Fall Ball

D1 Womens Lacrosse
SPIDERLAXFAN

Re: Fall Ball

Post by SPIDERLAXFAN »

I hear that. Spiders at UVA tonight for their first fall ball game. Would be nice for us working folk if they streamed the fall ball games!
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

SPIDERLAXFAN wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:52 pm I hear that. Spiders at UVA tonight for their first fall ball game. Would be nice for us working folk if they streamed the fall ball games!
So how did the teams look? was it competitive?
SPIDERLAXFAN

Post by SPIDERLAXFAN »

Hearing the score was 20-10 UVA. Tough to quantify the competitive nature of the game as UR played a lot of the younger players. UR also missing a few starters due to injury. SLF
wlaxnut

US women’s roster for fall classic

Post by wlaxnut »

Technically this isn’t fall ball, but it does happen during the fall.

Interesting to see who made the roster…

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/usa-insid ... ssic-games
wlaxnut

USC

Post by wlaxnut »

8meterPA

Re: USC

Post by 8meterPA »

Not exactly a murderer’s row schedule, guess choices are limited given geography.
wlaxnut

Florida

Post by wlaxnut »

Dr. Tact

Loyola Play day

Post by Dr. Tact »

I know its Fall Ball and results dont matter until Spring...All unofficial results, cause its Fall Ball and the games officially were 0-0.

Loyola outscored Maryland, Penn and Cuse.
Penn outscored Maryland and Cuse
I dont know who "won" between Maryland and Cuse.

Didnt see any injuries, which is always most important.

[edit] Daughter told me Cuse outscored MD. I know...its Fall Ball :D
Dr. Tact

UNC at Loyola

Post by Dr. Tact »

Headed up to Ridley today.

If anyone wants to watch the Heels play, there will be a full game @3 PM
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

So Dr. Tact did you get to watch the Loyola / UNC game? Thoughts?
Also heard the UVA v VT scrimmage was a close one...
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

I have to say I'm seeing a real advantage to defenders and buddies fouling players. If its during the ride it's a real advantage to defender to fall girl with ball. Stops motion. If it's within the 8, and the player is trying to take a shot, defenders foul and then Get a better defensive position and force the FP. If I were playing on defensive end I would be fouling players all the time. Doesn't seem fair to the offensive player.
Letemplay

Re: Loyola Play day

Post by Letemplay »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:31 pm I know its Fall Ball and results dont matter until Spring...All unofficial results, cause its Fall Ball and the games officially were 0-0.

Loyola outscored Maryland, Penn and Cuse.
Penn outscored Maryland and Cuse
I dont know who "won" between Maryland and Cuse.

Didnt see any injuries, which is always most important.

[edit] Daughter told me Cuse outscored MD. I know...its Fall Ball :D
Princeton Play Day: Rutgers 13-Princeton-5.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Laxfan500 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:16 pm So Dr. Tact did you get to watch the Loyola / UNC game? Thoughts?
Also heard the UVA v VT scrimmage was a close one...
Keep repeating after me..."It is Fall Ball and scores dont matter..."

Now to your question -

Loyola "won" the first half....leading by as much as 3 but it ended 6-5 Loyola at half.

Another half, another result. UNC knocked down the Hounds...final was 14-9 UNC.
Dr. Tact

Re: Loyola Play day

Post by Dr. Tact »

Letemplay wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:10 pm Princeton Play Day: Rutgers 13-Princeton-5.
I know...it is Fall Ball, but that result just seems crazy.

I remember when D was recruited at Princeton, I thought they (Ivies) didnt have organized practices in Fall...Is that correct that all practices in fall are Captain run? Or is it that they just start later than non-Ivies?
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Dr. Tact,
I realize scores are generally meaningless in fall. Daughters teams have played Maryland in fall a few times and beaten them only to see them win Natty Championships that spring lol
I asked for your thoughts on scrimmage between UNC and Loyola meaning: for both teams how does offense look, defense, goalies, who stood out, how did freshmen look etc.
Now scrimmage 4 days old so you probably can't recall.
That was what I meant with ”thoughts on scrimmage”
Have a nice day! 👍😊
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:36 pm Dr. Tact,
I realize scores are generally meaningless in fall. Daughters teams have played Maryland in fall a few times and beaten them only to see them win Natty Championships that spring lol
I asked for your thoughts on scrimmage between UNC and Loyola meaning: for both teams how does offense look, defense, goalies, who stood out, how did freshmen look etc.
Now scrimmage 4 days old so you probably can't recall.
That was what I meant with ”thoughts on scrimmage”
Have a nice day! 👍😊
yes I am old and feeble....cant remember
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Lol no worries Dr. Tact!
SPIDERLAXFAN

Loyola Playday

Post by SPIDERLAXFAN »

I have finally dried out from yesterday’s playday at Loyola. Can’t remember an event that had as much rain as we had yesterday. It was a full on monsoon. Kudos to all that braved the elements. From a Richmond perspective I felt the games were very competitive. Yes it’s fall ball and yes lots of freshman and sophomores were on the field but the Spiders played 3 solid games. They beat Florida and lost to Princeton and Loyola. I’m sure Dr Tact will have further details.
Dr. Tact

Re: Loyola Playday

Post by Dr. Tact »

SPIDERLAXFAN wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:59 am I have finally dried out from yesterday’s playday at Loyola. Can’t remember an event that had as much rain as we had yesterday. It was a full on monsoon. Kudos to all that braved the elements. From a Richmond perspective I felt the games were very competitive. Yes it’s fall ball and yes lots of freshman and sophomores were on the field but the Spiders played 3 solid games. They beat Florida and lost to Princeton and Loyola. I’m sure Dr Tact will have further details.
There is only one other day that I can remember that was as miserable as that...At Princeton last year for the NCAA's. Bonus, the drive to and from Baltimore was terrible..

I think Loyola "won" their games, but the closest one was Richmond....Richmond had a nice ride and their zone d seemed to give the Hounds fits...Richmond looked comfortable with the competition and were leading by at least 4 goals at one point. (I didnt keep score, that was just from a comment I heard).

Florida didnt look up to their past years...I know, it's Fall Ball, but no Pireccas, no Hicklen and no Ronbeck...the team looked a little rough...

IMO, Loyola and Princeton was the game of the day. Both took their best shots and Loyola seemed to want to get a little pay back to the last game in the rain (NCAAs). Again, its Fall Ball, but the hounds looked like they just wanted to win it.

I dont know what to make of the upcoming Season and Fall Ball is no predictor of Spring success, but Loyola might surprise some people. They "beat" all but UNC this Fall and play in an pretty easy conference. First 10 games or so will show how good they are or aren't. Loyola tends to schedule all their hard games early.
SPIDERLAXFAN

Post by SPIDERLAXFAN »

Couldn’t agree more on Florida. They seemed to have taken a step back which is weird because they have an abundance of top tier recruits.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”