Northwestern 15 Notre Dame 11

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Lacrossetheworld

Northwestern 15 Notre Dame 11

Post by Lacrossetheworld »

Northwestern lead by up to six goals at times during the game. Mallory Weisse had a GREAT game after her third game back in the starting slot. Selena Lasota with 5 goals, Izzy scane with 3 (I think). Hope Ally Palermo recovers from her injury - a one woman clear.
wlaxnut

Re: Northwestern 15 Notre Dame 11

Post by wlaxnut »

Lacrossetheworld wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:25 pm Northwestern lead by up to six goals at times during the game. Mallory Weisse had a GREAT game after her third game back in the starting slot. Selena Lasota with 5 goals, Izzy scane with 3 (I think). Hope Ally Palermo recovers from her injury - a one woman clear.
Yep, Scane had 3, as did Gilbert, with McKone chipping in a couple. They look good. One wonders what would have happened with Maryland if the weather didn’t change the venue. The Big 10 conference championship will be very interesting this year. Northwestern will have to beat Michigan again. If they’re successful, they’ll have another chance to finally get the turtle off their back.
seacoaster

Re: Northwestern 15 Notre Dame 11

Post by seacoaster »

I made the mistake of watching the first half of the UNC Scoring Festival, and missed the first half of this game, so I watched it this AM. Again, whoever draws Northwestern in whatever tournament and at whatever venue better come ready to play. They just run you into the ground.

The first half of this game featured, I thought, very poor shot selection by UND, which helped Weisse gain confidence through the game. Stick-side high and stick-side off hip; did Notre Dame miss the film that Weisse is a lefty? Maybe a good "come to Touchdown Jesus" for Notre Dame?

The Notre Dame venue looks like a great place to watch a game. I love that Klockner-like hillside on the far side of the field.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”