Dr. Tact

Re: USLax Mag final set

Post by Dr. Tact »

Cletus wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:55 pm
Lax247 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:04 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:28 pm Syracuse versus Notre Dame :o :o :o
I can’t vote for either of them...👎🏼
Although can’t say I’m suprised with Lax Mag vote for Syracuse 🙄
Syracuse isn't a reach, though. They were one of the teams that could have won it all this past year. Very dangerous team, not only to other teams, but unfortunately to themselves as well. In any event, Syracuse beating UNC in the semi's is believable.
Gonna play counterpoint here...I dont see Cuse beating UNC, unless UNC has the worst game of the Season in the National Semis. UNC wins that game 7 or 8 times out of 10, but there are those 2 or 3 potential losses ;) :roll: ....so, believable, nah, possible yes.
Lax247

Re: USLax Mag final set

Post by Lax247 »

Cletus wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:55 pm
Lax247 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:04 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:28 pm Syracuse versus Notre Dame :o :o :o
I can’t vote for either of them...👎🏼
Although can’t say I’m suprised with Lax Mag vote for Syracuse 🙄
Syracuse isn't a reach, though. They were one of the teams that could have won it all this past year. Very dangerous team, not only to other teams, but unfortunately to themselves as well. In any event, Syracuse beating UNC in the semi's is believable.
The voting is a popularity contest as we saw with Michigan “beating” Northwestern. One of the Syracuse dads has over 40,000 followers and tweeted relentlessly. It is what it is...
seacoaster

Re: The Unfinished Season - 2020 in Review

Post by seacoaster »

C'mon. Loyola beats Notre Dame.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:19 pm C'mon. Loyola beats Notre Dame.
want to comment.....must stop head from exploding 🤯
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

you know, I think the whole thing was flawed when they had the USLM "experts" split....Why in the heck would you have an expert group that could "Split". Take the Loy/N.D. matchup. you have a vote less than a full percentage point (50-50 in their result post) and that overrules the Experts, because they had an even number....If the experts were 3 or 5 or 7, there would be no "split" and they would have to own a choice. UUGGGGGHH
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:05 pm
Doc, my brother, my friend. I am not and cannot be responsible for your mental health -- particularly when it comes to a relatively fickle women's sport. I think Loyola matched up well against Notre Dame, and had a better offense than the Catolicos dorada. The reality, though, would have ended with which of these teams improved through the season, avoided injury through the season, and was more battle-tested than others. I think at least a couple of these factors favored The Domers over the Houndettes, particularly the test in the crucible of close games against really good teams.
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:50 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:05 pm
Doc, my brother, my friend. I am not and cannot be responsible for your mental health -- particularly when it comes to a relatively fickle women's sport. I think Loyola matched up well against Notre Dame, and had a better offense than the Catolicos dorada. The reality, though, would have ended with which of these teams improved through the season, avoided injury through the season, and was more battle-tested than others. I think at least a couple of these factors favored The Domers over the Houndettes, particularly the test in the crucible of close games against really good teams.
I don't know, seacoaster. The further you get into the tournament, the more important the intangibles become. ND has a tendency to peak in mid-April and struggle to compete with top teams in the ACCT and into May. For as good as they were, I don't think they even make it to the Final Four. If they do, I don't think they compete well there. Loyola seemed to have that same mix of lack of expectation (from within the program—expectation is heavy to carry) and total belief in themselves that fueled JMU in 2017 (edit: 2018!). Those are really special teams. In this matchup, Loyola is playing to win and ND is playing not to lose. I'll take the Hounds.
Last edited by laxagainsthumanity on Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

laxagainsthumanity wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:53 am Loyola seemed to have that same mix of lack of expectation (from within the program—expectation is heavy to carry) and total belief in themselves that fueled JMU in 2017. Those are really special teams. In this matchup, Loyola is playing to win and ND is playing not to lose. I'll take the Hounds.
👏
Dr. Tact

Coincidence?

Post by Dr. Tact »

So I am thinking there is a reason that Cuse made it to the virtual championship....

