Fall lax 2020

D1 Womens Lacrosse
laxhound22

Re: Fall lax 2020

Post by laxhound22 »

Patriot League guidelines for fall sports (no indication of winter/spring sports), but a bit promising?

https://loyolagreyhounds.com/news/2020/ ... ition.aspx

- Student-athletes will return to campus at the same time as other students;
- Patriot League competition will begin at the end of September, with the expectation that League play will be completed prior to Thanksgiving;
- Non-League competition will not begin prior to Friday, Sept. 4;
- Patriot League member institutions will confirm that non-League competitors are following comparable health and safety protocols in advance of any contest; and,
- No Patriot League teams will fly to competitions and, with rare exceptions, regular-season competition will exclude overnight travel.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

NYC Marathon was just cancelled.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Turtles Lax

Get ready...

Post by Turtles Lax »

...Fauci says a ‘few more weeks.’ YESTERDAY, June 23, 2020. :roll:

Doomers are chortling with glee whilst the world goes to heck all around us.

Peace, out.

TL
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

njbill

Post by njbill »

TCNJ has canceled “high-risk” fall sports for the fall semester.

“In keeping with TCNJ's top priority of providing a safe environment for students, faculty and staff, the decision was made to cancel the following high-risk sports seasons for the fall semester: football, field hockey, men's and women's soccer, wrestling and men's and women's basketball.”

Note that this announcement includes wrestling and basketball. I suppose TBD whether those sports would be permitted to start up again during the spring semester.

https://tcnjathletics.com/news/2020/6/2 ... ement.aspx

After making some hard-won progress in the recent weeks, there has been some backsliding in New Jersey which has prompted the governor to halt some of the reopening plans.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

domino's dropping unfortunately...Williams College also canceled fall sports. If anyone has access to the WSJ there is an interesting piece by the Pres at Cornell about why kids should be back on campus this fall.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Starting to look like what happened in the spring all over again. All eyes (or at least a lot of them) on the Ivy’s announcement next Wednesday.
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

Oh, the whacko libs are loving this. Everything is a crisis. Let's just shut down schools, sports and business'……….why not. The government workers get paid no matter what. Meanwhile our mental health crisis goes thru the roof. Kids need to be in school for a million reasons. How about a real education, not a virtual one. Last night, finally a statistician produced a fact that out of 125,000 deaths in America, only 170 have been under the age of 25. The flu is 8 times more likely to kill young people than Covid19. We are internally combusting by listening to the scholars and politicians who are insulated from this.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Well, as someone who is now in his 60s (word gets around in our small town :lol: ), I hope you are being careful.

Maybe one of these will help.

https://www.etsy.com/market/donald_trump_mask
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

livelovelax wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:23 pm Oh, the whacko libs are loving this. Everything is a crisis. Let's just shut down schools, sports and business'……….why not. The government workers get paid no matter what. Meanwhile our mental health crisis goes thru the roof. Kids need to be in school for a million reasons. How about a real education, not a virtual one. Last night, finally a statistician produced a fact that out of 125,000 deaths in America, only 170 have been under the age of 25. The flu is 8 times more likely to kill young people than Covid19. We are internally combusting by listening to the scholars and politicians who are insulated from this.

Seriously? Let's have everyone sign waivers and put themselves and their families at risk so that we can satisfy your desire for normalcy. Only 170 have been under the age of 25...HEY THEY'RE DEAD!! Are you happy that it's only 170? Maybe you're happy that only Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, Ahmaud Arberry and Rayshard Brooks were killed? Maybe you agree with the cops caught on tape talking about wanting to kill Black Folks?

Fortunately, I know you and I know you are a great guy. However, you have let the Orange King color your views and turn you into a wacko right wing extremist. Why? When you start spewing this crap you become the nickname I have given you "Westfield Trump". I am willing to sit down with you anytime and discuss politics, but leave your AR-15 at home.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

LarryGamLax wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:04 pm
livelovelax wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:23 pm Oh, the whacko libs are loving this. Everything is a crisis. Let's just shut down schools, sports and business'……….why not. The government workers get paid no matter what. Meanwhile our mental health crisis goes thru the roof. Kids need to be in school for a million reasons. How about a real education, not a virtual one. Last night, finally a statistician produced a fact that out of 125,000 deaths in America, only 170 have been under the age of 25. The flu is 8 times more likely to kill young people than Covid19. We are internally combusting by listening to the scholars and politicians who are insulated from this.

Seriously? Let's have everyone sign waivers and put themselves and their families at risk so that we can satisfy your desire for normalcy. Only 170 have been under the age of 25...HEY THEY'RE DEAD!! Are you happy that it's only 170? Maybe you're happy that only Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, Ahmaud Arberry and Rayshard Brooks were killed? Maybe you agree with the cops caught on tape talking about wanting to kill Black Folks?

Fortunately, I know you and I know you are a great guy. However, you have let the Orange King color your views and turn you into a wacko right wing extremist. Why? When you start spewing this dump you become the nickname I have given you "Westfield Trump". I am willing to sit down with you anytime and discuss politics, but leave your AR-15 at home.
:o
Bart

Post by Bart »

How old are those working at colleges.......on average?
njbill

Post by njbill »

Now Swarthmore cancels fall sports.

https://www.inquirer.com/college-sports ... 00701.html
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

njbill wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:47 pm Now Swarthmore cancels fall sports.

https://www.inquirer.com/college-sports ... 00701.html
Wait, Swarthmore has sports? that's the bigger story here! :D
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:04 pm

Fortunately, I know you and I know you are a great guy. However, you have let the Orange King color your views and turn you into a wacko right wing extremist. Why? When you start spewing this dump you become the nickname I have given you "Westfield Trump". I am willing to sit down with you anytime and discuss politics, but leave your AR-15 at home.
:o
I wonder if we could leave the politics off of the women's lax pages; there is plenty of room for disagreement on the politics forum. Can we agree that colleges are going to get things right and get them wrong, but the safety of the kids is an overarching concern of most -- I am hopeful all -- of these institutions.

I meant to add: I am pretty sure I am a "wacko lib" in a lot of people's books; but I am not loving this.

Larry, how are you?

Doc, hope you and the family are weathering these weird times.

Hope everyone is doing OK out there and, like you, hope we see some lax in the Spring.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Fellas. Let's stay on topic. Politics are discussed in the FanLax Politics Forum.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Amherst college cancels fall sports...another domino falls. That's 3 NESCAC schools by my count, the Ivies typically follow the NESCAC and the the Patriot league tends to follow what the Ivies do.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”