Landmark 2019

D3 Mens Lacrosse
laxguru123

Re: Landmark 2019

Post by laxguru123 »

What an embarrassment, interested to see how Abplanalp responds today. Wouldn't be surprised if he carries Susquehanna to the championship game.
BigMad

Post by BigMad »

Landmark Semi-Finals predictions:

Etown 10, Catholic 9
Susquehanna 12, Scranton 10

Etown/Catholic could go either way. Catholic seems to have Etown's number in the regular season so it'll be interesting to see how Etown adjusts from their regular season match up. Catholic also hasn't played in 2 weeks, after ending their season with two losses. Who knows if the time off helps or hurts the Cardinals.

Scranton can put up some points and certainly had Susquehanna's number the first go around. Their performance against mutual opponents the last month of the season was incredibly similar including close wins against Catholic and anemic offensive outputs in a loss to Etown. Don't ask my why but my gut tells me Susquehanna pulls it off.

Regarding the All-Conference teams and health of the conference overall. It's encouraging to see some teams improve the quality of their out-of-conference schedules... let's hope this continues. There's lots of deserving players for individual accolades and someone is always going to be left out.
LaxCrusader1

Post by LaxCrusader1 »

To think that Moan did not lobby for his 4-year starting goalie and senior captain for 1st team all-conference and defensive player of the year is ridiculous. Coaches can't vote for their own players, not to mention that Mahoney had the "defensive POTY" in front of him as well as another 2nd team all-conference defenseman.

IMO this just goes to show that most of the Landmark coaches don't vote for who the best players are, they vote in order to get the results they want. Not necessarily what is right. Abplanalp should have been in consideration for all-american this year, and thanks to the - frankly - terrible decision making by the landmark coaches, the best goalie this conference has ever had won't have a chance at AA his senior year. Why do I say he's the best goalie this conference has ever seen, you may ask? Well, not only was he rookie of the year his freshman year, 2nd team all-conference his sophomore year, 1st team all-conference AND all-region his junior year, but he also SHATTERED the all-time saves number in the landmark this year. Led the league in saves, save percentage, games played, games started, and minutes. But becuase Mahoney GAA was 0.13 better (again because the the defenders in front of him) he gets the 1st team nod??? Disgraceful...
Laxdad1960

Post by Laxdad1960 »

But Dylan gets the last laugh....unbelievable night.....18 saves in a winning effort.

Take that Landmark coaches....best goalie the leagues has ever seen stole it.

On to the Championship.....
BigMad

Post by BigMad »

Congrats to Etown and Susquehanna on their impressive performances tonight. Susquehanna played like a team with a 1st team All-Conference sized chip on their soldier. Etown looked like they studied the film from their first match up and game planned perfectly. Saturday should be a great game!
laxguru123

Post by laxguru123 »

What a win last night by Susquehanna. Dick was dominate with 4 goals and a assist. Defense was stout and made big plays at key times! And most certainly Abplanalp proved every coach in the conference wrong last night and has now gotten Susquehanna back in the championship game. Kid looks pissed off, playing with huge chip on his shoulder and playing with some serious swagger. Wouldn't want to have to play him right now. Two excellent defenses face off on Saturday and expecting a low scoring affair, however both teams have some offensive fire power with Donnelly and Dick for Susquehanna and the midfield and Scrafano for Etown. Looking forward to an exciting championship!
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

Looking forward to a great game tomorrow for Landmark final. Susquehanna playing for respect and just another conference finals for E’town.
With a pissed off Abplanalp I don’t see a high scoring game.
Finals prediction:
Susquehanna 6 E’town 2.
Go Hawks!!!
BigMad

Post by BigMad »

Suskypride wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:08 pm Looking forward to a great game tomorrow for Landmark final. Susquehanna playing for respect and just another conference finals for E’town.
With a ticked off Abplanalp I don’t see a high scoring game.
Finals prediction:
Susquehanna 6 E’town 2.
Go Hawks!!!
While I agree that Susquehanna is playing for respect I assure you it's not "just another conference finals" for anyone at this point. Etown knows that Susquehanna is coming into this game angry and with something to prove. The Jay's also have a chance to become the Landmark's first ever threepeat conference champ. No one is taking this game lightly.

