World Cup 2021

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Turtles Lax

World Cup 2021

Post by Turtles Lax »

Was intending to start the thread on this very important topic in the New Year but just received some sickening information.

There are ongoing discussions regarding postponement of the World Cup. :o

Please bear in mind the World Cup is scheduled for JULY, 2021. That’s nine (9!) months away. NINE MONTHS! :roll:

If it is postponed or canceled it will prove the doomers intend to rule the world.

That disturbs me greatly!

PS: Given it is to be contested at Towson University, involvement of the Doomer in Chief of Maryland, Lockdown Larry Hogan, is suspected if, indeed, it is postponed or canceled.
laxagainsthumanity

Re: World Cup 2021

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

I understand preemptive cancellations of international events. With college and pro sports, there's much more room to play it by ear, hope for the best, and know that it may all end any given weekend. Not so much the case with events that are more logistically involved and may facilitate international spread of different strains of the virus. Crossing my fingers that there are no more cancelations of any kind, but I actually find this more understandable than well-funded colleges canceling spring sports four months ahead of time.

If politics is the problem, perhaps it's not too late to move it to Florida.
Turtles Lax

World Cup 2021 postponed...

Post by Turtles Lax »

...according to sources around the planet. Nothing official; as of this very moment the official WC website reflects ‘July 7-17, 2021.’

Several major issues:
If, in fact, sources are correct it is absolutely disgusting that no ‘official’ announcement has been made and players are hearing rumors. :roll:

A postponement decision wholly disrespects the extraordinary efforts of laxers all around the world. Many have worked soooo hard to recover from major injuries to be able to play in 2021. Two friends are included in this number.

Such an incredibly ignorant decision would overlook the fact many players are NOT full time laxers and have families, jobs, personal obligations, and responsibilities they have reset in anticipation of 2021. Again, fact...not speculation.

Done for now to avoid assignment to ban camp.
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

I currently have my bubble wrap on, facemask and face shield. I suggest you all comply. Follow the data! It must be Trump's fault.
Turtles Lax

POSTPONED!

Post by Turtles Lax »

https://worldlacrosse.sport/article/wor ... 8C4GX6Q-dA

It’s official...sadly.

The cowardly and shortsighted doomers have sadly prevailed. :roll:

Cannot imagine the amount of handwringing, weeping, and cries of ‘woe is me, we’re gonna die’ that factored into this stupid decision.

I truly feel sorry for all the players whose lives are now changed...in particular, those for whom any number of reasons will now not be able to play and represent their nations.

To all who were party to this decision: YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED. If I have met you, I hope our paths never cross again.

I will be at the World Cup whenever it is played. (Have not missed one since 2001.) If I happen to see any of you who participated in this decision making process I will ignore you and your coconspirators. You are truly awful.
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

but the IWLCA is advertising for all their tournaments in 2021!!

https://www.iwlca.org/news_article/show/1135398

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”