflies!
wlaxnut

Big Game Conference Matchup Saturday

Post by wlaxnut »

Huge conference games coming up Saturday starting at an interesting 10am at Johns Hopkins and ending at 5pm in Maryland. This is like a Sunday in the NFL—only better.

#4 Northwestern at #15 Johns Hopkins 10am ESPNU

#1 BC v #12 Duke 12pm ACC Network

#9 Penn at Brown 12pm espn+

#16 Denver at #22 Georgetown 12pm Fox sports go

#15 Princeton at #20 Dartmouth 1pm espn+

#12 Navy at #10 Loyola 3pm PLN

#7 Michigan at #2 Maryland 5pm BTN Network
cltlax

Re: Big Game Conference Matchup Saturday

Post by cltlax »

wlaxnut wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:41 am Huge conference games coming up Saturday starting at an interesting 10am at Johns Hopkins and ending at 5pm in Maryland. This is like a Sunday in the NFL—only better.

#4 Northwestern at #15 Johns Hopkins 10am ESPNU

#1 BC v #12 Duke 12pm ACC Network

#9 Penn at Brown 12pm espn+

#16 Denver at #22 Georgetown 12pm Fox sports go

#15 Princeton at #20 Dartmouth 1pm espn+

#12 Navy at #10 Loyola 3pm PLN

#7 Michigan at #2 Maryland 5pm BTN Network
That's a lot of ranked teams!
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

wlaxnut wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:41 am Huge conference games coming up Saturday starting at an interesting 10am at Johns Hopkins and ending at 5pm in Maryland. This is like a Sunday in the NFL—only better.

#4 Northwestern at #15 Johns Hopkins 10am ESPNU -- HOPKINS WITH THE UPSET AT HOME

#1 BC v #12 Duke 12pm ACC Network -- C'MON, LET'S BE SERIOUS

#9 Penn at Brown 12pm espn+ PENN (REMEMBERING PRINCETON'S TEACHING MOMENT)

#16 Denver at #22 Georgetown 12pm Fox sports go DENVER

#15 Princeton at #20 Dartmouth 1pm espn+ DARTMOUTH BY A WHISKER AT HOME

#12 Navy at #10 Loyola 3pm PLN HOUNDS!!

#7 Michigan at #2 Maryland 5pm BTN Network MARYLAND, BUT WITH A RESPECTABLE SCORE FOR MICHIGAN, WHICH KEEPS ME GUESSING HOW GOOD MICHIGAN REALLY IS
DMac

Post by DMac »

Ummmmmm, SU v NC Sat @ noon in Chapel Hill????
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

DMac wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:53 am Ummmmmm, SU v NC Sat @ noon in Chapel Hill????
North Carolina by 2-3. I haven't liked the Syracuse defense the past few games (the second half of the second half of the VTech game was painful), and Carolina loves those cut and shoot plays off the elbows -- something the Orange has trouble managing. It'll be over 60 degrees at game time, so that's nice.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:57 am
DMac wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:53 am Ummmmmm, SU v NC Sat @ noon in Chapel Hill????
North Carolina by 2-3. I haven't liked the Syracuse defense the past few games (the second half of the second half of the VTech game was painful), and Carolina loves those cut and shoot plays off the elbows -- something the Orange has trouble managing. It'll be over 60 degrees at game time, so that's nice.
That game will be played Next Saturday—not This Saturday.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

wlaxnut wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:30 am
Geez, you're right. UNC plays Louisville Saturday.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:04 am
wlaxnut wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:30 am
Geez, you're right. UNC plays Louisville Saturday.
And we all know the clock will be running early in that one...
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:45 am
#7 Michigan at #2 Maryland 5pm BTN Network MARYLAND, BUT WITH A RESPECTABLE SCORE FOR MICHIGAN, WHICH KEEPS ME GUESSING HOW GOOD MICHIGAN REALLY IS
Absolutely LOVE this from Michigan coach Hannah Nielsen regarding tomorrow’s game vs Maryland:

“I think even last year, and in years in past, we would go into the game assuming the worst, that Maryland is better and assuming the loss,” Nielsen admitted. “Even last year, we played well, but [the players] never thought we were going to win. This year is different. We trust our ability and have confidence. We’re not nervous and not scared and we expect to go into College Park and give them a good run.”

That last bit gives me goosebumps. GO BLUE!

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”