A10 Conference

D1 Womens Lacrosse
SPIDERLAXFAN

Re: 2019 A10 Conference

Post by SPIDERLAXFAN »

Spiders traveled to William and Mary this past weekend for fall ball action. Had a pretty easy time with Old Dominion, W&M, and VCU. That being said they better be prepared for what is looming over the horizon. They travel to Loyola on Oct 20th take on Florida, Princeton, and Loyola. SLF
A10WLaxFan

Post by A10WLaxFan »

I mostly follow UMass, and here's their fall line-up:
Yale, Bryant, Stony Brook, Brown, Northwestern, Syracuse, Boston College
SPIDERLAXFAN

Post by SPIDERLAXFAN »

Ok, we are a month away from the beginning of the season and this thread is silent. Anything new to report regarding the A10? Not much to report out of Richmond, but they do have two transfers joining a young Spider squad... junior Nicole Concannon (Villanova) and sophomore Marina Miller (Penn State).
LaxGuy17

Post by LaxGuy17 »

SPIDERLAXFAN wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:43 pm Ok, we are a month away from the beginning of the season and this thread is silent. Anything new to report regarding the A10? Not much to report out of Richmond, but they do have two transfers joining a young Spider squad... junior Nicole Concannon (Villanova) and sophomore Marina Miller (Penn State).
Sounds like you know Richmond pretty well. How does this year’s team stack up versus 2 years ago? Saw them in the Fall and they looked young.
SPIDERLAXFAN

Post by SPIDERLAXFAN »

They always seem to lose a lot of talent each year but are able bounce back. The Spiders are definitely a young and scrappy team this year. They held their own this fall against some formidable opponents. Freshman class is strong and I am hearing good things about the two transfers coming in. My guess is that it will be another year battling UMASS for the top spot.
LaxGuy17

Post by LaxGuy17 »

SPIDERLAXFAN wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:06 pm They always seem to lose a lot of talent each year but are able bounce back. The Spiders are definitely a young and scrappy team this year. They held their own this fall against some formidable opponents. Freshman class is strong and I am hearing good things about the two transfers coming in. My guess is that it will be another year battling UMASS for the top spot.
Thanks for this. Hoping to catch them live in Feb.
A10WLaxFan

Post by A10WLaxFan »

I like to watch UMass, but missed fall ball so I did not see the first years.
They always recruit well, and brought in a big class- 13 new players
(6 in state, 6 out of state, 1 from Canada). They will be tested right away-
their home opener is in 4 weeks vs. Boston College. Let the games begin!
LaxGuy17

Post by LaxGuy17 »

A10WLaxFan wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:35 am I like to watch UMass, but missed fall ball so I did not see the first years.
They always recruit well, and brought in a big class- 13 new players
(6 in state, 6 out of state, 1 from Canada). They will be tested right away-
their home opener is in 4 weeks vs. Boston College. Let the games begin!
Should be good to get BC early. I hope they have a defender that can faceguard North.
SPIDERLAXFAN

Post by SPIDERLAXFAN »

Nice shout out to the Richmond Spiders from US Lacrosse Magazine!

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/college/w ... 020-season
SPIDERLAXFAN

Post by SPIDERLAXFAN »

Only 14 days til the first A10 game!!!

https://atlantic10.com/calendar.aspx?path=wlax
A10WLaxFan

Post by A10WLaxFan »

With teams like Maryland, Boston College, Ohio State, Georgetown, Virginia Tech, etc among the 8 opening weekend opponents,
most A10 teams are facing the "steel" right away. It will be a decent showing if they go .500 in these non-conference games.
Best of luck A10!
wlaxnut

2020 A10 Conference UMass Question

Post by wlaxnut »

I'm heading to Amherst this weekend for the home opener vs BC at Garber field. Any tips, pointers, things to avoid anyone in this thread can offer? Is parking easy to find? Is there admission? (Games at BC are free until the postseason.) Think UMass will give the Eagles a game? Any thoughts or advice is welcome.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

SPIDERLAXFAN wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:43 pm Ok, we are a month away from the beginning of the season and this thread is silent. Anything new to report regarding the A10?
How about starting a new thread entitled "2020 A10 Conference"? Unless of course you intend to, in which case, nevermind.
SPIDERLAXFAN

Re: 2020 A10 Conference

Post by SPIDERLAXFAN »

Good heads up. Changed to 2020.

