Colgate

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Matnum PI

Colgate

Post by Matnum PI »

Four to Lead Women's Lacrosse as Captains
Colgate Athletics
HAMILTON – The Colgate women's lacrosse program has named Natalie Gwynn, Noelle Patterson, Courtney Quirk, and Danielle Van Calcar as ...

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Nigel

Re: Colgate

Post by Nigel »

Noelle Patterson returning as a grad student is a real bonus. She's been in the top two in offensive stats for the last two seasons. Graduation, followed by coaching changes the last two years, has thinned part of the upperclass in Hamilton.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I bet practice wasn't too much fun on Monday.

If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Andy Kerr Stadium. No wlax when I went there.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

WLax began there in 1974. It snowed that season as well.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Hmm. You sure? I was a junior in the spring of 1974. I don’t remember that, but that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

This article from the Maroon says Title IX was put into effect at Colgate in July 1975. Also discusses a battle women’s club softball was having to get varsity status in 1976.

https://thecolgatemaroonnews.com/2484/s ... athletics/

The first class of women entered Colgate in the fall of 1970. During my years in Hamilton, women were a pretty small percentage of the student body.

I frankly don’t remember there being any women’s intercollegiate sports during my time there. Are you referring to club?

In terms of the snow, I’m sure you are speculating and I’m sure you are 100% right. :lol: It snows every spring in Hamilton.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Record book from wlax site lists 1974 as first season.

https://gocolgateraiders.com/documents/ ... crosse.pdf
njbill

Post by njbill »

Thanks. Interesting.

Looked through the list and recognized a couple of names from when I was there. One even went to my high school and was in my sister’s class. My high school did have girls lacrosse back then, but I don’t know if she played. Neither one of us is in touch with her.

My hunch is that the sport was club in the early years, but maybe they went straight to intercollegiate.

If I may ask, what is your connection to Colgate?
DMac

Post by DMac »

njbill wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:37 pm Andy Kerr Stadium. No wlax when I went there.
Hadn't ever been there until a few years back, really nice place, scenic setting and nice stadium.
Looked pretty much like this...Cuse-Denver fall ball game (mlax). Felt like a post season game. Need I
say Cuse won? ;)
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

DMac wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:21 pm
njbill wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:37 pm Andy Kerr Stadium. No wlax when I went there.
Hadn't ever been there until a few years back, really nice place, scenic setting and nice stadium.
Looked pretty much like this...Cuse-Denver fall ball game (mlax). Felt like a post season game. Need I
say Cuse won? ;)
I realize this is quite an old post, but it does look beautiful. I took a visit there in mid-late January and it was a different story :lol:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:07 am
say Cuse won? ;)
I realize this is quite an old post, but it does look beautiful. I took a visit there in mid-late January and it was a different story :lol:
It is a beautiful campus and little town (Hamilton), that's for sure. I worked for a Judge in beautiful Utica-ca for a year, and my co-clerk and I used to play the Colgate gold course, Seven Oaks, every few weekends in the summer and fall. Great school (have a sister who graduated from the Gate) and the campus is lovely, but really out of the way for a lot of people.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:00 pm
say Cuse won? ;)
It is a beautiful campus and little town (Hamilton), that's for sure. I worked for a Judge in beautiful Utica-ca for a year, and my co-clerk and I used to play the Colgate gold course, Seven Oaks, every few weekends in the summer and fall. Great school (have a sister who graduated from the Gate) and the campus is lovely, but really out of the way for a lot of people.
beautiful campus & town setting. However, was there in October - snow. Was there in January - snow. Was there in May - snow. And sometimes closest hotel with avail rooms is in Utica.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

8meterPA wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:57 pm
say Cuse won? ;)
beautiful campus & town setting. However, was there in October - snow. Was there in January - snow. Was there in May - snow. And sometimes closest hotel with avail rooms is in Utica.
I like snow. It's pretty. Slows down traffic. Changes expectations at work. It's fun. And Christmas without it is just a season to buy stuff.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:12 pm I like snow. It's pretty. Slows down traffic. Changes expectations at work. It's fun. And Christmas without it is just a season to buy stuff.
Plus every now and again we can reminisce about how great it was to know it meant no school and sledding and making snowmen and snowball fights and finding a good icicle pop....
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:12 pm
say Cuse won? ;)
I like snow. It's pretty. Slows down traffic. Changes expectations at work. It's fun. And Christmas without it is just a season to buy stuff.
Touche!
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:12 pm
say Cuse won? ;)
I too like snow....spent a season as a Ski instructor that almost killed my love for snow, but I still get excited when the snow is about to come....
DMac

Post by DMac »

Y'all would love it around these here parts.
https://www.niche.com/blog/top-25-snowi ... n-america/
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

My first year of school in Syracuse it snowed 36 days in a row. I was only surprised at the relatively few homicides. Maybe because of the Dome.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Yes, the Dome. Suppose that has to be excluded from the Syracuse weather discussion as it's always perfect in there. Maybe different levels of perfect in that it might be a bit chilly in there (no wind chill factor though) or a little warm (prior to the AC installation) but perfect playing conditions nonetheless. Love that February lacrosse.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”