Coaching Carousel

D1 Womens Lacrosse
LaxPundit07

Re: Coaching Carousel

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Penn State listed an assistant job. Wondering if Amy Altig has left to take one of this head coaching vacancies?
Delco Transplant

Post by Delco Transplant »

Strong hire by University of Delaware - Amy Altig. Hopefully she can bring the program back to the high level it was at many years ago.

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/college/w ... osse-coach

Still no word on Rutgers. Rumor is that the salary they are offering is well below the other Big10 programs. Hope they get this hire done right and quickly - NJ and the surrounding states from which Rutgers could/should draw from are ripe recruiting areas, and the longer Rutgers waits to make a hire the more they will fall behind in recruiting.
hsllax

Post by hsllax »

Amy Bokker to Ohio State. That seems like an unexpected move.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Bokker is a very good coach, and might be the one who can build the program The OSU deserves. I think recruiting to Stanford was harder than at some other schools given the academics requirements and distance from the traditional lacrosse areas. Ohio State puts her in the league with Maryland, Penn State, Northwestern and JHU. It's a good move for her.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:29 pm Bokker is a very good coach, and might be the one who can build the program The OSU deserves. I think recruiting to Stanford was harder than at some other schools given the academics requirements and distance from the traditional lacrosse areas. Ohio State puts her in the league with Maryland, Penn State, Northwestern and JHU. It's a good move for her.
Don’t forget the new kids on the block in the aforementioned conference 😉
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

wlaxnut wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:53 pm
seacoaster wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:29 pm Bokker is a very good coach, and might be the one who can build the program The OSU deserves. I think recruiting to Stanford was harder than at some other schools given the academics requirements and distance from the traditional lacrosse areas. Ohio State puts her in the league with Maryland, Penn State, Northwestern and JHU. It's a good move for her.
Hmmmm. Who?
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Have you seen Palo Alto? It ain’t Columbus!
Last edited by LaxPundit07 on Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laxlaxlax55

Post by laxlaxlax55 »

Don’t know if she really wanted OSU post but was forced out of the Farm
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Last edited by LaxPundit07 on Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:19 pm
wlaxnut wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:53 pm
Hmmmm. Who?
https://youtu.be/plXtiHbZul8
nomofogo

Post by nomofogo »

Curious as to how many of her recruits, current players and assit coaches will follow her to OSU. I am sure variables like who Stanford's next coach is, academic attachments, scholarship integrity and weather are all factors.
Turtles Lax

Interesting...and a bit surprising.

Post by Turtles Lax »

This bit of information might have helped Amy Bokker make her decision to leave Stanford. Alexis Venechanos made $251,632 in salary and benefits for the ‘17-‘18 school year. :o

Note: This was posted in an expo.cleveland post that appeared in TL’s fb feed this morning. It detailed the salary and benefits of all STATE of Ohio coaches who made $250,000 or more.

Peace, out.

TL
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

See attached.
Turtles Lax

Reckon someone does not believe TL.

Post by Turtles Lax »

Source.

https://expo.cleveland.com/sports/g66l- ... -year.html

See number 46.

Peace, out.

TL
Toplax

Post by Toplax »

Assuming kids chose Stanford for more than just athletics, I can't imagine any current players or recruits would jump ship to go to Ohio State.
Nigel

Re: Reckon someone does not believe TL.

Post by Nigel »

Turtles Lax wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:39 am Source.

https://expo.cleveland.com/sports/g66l- ... -year.html

See number 46.

Peace, out.

TL

I picked the wrong career. :mrgreen:
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
laxlaxlax55

Post by laxlaxlax55 »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:44 am Is that your speculation? Or you know she was forced out of Stanford? I just find that hard to believe.
know...although why pure speculation...program has plateaued and getting caught/passed by younger programs in region (SC, CO, Denver - I believe Ducks would have been on this list had Dowd stuck around). Also - seems like every week some non-rev sport at Stan wins a natty or comes close - high expectations. Don't pretend to know if she is good Xs and Os - but she can be hard to play for over time - kids get worn down - not a lot of joy in that clubhouse (full disclosure - DD played there - heavy play time/starter all 4 years)
Rental_Unit

Post by Rental_Unit »

anyone have any scoop on the Rutgers HC search and status?
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

laxlaxlax55 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:48 pm Don’t know if she really wanted OSU post but was forced out of the Farm
Interesting bit of half-info...care to say where you got that or present facts to back that up? Amy was 151-59 in 11 years at Stanford. They made 8 NCAA tournament appearances and won 6 Conference Titles(MPSF and Pac-12).
Now having said that unless you just don't like success, why would anyone "force out" that?
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

laxlaxlax55 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:07 pm
LaxPundit07 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:44 am Is that your speculation? Or you know she was forced out of Stanford? I just find that hard to believe.
know...although why pure speculation...program has plateaued and getting caught/passed by younger programs in region (SC, CO, Denver - I believe Ducks would have been on this list had Dowd stuck around). Also - seems like every week some non-rev sport at Stan wins a natty or comes close - high expectations. Don't pretend to know if she is good Xs and Os - but she can be hard to play for over time - kids get worn down - not a lot of joy in that clubhouse (full disclosure - DD played there - heavy play time/starter all 4 years)
Your daughter played there and started all 4 years? Sounds like a tough gig! And she got a degree from Stanford despite being worn down by this "Cruella DeVille" of a coach. Sounds like your daughter's life is off to a really rough start. :roll: Good luck to her.
FYI...Bokker is a VERY good coach and knows the game. BTW...why is it that eyes are raised when there is not a lot of joy on a winning team of female athletes? Are those same concerns raised when it's a Guy's team? Just curious. :?:

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”