Princeton 2021

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Matnum PI

Princeton 2021

Post by Matnum PI »

Princeton Athletics Receives Anonymous Gift to Endow the Women’s Lacrosse Head Coach Position
https://goprincetontigers.com/news/2020 ... ition.aspx
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Turtles Lax

Very cool!

Post by Turtles Lax »

That’s terrific, and to that very generous alumnae...well done! 8-)

Peace, out.

TL
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:00 pm Princeton Athletics Receives Anonymous Gift to Endow the Women’s Lacrosse Head Coach Position
https://goprincetontigers.com/news/2020 ... ition.aspx
DeepPocket

Re: Princeton 2021

Post by DeepPocket »

19 Princeton women’s lacrosse players opt out of 2021 season.

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/college/w ... 021-season
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

DeepPocket wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:02 am 19 Princeton women’s lacrosse players opt out of 2021 season.

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/college/w ... 021-season
and this.....https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... son/56844
Snog

Post by Snog »

This is such a bad look !! I am surprised the school is going along with this.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

This is bizarre - wonder if they have some info from the school that spring semester may be online as well? I was 100% certain that we were back on schedule for having women's lacrosse this spring - now this :shock: It's freakin' early September.

If we do have spring lacrosse - how the heck do they field a team.

And I know this is a women's team, but can't help but wonder how M. Sowers feels about this.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Have thought all along that any semblance of a regular season for 2021 was slim. Looking more like slim to none than slim to maybe whith these kinds of goings on. A huge kick in the asz any way you look at it.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

8meterPA wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:12 pm This is bizarre - wonder if they have some info from the school that spring semester may be online as well?
I wrote a short post in the Covid thread that is similar. I am thinking that the Godmother of Lax (apologies to Cindy T) knows something that others don't....I think she knows that Princeton likely will not be playing WLAX this year at all.
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

Oh God, every time I read about the IVY League it makes me shake my head. Where have all the sane people gone? Let Princeton choose not to play and hopefully the remaining D1 schools can proceed, undetered. I am sure the other IVYs will be announcing a similar fate to be followed by the NESCAC and Patriot League, probably in that order. I doubt the university Presidents will have the leadership skills to trust the data that young athletes are just fine. Maybe President Harris will have a vaccine on November 4th that she trusts and she can share it with the other radicals.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

I know it's hard (and sometimes maybe even relevant), but maybe keep the politics off these pages?
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

livelovelax wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:25 am Oh God, every time I read about the IVY League it makes me shake my head. Where have all the sane people gone? Let Princeton choose not to play and hopefully the remaining D1 schools can proceed, undetered. I am sure the other IVYs will be announcing a similar fate to be followed by the NESCAC and Patriot League, probably in that order. I doubt the university Presidents will have the leadership skills to trust the data that young athletes are just fine. Maybe President Harris will have a vaccine on November 4th that she trusts and she can share it with the other radicals.

I'm hopeful Princeton/Ivy league is the outlier this time and isnt' the domino that causes the lemming like behavior. I'm still feeling pretty good about having a spring wlax season - especially since I think there is some regret by certain conferences on making early calls on postponing/canceling football. Fingers crossed.
ProudPapa

Post by ProudPapa »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:13 am I know it's hard (and sometimes maybe even relevant), but maybe keep the politics off these pages?
A fair request, however the decisions being made by the NCAA and the various schools has been a political response, and not a response rooted in science.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:13 am I know it's hard (and sometimes maybe even relevant), but maybe keep the politics off these pages?
Seacoaster - I took a look at the politics thread on this site and I quickly ran away - way too much hatred and group think Literally made me ill.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

8meterPA wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:24 am
Seacoaster - I took a look at the politics thread on this site and I quickly ran away - way too much hatred and group think Literally made me ill.
8Meter and ProudPapa:

Yup, I know what you're saying about the Politics threads; I am over there mixing it up a lot with a few folks. I just like coming over here for the lacrosse. I certainly understand that politics is generally pervasive, and that folks can reasonably believe that politics is influencing the decisions that colleges and universities are making.

For my own part, I think that the colleges and universities are in a literally untenable situation, where the bedrock of whatever they decide to do is dependent on the behavior of young men and women whose belief in their immortality and super-resilience is intact, and whose awareness of the contagion communication is likely spotty at best.

If I had a daughter on a team or in college now (both my kids graduated in May 2020), or a freshman matriculating, I would have urged them in the most ardent way to take that gap year now; stay in shape, read really good literature, learn how to cook seven outstanding dishes, to bake bread, and walk my dog for me.

Hope you and your families are hanging in there. Our desire for good outcomes, including watching these kids play again soon, is absolutely mutual.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:14 pm
If I had a daughter on a team or in college now (both my kids graduated in May 2020), or a freshman matriculating, I would have urged them in the most ardent way to take that gap year now; stay in shape, read really good literature, learn how to cook seven outstanding dishes, to bake bread, and walk my dog for me.

Hope you and your families are hanging in there. Our desire for good outcomes, including watching these kids play again soon, is absolutely mutual.
Man...I wish that had happened as well, but school has started, so the Princeton path (not attending for a year) is already gone for my D.

I sure hope she doesn't lose her Senior season as well...

Hope things are well with you ;)
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:59 pm

Man...I wish that had happened as well, but school has started, so the Princeton path (not attending for a year) is already gone for my D.

I sure hope she doesn't lose her Senior season as well...

Hope things are well with you ;)
Dr - we are in the same position as you, thus my frustration. It may end up being a Freshman & Senior undergrad career (losing soph & potential junior years) and then either play 2 years in grad school or take a 5th year undergrad and 1 year grad. On track to graduate in 4 years so very hesitant to interrupt that for lax.

Seacoaster - always appreciate your thoughtful responses & insights, at the end of the day, wlax is what has brought us all together on this site and sometimes it's easy to lose sight of that.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

8MeterPa,

Well said, it's disgusting. Seacoaster, you know very well that politics are involved, especially when it comes to the Ivies. The Covid-19 Thread has become a joke. It's not a discussion, it's just an endless crusade to vehemently discredit and disprove anything that a certain 4-5 posters post. Smart move on your part! It literally will make you sick after a while, because it's such small niche in regards to viewpoints surrounding the virus. Its sad some in that forum have lost sight of the middle ground....

For clarification, SeaCoaster I am NOT referring to you. You are measured in your responses/interactions and I greatly respect that!

Go Twins!
JoeMauer89!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

8Meter and ProudPapa:

Yup, I know what you're saying about the Politics threads; I am over there mixing it up a lot with a few folks. I just like coming over here for the lacrosse. I certainly understand that politics is generally pervasive, and that folks can reasonably believe that politics is influencing the decisions that colleges and universities are making.

For my own part, I think that the colleges and universities are in a literally untenable situation, where the bedrock of whatever they decide to do is dependent on the behavior of young men and women whose belief in their immortality and super-resilience is intact, and whose awareness of the contagion communication is likely spotty at best.

That would be good advice and the same sort of advice these kids received. They are hoping for some return to a normal academic and athletic experience in 2021-22
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
8meterPA

Princeton 2021

Post by 8meterPA »

13 on the roster and no goalie...ru-oh

https://goprincetontigers.com/sports/wo ... oster/2021

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”