Stony Brook 12 JHU 9

D1 Womens Lacrosse
wlaxnut

Stony Brook 12 JHU 9

Post by wlaxnut »

Stony Brook proving again that they can play with and beat the middle tier ranked teams. Good game. It was tight until SB took control toward the end of the 2nd half.

Ally Kennedy clearly the leader for the Seawolves. She finished with 4 goals 2 assists 1 GB 1 CT. She does a lot of things well.

Just like against NU, Hopkins again didn’t play well in the second half and made some costly turnovers and poor decisions with the ball. Blue Jays still in a decent position to take the 4th and final spot for the Big 10 conference playoffs barring a real collapse against Ohio St and Penn St. Not sure of their secured place in The Tournament just yet.

Amateurish production for the most part but certainly watchable as the camerawork wasn’t too bad. Field mics to start the game loud to the point of distortion, not to mention distraction. Play-by-play guy was good though not completely up on the rules.
seacoaster

Re: Stony Brook 12 JHU 9

Post by seacoaster »

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this; Spillina is a great coach and his women play hard and smart. Sorry I missed this game.

JHU looks bubble out for the big show??
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

Good question on JHU bubble status. We’ll get an idea as the first round of women's Division I bracketology is out today. Looking forward to that.

SB does play hard and smart. Good summation of their style. You can still catch the game, I’m pretty sure.

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/jhu/ ... Type=video
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:56 am I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this; Spillina is a great coach and his women play hard and smart. Sorry I missed this game.
Good coach, but he needs to talk with his NY buddy the Don....Dark blue (almost black) suit with brown shoes? Come on man.... :mrgreen:
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:56 am
JHU looks bubble out for the big show??
With all the lists I looked at, they still look pretty good to make the big show. They’ve got Ohio State, Penn State and Maryland remaining. Good chance they’ll go 2-1. That’ll put them in pretty good shape for getting in.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:06 am
seacoaster wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:56 am I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this; Spillina is a great coach and his women play hard and smart. Sorry I missed this game.
Good coach, but he needs to talk with his NY buddy the Don....Dark blue (almost black) suit with brown shoes? Come on man.... :mrgreen:
"There's no excuse for wearing an ill-fitted suit." The brown shoes are, well, unforgivable.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”