Matnum PI

Georgetown

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Georgetown

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

This is such a beautiful sport at times. Watch Ali Diamond as she lopes behind the net looking for a teammate to connect with. Just an athletic grace to her stride and comportment.

While I’m here—I wonder how Georgetown will do this year…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSzOxr0reKX ... =copy_link
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:53 am
Likely better than last year, but I dont see this as more than a .500 team. IMO, Ricky has issues with "system first" and rarely adapts to the talent of his players. Georgetown has underperformed for a number of years.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:09 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:53 am
Likely better than last year, but I dont see this as more than a .500 team. IMO, Ricky has issues with "system first" and rarely adapts to the talent of his players. Georgetown has underperformed for a number of years.
100% this. Ricky is not flexible at all in what he does. Georgetown should be better than they are for sure. I know a lot of girls that were initially interested in Georgetown that ended up going elsewhere after talking to current and former players.
OuttaNowhereWregget

This is a new concept to me. What are the pros and cons of this type of coaching philosophy in women’s lacrosse?
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:11 pm This is a new concept to me. What are the pros and cons of this type of coaching philosophy in women’s lacrosse?
Ricky runs a very structured system that does not allow for any creativity by his players. He's also not the easiest guy to play for. The game has changed a lot in the last few years with all the new rules. There are several coaches that have not adapted to these changes and Ricky is one of them.
OuttaNowhereWregget

hmmm wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:35 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:11 pm This is a new concept to me. What are the pros and cons of this type of coaching philosophy in women’s lacrosse?
Ricky runs a very structured system that does not allow for any creativity by his players. He's also not the easiest guy to play for. The game has changed a lot in the last few years with all the new rules. There are several coaches that have not adapted to these changes and Ricky is one of them.
Interesting. Are there any player types who thrive under this kind of structured system?
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Hmmm beat me to it. But yeah. You recruit girls from Club/HS and then squelch them. Totally wasted Francesca Whitehurst. Anyway, his defense is pretty good, but his offense was where he failed/fails to use the talent available. He also had a reputation of favoring his USA team job over his day job. If his system is good, he should recruit for it, not try to fit a square peg in a round hole.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:42 pm
Hmmm beat me to it. But yeah. You recruit girls from Club/HS and then squelch them. Totally wasted Francesca Whitehurst. Anyway, his defense is pretty good, but his offense was where he failed/fails to use the talent available. He also had a reputation of favoring his USA team job over his day job. If his system is good, he should recruit for it, not try to fit a square peg in a round hole.
He also had that very good class of 2011 that was ranked #1. But I agree. I think coaches usually try to recruit for the system (speed, creativity, etc.), but there's also a degree of flexibility as well. If they don't fit exactly into the system - is there another way to use the player or another way to maximize their strengths? It sounds like Ricky wasn't very flexible.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Francesca was miserable there but Ricky gave her a full ride so she stuck it out
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

hmmm wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:58 pm
Francesca was miserable there but Ricky gave her a full ride so she stuck it out
Yeah. Gtown education is probably worth it.
Dr. Tact

Re: Hoyas drop '22 slate

Post by Dr. Tact »

I see maybe 10 wins....10-7 ceiling.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Catching up with Georgetown

Brownlax

Re: Catching up with Georgetown

Post by Brownlax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:14 pm Preview for game vs Rutgers

https://guhoyas.com/news/2022/2/18/wome ... pener.aspx
Should be a great game.
Dr. Tact

Re: Catching up with Georgetown

Post by Dr. Tact »

Brownlax wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:42 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:14 pm Preview for game vs Rutgers

https://guhoyas.com/news/2022/2/18/wome ... pener.aspx
Should be a great game.
I wouldnt be surprised if the visitors win.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

RU 16-11

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”