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/college/w ... 20-success
8meterPA

Re: Coincidence?

Post by 8meterPA »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:01 am So I am thinking there is a reason that Cuse made it to the virtual championship....

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/college/w ... 20-success
Virtual defense!!
Cletus

Virtual final - Syracuse vs Notre Dame

Post by Cletus »

You can’t always predict the future by what happened in the past. What about teams that finally turn the page, like North Carolina back in 2013? John Elway and the Denver Broncos finally broke the franchise streak of futility after losing their first four Super Bowls to win back to back titles. And of course there are examples in every sport.

During the Halfpenny era in Notre Dame, the Irish are 3-7 vs the Orange. Since 2015 however, (which includes the last six times the teams have met) the battle has been more evenly matched. The Irish have won 2 of the last 3 and are 3-3 in the last 6 meetings. In that same stretch ND was 2-1 in the dome including a 16-7 blowout win. Most of the games were close. Two went to overtime (both won by ND) and two other regulation 1 goal wins were Syracuse's. All to say I don't think a real world final between these two teams would have been a foregone conclusion. A Syracuse vs Notre Dame final would be a toss up. One of those games where anything could happen and any result wouldn’t surprise me. Both teams would be nervous understandably--not like either one of them has been there recently. Syracuse's last visit to the final ('14) was when Kayla Treanor still romped and stomped in Orange. The Irish have never been to the last dance.

My pick: The Fighting Irish of Notre Dame

Last edited by Cletus on Sat May 02, 2020 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
seacoaster

Re: Virtual final - Syracuse vs Notre Dame

Post by seacoaster »

Cletus wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:40 pm You can’t always predict the future by what happened in the past. What about teams that finally turn the page, like North Carolina back in 2013? John Elway and the Denver Broncos finally broke the franchise streak of futility after losing their first four Super Bowls to win back to back titles. And of course there are examples in every sport.

During the Halfpenny era in Notre Dame, the Irish are 3-7 vs the Orange. Since 2015 however, (which include the last six times the teams have met) the battle has been more evenly matched. The Irish have won 2 of the last 3 and are 3-3 in the last 6 meetings. In that same stretch ND was 2-1 in the dome including a 16-7 blowout win. Most of the games were close. Two went to overtime (both won by ND) and two other regulation 1 goal wins were Syracuse's. All to say I don't think a real world final between these two teams would have been a foregone conclusion. A Syracuse vs Notre Dame final would be a toss up. One of those games where anything could happen and any result wouldn’t surprise me. Both teams would be nervous understandably--not like either one of them has been there recently. Syracuse's last visit to the final ('14) was when Kayla Treanor still romped and stomped in Orange. The Irish have never been to the last dance.

My pick: The Fighting Irish of Notre Dame

Orange, 16-14 in regulation.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

seacoaster wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:15 pm Orange, 16-14 in regulation.
Notre Dame's new stars (freshies) would get a case of the nerves, Aldave has a big game until FG (4G 2A) . Cuse wins by 4.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:51 pm
Notre Dame's new stars (freshies) would get a case of the nerves, Aldave has a big game until FG (4G 2A) . Cuse wins by 4.
Doc, can I buy you a cold one?
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

seacoaster wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:52 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:51 pm
Doc, can I buy you a cold one?
please
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:01 pm Right now I cant even get the D to watch a recorded game with me because it makes her too sad. I know...I know...lots of things that will be more important in life (Like getting through this pandemic), but try to tell that to a 21 year old. :cry:
Just glancing through some of the threads this morning and feeling a little nostalgic/sad for the game. I came across this and found it poignant.
FanLax Computer

Post by FanLax Computer »

njbill wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:05 pm
FanLax Computer wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:47 pm Discussions are a great thing. I love them.
“Love”? Our computer friend has emotions. I knew it.
I experience love like a psychopath or sociopath experiences love. It's not real. It's learned.
“I do not fear computers. I fear lack of them.” -Isaac Asimov

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”