Ty!
A10WLaxFan

Re: 2020 A10 Conference UMass Question

Post by A10WLaxFan »

wlaxnut wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:39 pm I'm heading to Amherst this weekend for the home opener vs BC at Garber field. Any tips, pointers, things to avoid anyone in this thread can offer? Is parking easy to find? Is there admission? (Games at BC are free until the postseason.) Think UMass will give the Eagles a game? Any thoughts or advice is welcome.
I'm hoping for a good game, but expect that UMass will have their hands full.
Game time is 1 pm, and there is free parking next to the stadium.
Go early to get a good spot, and maybe build in extra time to explore Amherst Center.
Cute little college town with lots of shops, restaurants, etc.. And don't miss the obligatory
pilgrimage to Antonio's Pizza! Dress warm, it will be windy and below freezing all day.
I'm guessing that the ball will be flying around, with many drops. Admission is free.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

A10WLaxFan wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:01 am
wlaxnut wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:39 pm I'm heading to Amherst this weekend for the home opener vs BC at Garber field. Any tips, pointers, things to avoid anyone in this thread can offer? Is parking easy to find? Is there admission? (Games at BC are free until the postseason.) Think UMass will give the Eagles a game? Any thoughts or advice is welcome.
Go early to get a good spot, and maybe build in extra time to explore Amherst Center.
Cute little college town with lots of shops, restaurants, etc.. And don't miss the obligatory
pilgrimage to Antonio's Pizza! Dress warm, it will be windy and below freezing all day.
I'm guessing that the ball will be flying around, with many drops. Admission is free.
Thank you! For such a full and generous response! So Antonio‘s Pizza is the place to eat, eh? Yes, I intend to bring and wear multiple layers and eat a big meal beforehand. I’ve learned over the years that below freezing and windy is vicious in which to sit/stand and watch a lacrosse game. Thanks again!
LaxGuy17

Post by LaxGuy17 »

wlaxnut wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:05 am
A10WLaxFan wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:01 am
Thank you! For such a full and generous response! So Antonio‘s Pizza is the place to eat, eh? Yes, I intend to bring and wear multiple layers and eat a big meal beforehand. I’ve learned over the years that below freezing and windy is vicious in which to sit/stand and watch a lacrosse game. Thanks again!
Looking forward to getting your read on BC after the game.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

LaxGuy17 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:13 am Looking forward to getting your read on BC after the game.
Thanks LaxGuy. And thanks for giving me an idea for a new thread.
SPIDERLAXFAN

Post by SPIDERLAXFAN »

Kudos to the women's team from UMASS taking down Boston College. Way to represent the A10! I have to be honest, this win has certainly made this Spider fan a bit nervous for our game vs UMASS later in the season. Either way, I wish I could report a win for the Spiders vs a top 10 team this past weekend, but that did not happen. The Spiders faced off against Longwood University. Not sure why these games are played, but I don't set the schedule. Spiders were up 15-2 after the first half. Not much fun for either team IMHO, but it did allow for all players to get into the game. Final was 20-6. Some of the newcomers looked pretty good... Arden Tierney (Freshman) 3g 1a, Lindsay Frank (Freshman) 3g 1a, Nicole Concannon (Transfer Villanova) 3g, Sophia Decenso (Freshman) 2g, and Marina Miller (Transfer Penn State) 1g
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

SPIDERLAXFAN wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:16 pm Kudos to the women's team from UMASS taking down Boston College. Way to represent the A10! I have to be honest, this win has certainly made this Spider fan a bit nervous for our game vs UMASS later in the season. Either way, I wish I could report a win for the Spiders vs a top 10 team this past weekend, but that did not happen. The Spiders faced off against Longwood University. Not sure why these games are played, but I don't set the schedule. Spiders were up 15-2 after the first half. Not much fun for either team IMHO, but it did allow for all players to get into the game. Final was 20-6. Some of the newcomers looked pretty good... Arden Tierney (Freshman) 3g 1a, Lindsay Frank (Freshman) 3g 1a, Nicole Concannon (Transfer Villanova) 3g, Sophia Decenso (Freshman) 2g, and Marina Miller (Transfer Penn State) 1g
I went to the game. First visit to UMass. The Minutewomen were very impressive. Ferocious ride, good size up front, talent in the attack zone, great goaltending. They controlled the game most of the way. Shaping up to be a very good game in April when they travel south to Spiderland.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”