Transfer Portal

D1 Womens Lacrosse
livelovelax

Re: Transfer Portal

Post by livelovelax »

Best of luck Maddie! Thank you for the memories at JMU. Go Dukes!
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Interesting, and a good pickup for the Catholics:

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/college/w ... notre-dame
njbill

Post by njbill »

Yes, interesting. I think that was two seasons, not three, with Andie Aldave at McDonough (2016-17).
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

njbill wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:56 pm Yes, interesting. I think that was two seasons, not three, with Andie Aldave at McDonough (2016-17).
Yeah, I am wondering if that is really the subtext: Aldave and Choma saying, come help us? Does UND have Buchanan back? I know she was a senior, but don't know if she will take the NCAA auto-redshirt year.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Don’t know for sure, but her LinkedIn page shows her being in a masters program at Notre Dame in 2020-21. Might be a tell. :)
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:47 pm
njbill wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:56 pm Yes, interesting. I think that was two seasons, not three, with Andie Aldave at McDonough (2016-17).
Yeah, I am wondering if that is really the subtext: Aldave and Choma saying, come help us? Does UND have Buchanan back? I know she was a senior, but don't know if she will take the NCAA auto-redshirt year.
The official instagram page for ND Women's Lax confirmed Buchanan is returning in a post from June 8th. The account also confirmed that Kathleen Roe, Jessi Masinko, and Samantha Lynch are also returning along with several others! Schettig and Roe on defense make a formidable duo.

The transfer is a bit surprising since Schettig is a Maryland native & had a very successful freshman campaign. But this definitely builds the anticipation for the next ND-NC matchup!
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

The Irish were primed for a deep run this year and looked to have their best/most well rounded squad under Halfpenny so far. Go back and read some of her quotes from their last few outings in the short season...she knew they had something special. With an addition like this and several key returners, look out for the Irish in 2021; assuming there is lax in 2021.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:00 pm The Irish were primed for a deep run this year and looked to have their best/most well rounded squad under Halfpenny so far. Go back and read some of her quotes from their last few outings in the short season...she knew they had something special. With an addition like this and several key returners, look out for the Irish in 2021; assuming there is lax in 2021.
I think I had them in the top three or four, and was awaiting the Syracuse and UNC matchups. They lose nothing, and wlaxphan20 is right: Roe and Sherrie will be a fierce combo on defense and in transition. Hope we see them all in the Spring.

Doc? You there? What’s the story with your Hounds next year?
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

Lynch (G) - returning
Pearsall (G) - ??
Roe (S) - returning
Masinko (S) - returning
Buchanan (S) - returning
Donnelly (S) - returning
McBride (S) - returning

I don't think ND is begging anyone for help. If any team can challenge UNC next season, this is one.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

I am interested in comments/thoughts about what this says about Maryland? All programs need to reset/reload and they have set their own bar incredibly high, but 2020 was shaping up to be a tough one for Coach Reese. Anyone who follows their depth chart here care to add insight?
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:09 pm
Well, hard to know. Same team, but slipping related to others' incoming improvements. So, I guess they will be back to mediocre and everyone (especially Fanlax online pundits) should ignore them. Keep talking about UNC/ND/NW/Cuse/etc. Hounds just got lucky last year and are not really a top 5 team....not everyone likes the underDOG. ;)
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:41 am I am interested in comments/thoughts about what this says about Maryland? All programs need to reset/reload and they have set their own bar incredibly high, but 2020 was shaping up to be a tough one for Coach Reese. Anyone who follows their depth chart here care to add insight?
Not an avid Maryland fan or follower (neither do I dislike Maryland). But I was trying to suggest, in an earlier post here, that this looked like a two fold move for Shettig: (1) play with an immediate contender, a top 3-5 team, and slide into a defensive slot as a contributor; and (2) reunite with some McDonogh pals and a friend from the U19 experience. This puts aside academics, which may certainly have contributed. Long story short: I am not sure it says anything about Maryland, other than it loses a player who looked like she was going to contribute for three more years.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:33 pm
Well, hard to know. Same team, but slipping related to others' incoming improvements. So, I guess they will be back to mediocre and everyone (especially Fanlax online pundits) should ignore them. Keep talking about UNC/ND/NW/Cuse/etc. Hounds just got lucky last year and are not really a top 5 team....not everyone likes the underDOG. ;)
Yeah, yeah. Move along, nothing to see here, don't bother to even look at film of these pikers. We just have everyone back, three or four 40 goal scorer-types, a couple of AA caliber defenders, a goalie with a year of crucial experience under her belt, chip still on the shoulder....
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:58 pm
Yeah, yeah. Move along, nothing to see here, don't bother to even look at film of these pikers. We just have everyone back, three or four 40 goal scorer-types, a couple of AA caliber defenders, a goalie with a year of crucial experience under her belt, chip still on the shoulder....
C'mon man. Dont ruin the juju....we had some righteous sneak up on you going for about 2 months...got to keep head down so it doesnt get noticed :oops:

I mean the 2021 hardware is already engraved with UNC on it and those other "cream of the crop" teams are fighting for the chance to play that final game....Pay no attention to the Hound behind the curtain....
Turtles Lax

No worries.

Post by Turtles Lax »

Doncha worry a bit about TL’s Laxchix. :roll:

Any coach, any sport, will tell you if a player doesn’t want to be part of the team she/he will be happy when the player moves on.

And don’t forget, Coach Cathy has little tolerance for players who aren’t in line with TEAM performance/culture. After all, she did dismiss a player in the middle of the conference tournament not too long ago.

That said, let’s hope Ms Schettig is happier in another program.

Peace, out.

TL
watcherinthewoods wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:41 am I am interested in comments/thoughts about what this says about Maryland? All programs need to reset/reload and they have set their own bar incredibly high, but 2020 was shaping up to be a tough one for Coach Reese. Anyone who follows their depth chart here care to add insight?
watcherinthewoods

ah, all true and well said.
Dr. Tact

Re: No worries.

Post by Dr. Tact »

Turtles Lax wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:42 pm
Any coach, any sport, will tell you if a player doesn’t want to be part of the team she/he will be happy when the player moves on.

That said, let’s hope Ms Schettig is happier in another program.

Peace, out.

TL
It might have nothing to do with lax. It might be academics or other reasons that led to her wanting to go elsewhere.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Maybe Notre Dame busses have better snow tires.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

I heard they are all back for their 6th year! :D :D
watcherinthewoods

:lol:
njbill wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:39 pm Maybe Notre Dame busses have better snow tires.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”