2021 Spring Season!

D1 Womens Lacrosse
njbill

Re: 2021 Spring Season!

Post by njbill »

From what I’ve seen, the April/May timeframe for the general population is realistic although, of course, things could happen that cause that to slide. The talk of longer time frames, as I understand it, is because some people will delay getting vaccinated for whatever reasons. If vaccines are available to the general population in April/May, a lot of people will get vaccinated even if some number wait until later.

An important factor is that more vaccines likely will be approved in the coming months which will help speed the vaccination process. One of the ones that hopefully works out (J&J) only requires one shot.

Not to inject politics, but I think the Biden administration will be highly motivated to get people vaccinated ASAP. I think they will move heaven and earth.

When the most critical and vulnerable segments of society have been vaccinated, that (hopefully) will help alleviate pressure on hospitals which is a key driver. Psychologically, I think it will also prompt the politicians to ease the rules.

Some of you guys are no doubt more privy to inside information than I am about the spring schedule, but I would think there would be great interest in pushing back the schedule to allow for full playoffs and a regular season that is as complete as possible.
Nigel

Re: 2021 Spring Season!

Post by Nigel »

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:31 pm
Lax247 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:06 pm I am being optimistic but I really feel we will have a spring lax season. I'm sure it will be different but it will exist.
So....2 months to lax season! LOL Assuming we will start late Feb, early march?
I think a lot of teams will play 15-17 games. What I'm curious about is travel. Bus trips and no flying? Or limited flying.
Really hoping we have conf tourney and NCAA even if that is on a smaller scale or even bubbled to a certain extent.
Not sure how teams from Florida, Cali, mid West will handle their travel...
Thoughts?
In our area (mid-Atlantic), there was an idea about keeping it local and scheduling outside of conferences. I don't/didn't think it works, it was just an idea to limit travel and different regional exposures, but it was at least thought about. Imagine this mid-atlantic group of teams playing each other - UMD, UVA, VT, Navy, Richmond, JMU, JHU, Loyola, Gtown, etc.....that would keep it regional and no flights required...but if you are a MD team and driving to VT, you certainly could go to PSU, Penn, Princeton, etc....

Anyway, was just a rumored idea...dont think it ever got any legs...

One year exception if leagues (top to bottom) aren't all in sync with playing.

Bracket NYS into the following -
Capitol/Central/West - Niagara, Canisius, Bonaventure, Binghamton, Cornell, Syracuse, Colgate, Sienna, Albany
Hudson/City/Island - Marist, Army, Iona, Columbia, Manhattan, Wagner, LIU, Hofstra, Stoney Brook
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”