D1 Womens Lacrosse
laxorangebookworm

Re: WLax Broadcasts and Publications: Comments/Reviews

Post by laxorangebookworm »

Don't forget dangerous propulsion...
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

laxorangebookworm wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:49 pm Is that like wind energy or something? :?
take it to the politics board.....
Badlands

Post by Badlands »

laxorangebookworm wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:49 pm :?
Dr. Tact wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:34 pm
Badlands wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:22 pm
LaxDad23 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:33 pm Can't remember which game I was watching, but it seemed any foul inside the 8 was announced as shooting space, even when a shooter was put on the deck with a cross-check.

Not sure if they are confusing the ref's hand signal to stop the clock with shooting space (or for you purists... obstruction of free space to the goal) which from a distance might look similar. Ah, heck, maybe they just don't know ;)
They definitely don’t know. I often hear any foul that results in a free position (free possession/propulsion?) referred to as shooting space.
free propulsion :lol:
Is that like wind energy or something? :?
I think it has to do with breaking wind, but it’s definitely caused by shooting space, which if you haven’t read the rule book is where the defender doesn’t give the offensive player enough space to shoot.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Badlands wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:58 pm
laxorangebookworm wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:49 pm :?
LaxDad23 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:33 pm Can't remember which game I was watching, but it seemed any foul inside the 8 was announced as shooting space, even when a shooter was put on the deck with a cross-check.

Not sure if they are confusing the ref's hand signal to stop the clock with shooting space (or for you purists... obstruction of free space to the goal) which from a distance might look similar. Ah, heck, maybe they just don't know ;)
They definitely don’t know. I often hear any foul that results in a free position (free possession/propulsion?) referred to as shooting space.
Is that like wind energy or something? :?
I think it has to do with breaking wind, but it’s definitely caused by shooting space, which if you haven’t read the rule book is where the defender doesn’t give the offensive player enough space to shoot.
Ah, wait, no way, you're kidding...he didnt say what I think he did, did he?...(Channeling M.Mathers)

no lax princesses break wind.... :oops:
laxorangebookworm

Post by laxorangebookworm »

I came for the jokes and garbage. Stayed for the in depth analysis! 8-)
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

It's Bernie's attempt to win the wlax community vote.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Cletus

BTN Plus for Replays

Post by Cletus »

I've been watching a few replays here and there on BTN plus. One of the useful features on the player is slow motion. Comes in handy when taking another look at a remarkable play. The 10 second FF or REV features are also very nifty. Currently making my way through Delaware at Rutgers from way back in Feb 15, 2020. Very decent broadcast overall. Two knowledgable guys in the booth (Lou Brogno and Ralph Bednarczyk) and decent camerawork for the competitive play on the field on a sunny day in Joizey.
Cletus

Full Game Replays through Twitter

Post by Cletus »

There's a nifty way to watch full game replays through Twitter. Sometimes scrolling back on a teams Twitter feed to gameday announcements has a link to a full replay of the game, especially with teams like Johns Hopkins that have their own network (HopTV). Click the mini TV icon.
Links.png
Links.png (114.44 KiB) Viewed 2803 times
Dr. Tact

Re: Full Game Replays through Twitter

Post by Dr. Tact »

Cletus wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:53 am There's a nifty way to watch full game replays through Twitter. Sometimes scrolling back on a teams Twitter feed to gameday announcements has a link to a full replay of the game, especially with teams like Johns Hopkins that have their own network (HopTV). Click the mini TV icon.Links.png
Nice Catch Cletus!
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Has anyone ever seen Cletus and Wlaxnut in the same room at the same time? just asking...
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

8meterPA wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:51 am Has anyone ever seen Cletus and Wlaxnut in the same room at the same time? just asking...
I have, but there were mirrors on the wall....
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

8meterPA wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:51 am Has anyone ever seen Cletus and Wlaxnut in the same room at the same time? just asking...
Based on recent Twitter activity, I'm assuming they are one and the same.
Cletus

