Washington College 2019

D3 Mens Lacrosse
admin
Site Admin

Washington College 2019

Post by admin »

Jack Winters. A good pick-up. Talented Philly kid.
mdline

Re: Washington College 2019

Post by mdline »

What's the word out of Chestertown? Is this a year that WAC takes steps towards being back?
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

The 2018 team was better than the W/L record indicates.The Shoremen took the two best teams in the South region to the wire. OT with the Gulls. And showed tremendous heart in both games. In the Salisbury game Casey Grieves stood eye to eye with the D 3 Defensive POY and refused to back down. Both men got 60 seconds for the disagreement.

In 2014 the Shoremen showed well against the Gulls in the NCAA semis. WAC was coming off a bruising squeaker over the Mustangs in the quarters. A game marked by unsportsmanlike conduct and tirades from the Mustang coach that continued after the game ended.

For 2019 to be a breakout year senior leadership has to step up. Tough conference and a lot of legit contenders in the South.
WASHFAN

Post by WASHFAN »

Spot on Mrlax2u. If the ball bounces differently in one of those, and they clean up two disappointing losses to Haverford and Swarthmore they look much different. A win against W&L or CNU could give the Sho’men the momentum they need for conference play. One program note: the coaches have really upped their recruiting game, They are increasing both intensity and footprint!
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

Greetings WASHFAN;
Nice to see WOTS contested Saturday afternoon in April.
Fingers crossed: both teams undefeated, student fans whipped up and partisan crowds filling the stands.
RileyFord/Apgar on Grieves depending where he sits: Gulls in a full ride; Crazy back and forth
Can Gull D hold Sho' men < 14
WASHFAN

Post by WASHFAN »

I’m very curious to see if they can improve a few percentage points at F/O, and who will step up in Goal. WOTS in April, cherry blossoms, full stands, two undefeated teams....heaven on earth..
mdline

Post by mdline »

Any scrimmages for the Shoremen before the season opener with Berry?
mdline

Post by mdline »

Berry gave the Gulls everything they could handle and more in a scrimmage over the weekend, losing a close one. Evidently a tough, physical game that was essentially even heading into the final q. Berry should be a good test for WAC right out of the gate.
YCOLaxFanSU

Post by YCOLaxFanSU »

Berry gave the Gulls everything they could handle and more in a scrimmage over the weekend, losing a close one. Evidently a tough, physical game that was essentially even heading into the final q. Berry should be a good test for WAC right out of the gate.
It wasn't a scrimmage. It was the first game of the season for both teams.
WASHFAN

Post by WASHFAN »

Anyone hear how the Shoreman Scrimmage vs VMI and Albion went?
mdline

Post by mdline »

Reported score was 10-9 in favor of VMI.
WASHFAN

Post by WASHFAN »

Thank you. I misspoke about the other team. It was supposed to be Arcadia not Albion. Heard the Shomen looked good, but still need further work on both O and D. I wish I could get info around goalie situation and FO..
mdline

Post by mdline »

Took Berry 21-12 today. That’s a good start - certainly came out of the gate hot as they had a lead of 7 or 8 before Berry got on the board.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Yes. Strong showing indeed.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
WASHFAN

Post by WASHFAN »

Really liked the sense of urgency in the O. Last year they might have been too unselfish. Thought the freshman Park looked good at the X particularly for his first college game. D gets a hard test this weekend, gonna try to make it to the shore for the game.
WCnotWAC

Post by WCnotWAC »

Looks like a tough schedule, with six currently-ranked opponents and no out of conference pushovers. The seniors will have to step up in more ways than one.
WASHFAN

Post by WASHFAN »

Big test for the Shomen on Sat. I’m headed to Ctown to dodge raindrops and watch. Wonder if Witherell will be available to the Generals?
WASHFAN

Post by WASHFAN »

Okay, not the Shomen showing I was hoping for but still great to watch Lax in C-town. My uniformed observations:
F/O-Wing play was rough, Clears need some hard work, the D played loose in first half but became very physical in second. GBs were hard to come by in first half, but we tuned up on that. WL goalie was fantastic, and their O mids were a little faster than our D mids, creating earlier slides and switch/mismatches. Would have liked to see more GLE oriented shots, we seemed to have that figured out, but forcing to the crease created 4-5 turnovers. Have to get Grieves freed up. He had a personal defender who accompanied him everywhere, probably going to class with him on Monday. I think Del Rosario played well, and will season into a strong goalie.
mdline

Post by mdline »

Some good signs and some areas that need work for sure. Centennial Conf play looks to be a tough road this year - emergence of Ursinus noted. Will hope the team's trend is a positive one!
WestCoast3311

Post by WestCoast3311 »

Shirk last won with JBs recruits .There’s nothing brewing down in c-town. Kids who once would play at WAC when they were contenders ended up at places like high point and furman etc... the current kids they have do not know the tradition or culture of winning because the product they have seen is sub par over that last 6-7 years.

York, sals, gburg, and the lot win the war for talent. When we’re excited about beating berry because they played the gulls tight....I fear The ship has sailed.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”