As for the game itself I agree it's going to be a low scoring affair, and think it will be determined by who starts off the hottest. If Etown can get on the board early I could see Susquehanna start to lose some of the emotional steam that propelled them to beat up on Scranton. Conversely, if they take the lead early I could see them ride Abplanalp's hot hand to the championship.

Prediction:
Etown 8
Susquehanna 6
Laxdad1960

Post by Laxdad1960 »

BigMad wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 5:41 pm
Suskypride wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:08 pm Looking forward to a great game tomorrow for Landmark final. Susquehanna playing for respect and just another conference finals for E’town.
With a ticked off Abplanalp I don’t see a high scoring game.
Finals prediction:
Susquehanna 6 E’town 2.
Go Hawks!!!
While I agree that Susquehanna is playing for respect I assure you it's not "just another conference finals" for anyone at this point. Etown knows that Susquehanna is coming into this game angry and with something to prove. The Jay's also have a chance to become the Landmark's first ever threepeat conference champ. No one is taking this game lightly.

As for the game itself I agree it's going to be a low scoring affair, and think it will be determined by who starts off the hottest. If Etown can get on the board early I could see Susquehanna start to lose some of the emotional steam that propelled them to beat up on Scranton. Conversely, if they take the lead early I could see them ride Abplanalp's hot hand to the championship.

Prediction:
Etown 8
Susquehanna 6
Completely agree. The hot early hand will take this game. Both defenses are too good to let a big run happen late. Should be a fun game.
Laxdad1960

Post by Laxdad1960 »

Congrats to E-town. They had it all working today and outplayed SU in just about every facet... worthy champions....
BigMad

Post by BigMad »

Congrats to Etown on a great performance today. They've become the Landmark's first ever three time conference champ, going back-to-back-to-back. An impressive run... Hopefully they continue to represent the conference well in the NCAAs, they've certainly played a tough enough out of conference schedule to prepare for it.
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

How is it the best Goalie in the Conference doesn't have a Championship? I guess the coaches know more than you think. If Stats matter to you were do 3 Championships fall and losing 4 0ut of 5 times and 2 of them for Championships two years in a row to E-town.
Laxdad1960

Post by Laxdad1960 »

Read your own post again Laxbro and this might become apparent to you. A Individual honor doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with team success now does it? Or did you really want all of the individual honors to go to Etown over the last 3 years? Would that have made you happier?
laxin1323

Post by laxin1323 »

He’s still the best goalie in the conference and perhaps the best that this conference has ever seen...... HIS stats speak for themselves as well as the records that he broke or tied in the landmark! So yes, laxbro he still should have been 1st team all conference. Last time I checked there is more than just a goalie on the field in a game. Championships mean nothing as far as who the better individual player is.
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

I guess I should have directed my question to Laxguru123 who stated that SU Goalie won the game in Scranton and how he brought us to Championship game. I agree its a Total team game. Just feel that there are a lot of good kids playing that never receive the recognition and contribute tremendously to there teams success. Just wanted to stop hearing someone go on and on about one player and complaining about it. Donelly is a good player too. Im sure every team has a complain about the awards. I didnt see anyone else bitching on forum.

Let me know if this is just a SU forum and I will be glad to never question another thing. Wanted to hopefully hear from other teams. I posted to see how long it would take for a SU to pounce on me about question. You didnt disappoint me LOL
BigMad

Post by BigMad »

With Etown's loss to Amherst the 2019 Landmark season is officially over. Amherst opened the game on a 10-1 run in the first quarter, which proved to be too much for the Jays to overcome. Credit to Etown's players and coaching staff for battling back after the first quarter, going 8-11 the rest of the way for a 21-9 final. Tough loss, but there's plenty for the Jays to be proud of this year including how the battled back against a very strong opponent.

I've enjoyed chatting Landmark lacrosse with you all this year. Hopefully there will be enough to keep us entertained as we enter college lacrosse "silly season" with the potential coaching carousels, transfers, and recruiting.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

Juniata to add men’s lacrosse 2021.
Anyone with more intel??
Laxdad1960

Post by Laxdad1960 »

Looks like the '22 year of competition.

Full release here:
http://www.juniatasports.net/general/20 ... 0613o99h40

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”