ACCN rebroadcast

Post by Cletus »

The ACC Network rebroadcast the 2016 national championship game between UNC and Maryland the other day. Very satisfying win for Tar Heels fans. ACC Network will hopefully be broadcasting more games from the past. That's one of the great things about sports on YouTube TV. Once I program it to record all women's lacrosse broadcasts (regardless of channel or network) they just automatically show up in my library. Nifty feature. In any event, Aly Messinger was the hero for the Heels in this game, scoring 2 and setting up 4 others.
Cletus

BC vs Syracuse 2019 regular season in dome

Post by Cletus »

Who knew? There are complete games hidden here and there on YouTube. This is a dilly from the Big Three era for Boston College. Not such a good game for Orange fans though...

https://youtu.be/XdfLSd73jhY
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Game that cost both of these teams the NC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALVg2tlwED8
Turtles Lax

Huh?

Post by Turtles Lax »

TL wonders how this game cost both teams the Natty ‘Ship?

Explain, please.

Thx!

Peace, out.

TL
Cletus

Re: Huh?

Post by Cletus »

Turtles Lax wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:11 am TL wonders how this game cost both teams the Natty ‘Ship?

Explain, please.

Thx!

Peace, out.

TL
I didn’t make the original comment, which I understand by the way, but I think it’s because it was a double overtime game and a very emotional win so there wasn’t enough gas left in the tank for the final game.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Cletus wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:33 am
Turtles Lax wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:11 am TL wonders how this game cost both teams the Natty ‘Ship?

Explain, please.

Thx!

Peace, out.

TL
I didn’t make the original comment, which I understand by the way, but I think it’s because it was a double overtime game and a very emotional win so there wasn’t enough gas left in the tank for the final game.
Yes. That's it. I think both of these teams -- UNC and BC of 2019 -- were better than Maryland 2019. Don't get upset, now; your team won the trophy and nothing I say changes that or makes light of it or disses it or gaslights it or lessens its historic importance as a testimonial to all that is the Free State and your "Laxchix". Vade in pace -- please.

Do I need a lawyer? A public relations/crisis person?
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:13 pm I think both of these teams -- UNC and BC of 2019 -- were better than Maryland 2019. Don't get upset, now; your team won the trophy and nothing I say changes that or makes light of it or disses it or gaslights it or lessens its historic importance as a testimonial to all that is the Free State and your "Laxchix". Vade in pace -- please.
I agree completely. I felt the same way. Maryland had an elite GK and an elite system and coach--but they did not have the talent that certainly BC had, and to a lesser degree UNC, (although I think UNC should have won that semi vs BC. They had the better chances in OT but they choked. And Hennessey choked in goal on the ultimate game-winner as well.)

I also agree that nothing takes away from Maryland's accomplishment in 2019. To the contrary, it was a gritty Maryland win, which they are very good at. With Reese at the helm, the Terps can beat you in the big game even if you have more talent.

And seacoaster, again, entertaining writing. Thank you for what you consistently contribute to these boards.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Cletus wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:51 pm
seacoaster wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:13 pm I think both of these teams -- UNC and BC of 2019 -- were better than Maryland 2019. Don't get upset, now; your team won the trophy and nothing I say changes that or makes light of it or disses it or gaslights it or lessens its historic importance as a testimonial to all that is the Free State and your "Laxchix". Vade in pace -- please.
I agree completely. I felt the same way. Maryland had an elite GK and an elite system and coach--but they did not have the talent that certainly BC had, and to a lesser degree UNC, (although I think UNC should have won that semi vs BC. They had the better chances in OT but they choked. And Hennessey choked in goal on the ultimate game-winner as well.)

I also agree that nothing takes away from Maryland's accomplishment in 2019. To the contrary, it was a gritty Maryland win, which they are very good at. With Reese at the helm, the Terps can beat you in the big game even if you have more talent.

And seacoaster, again, entertaining writing. Thank you for what you consistently contribute to these boards.
Kind words. I really miss our game.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”