Transfer Portal

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Dr. Tact

Re: Gabby Rosenzweig!

Post by Dr. Tact »

8meterPA wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:14 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:02 pm
Lax247 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:37 pm
Because it makes Loyola that much stronger🤔 and they were very good before. So def don’t need them getting better !!
Not sure what the Patriot League stance is on 5th year/grads. Rumor is that they may not be any allowed....I hope not.
I believe you are correct - it's my understanding you can be a 5th year at your school (if they have graduate program) but cannot transfer into patriot league as a graduate transfer.
that really sucks....plus it doesnt make much sense....but what does anymore.
Cletus

Re: Transfer Portal

Post by Cletus »

Is there a period of eligibility for the transfer portal? I've become accustomed to the period of free agency in pro sports. There's a window of time and then it's closed. Is it the same for the portal? I've probably asked this before but I'm too lazy to go back and look--is there a website that tracks players who enter the portal?
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Remember last off season literally the only story was the transfer of C. North and how that was going to propel BC? Amazing how the narrative has changed this year with a lot of big names in the portal and BC not in discussion for top 15.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

8meterPA wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:56 am Remember last off season literally the only story was the transfer of C. North and how that was going to propel BC? Amazing how the narrative has changed this year with a lot of big names in the portal and BC not in discussion for top 15.
There was also GK Rachel Hall from Oregon and Bridget Simmons from UAlbany transferring to BC. Yep--BC was the main attraction last offseason with the three transfers. It was obvious that BC didn't consider Ngai the GK to help them become a threat to win a title in the future.

Other moves that weren't as exciting...

Sabrina Cristodero transferred from Florida to Hofstra. Good player. Strong on DC's, GB's and CTO's.

Elon’s Kaley Thompson—the CAA Rookie of the Year—transferred to Michigan.
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

Cletus wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:53 am
8meterPA wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:56 am Remember last off season literally the only story was the transfer of C. North and how that was going to propel BC? Amazing how the narrative has changed this year with a lot of big names in the portal and BC not in discussion for top 15.
There was also GK Rachel Hall from Oregon and Bridget Simmons from UAlbany transferring to BC. Yep--BC was the main attraction last offseason with the three transfers. It was obvious that BC didn't consider Ngai the GK to help them become a threat to win a title in the future.

Other moves that weren't as exciting...

Sabrina Cristodero transferred from Florida to Hofstra. Good player. Strong on DC's, GB's and CTO's.

Elon’s Kaley Thompson—the CAA Rookie of the Year—transferred to Michigan.
Cristodero and Hall were HUGE huge transfers. Cristodero is an extremely underrated player who joined a Hofstra program that was already beginning to surge in 2019—very interesting storyline that was continuing into this year as Hofstra started to make noise. Hall already had an impressive list of accolades after just her freshman year; I think BC was pretty happy with Ngai, but Hall isn't a kid you pass up, no matter who else you have. Maybe Charlotte North was the only transfer that anyone was talking about, but she sure shouldn't have been.

But I agree, it's interesting to see BC snag arguably the top two free agents last year and so far come up empty this year. IIRC, BC was also on a certain Floridian's short list a couple years back before she ultimately decided on UNC. It will be really interesting to see where BC heads from here. It feels like one bad season really changed how they're viewed in the DI landscape. Fortunately they've already got a stable full of talent that could get them back to the top, and it's not a difficult place to recruit to.
Cletus

Former JMU Duke Kelsey Reed to Ohio State

Post by Cletus »

Ohio State just got some veteran experience with 5' 5" midfielder Kelsey Reed, a 2x captain and member of the 2018 national championship team. Go Buckeyes!

livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

Ohio State is getting a grinder, very good athlete and great team leader in Kelsey Reed. The Dukes are going to miss her. OSU gets an immediate boost to their team and culture.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Piece on the Princeton Seniors.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

livelovelax wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:11 am Ohio State is getting a grinder, very good athlete and great team leader in Kelsey Reed. The Dukes are going to miss her. OSU gets an immediate boost to their team and culture.
That's great to hear. Thanks for the scouting report. Was she not able to play for the Dukes next year because of CAA rules or did she just want to transfer to Ohio State for other reasons?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:19 pm Piece on the Princeton Seniors.
Thanks for posting this. Nice effort by the Tiger staff.

I really feel for the kids: this is just not the way you want to go out. You want to know you are playing your last game, and breathe in the moment just a little, even in the heat of battle, and say "well here I am, this was fun, out here on a green field with all my sisters, and my mom and dad watching." Yes, this is a first world problem, but it still kind of breaks my heart for these kids.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Virginia adds High Point grad transfer Meredith Chapman for 2021
Caddy Day
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Heard another big name in portal going to share time with a top transfer. If true rich keep getting richer.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

WOW ... always amazed at how small the lax community really is. That decision is hot off the presses. Nicely played.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:31 pm WOW ... always amazed at how small the lax community really is. That decision is hot off the presses. Nicely played.
Very true!
Shellax

Post by Shellax »

So who is it?
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Are the initials KB?
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:22 pm Are the initials KB?
Yes!
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:31 pm Old but whatever. Duke Women’s Lacrosse Adds Rosenzweig for 2020-21
Duke also returning seniors Cordrey and Humphrey to keep their starting lineup fully intact.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”