W&L 2019

D3 Mens Lacrosse
thescottharris

Re: W&L 2019

Post by thescottharris »

When did WFXR (local FOX affiliate in Roanoke) start covering D3 sports? I've never seen them once at a game before and now they covering ODAC Lax tournament? Interesting, not that I'm complaining.
minkhoo

Post by minkhoo »

Weaver played for W&L but did not register a stat. Mulholland dressed but had big knee brace.
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

thescottharris wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:48 pm When did WFXR (local FOX affiliate in Roanoke) start covering D3 sports? I've never seen them once at a game before and now they covering ODAC Lax tournament? Interesting, not that I'm complaining.
MAGA, LOL

valaxfan
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

valaxfan wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:33 pm https://www.virginiafirst.com/news/odac ... 1981877580

For those, like myself, who was not able to see the winning score, here is a nice recap of that great shot by #11.

valaxfan
Western sideline view of the winning play.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxKVud6ntB_/

valaxfan
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

valaxfan wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:50 pm
valaxfan wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:33 pm https://www.virginiafirst.com/news/odac ... 1981877580

For those, like myself, who was not able to see the winning score, here is a nice recap of that great shot by #11.

valaxfan

valaxfan
Says not available when I click on it
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Glad it’s unavailable. Hard enough to see on 1st video angle..😵

Keep it at 22 tonight.. maybe grow the game and let piedmont scores a few..
Hope Weaver is back for game (York for sure..)
overandback

Post by overandback »

How did you get Piedmont and Gettysburg get St JF?
Recount!
Cnoll

Post by Cnoll »

Geography
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

thescottharris wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 6:26 pm

valaxfan

valaxfan

Scott I just copied the link just as it is in instagram so and it just worked for me so not sure what is going on.

valaxfan
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

valaxfan wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:33 pm
thescottharris wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 6:26 pm

valaxfan

valaxfan

Scott I just copied the link just as it is in instagram so and it just worked for me so not sure what is going on.

valaxfan
scott, copy and paste it, don't click on it, that is the issue. The / at the end is missing when you click on it.

valaxfan
LuvNPhillyLax

Post by LuvNPhillyLax »

Any word on Saturday game details? PA-based inquiring minds want to know...
GeorgeAndBob

Post by GeorgeAndBob »

York should be a fun game. It is set for 5pm in the "first capital of the US." The early season game was close, but not particularly crisp for either squad. Both teams had 25 turnovers. It is likely only marginally predictive at this point in the season. AJ was 1/8 shooting that day, Boxley was 0/5, and Mize had not made his first appearance yet. Face-offs were 0.47:0.53, so not the advantage the Generals enjoyed for most of the rest of the season. S. Kriss did not play in that game, although the impact of this is unclear. J. Taylor played well with 16 saves -- only giving up 7 goals. York was 0/3 on man-up which at the time seemed like an aberration, but they are only 30% for the year. They were 2/7 against Salisbury last week. Their goalie - Michael - only made 8 saves against 21 shots.

Missing Mulholland is a problem. He is the best one-on-one dodger of the first line midfield. Perhaps more importantly, the chemistry was disrupted at times. Whether it was Zusi or running TW out of the box, it did not seem as fluid as it had become in the latter half of the season. I was impressed with Greenspon during his time at attack. I would not be surprised if he spends the next two years there. Having two predominantly left handed players did not cause a problem. Maybe we will see some more Cannon at O. middie given the depth at D. middie.

Hopefully the weather will be good in the White Rose City for the next chapter in what has been a great season.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Great combo on attack with Mize, Greenspon and AJ. Bump Taylor if need be up top to the mid line. Coach K is great at matchups and chose not to pole Taylor, says something right there.... AJ showing up top I thought was a good choice despite #3 from Lynchburg doing such a good job. Mulholland if out is a significant loss.Hodgson needs a big day against Sasso who only won 4 to himself in his last game against the Generals. He is vulnerable to being pressured if he does win it.
GeorgeAndBob

Post by GeorgeAndBob »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:53 am Great combo on attack with Mize, Greenspon and AJ. Bump Taylor if need be up top to the mid line. Coach K is great at matchups and chose not to pole Taylor, says something right there.... AJ showing up top I thought was a good choice despite #3 from Lynchburg doing such a good job. Mulholland if out is a significant loss.Hodgson needs a big day against Sasso who only won 4 to himself in his last game against the Generals. He is vulnerable to being pressured if he does win it.
I still think subbing Weaver for Mize periodically is a nice change of pace. Weaver rides better as well. Looks like Mulholland is out for the season.
Dehuntshigwa’es

GeorgeAndBob wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:45 am
Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:53 am Great combo on attack with Mize, Greenspon and AJ. Bump Taylor if need be up top to the mid line. Coach K is great at matchups and chose not to pole Taylor, says something right there.... AJ showing up top I thought was a good choice despite #3 from Lynchburg doing such a good job. Mulholland if out is a significant loss.Hodgson needs a big day against Sasso who only won 4 to himself in his last game against the Generals. He is vulnerable to being pressured if he does win it.
I still think subbing Weaver for Mize periodically is a nice change of pace. Weaver rides better as well. Looks like Mulholland is out for the season.
Keep Mize in, Weaver in for #31. Thru 19 games #31 had 11 games with 6 for zero pts and 5 for 1 pt. That’s 57% of the time low production with 29 turnovers and shoots at 24%. Weaver has only had 1 pt or less in 8 games,(low production 47% ) and he gets less PT. BTW he shoots at 42% only has 17 turnovers and has 2 less gbs. I’d also point out Lynchburg had a ssdm on #31, smart move. Mize thru 19 games was shooting 43%, also getting better as a player with each game.Only 9 turnovers in 17 games for him ...W&L will need the best game by all participants, every possession will count might need to hold York to 10 or less. In trying to keep that first line intact Huber would get my vote,( don’t get one 😂) smart player, low turnovers and will play within himself.
GeorgeAndBob

Post by GeorgeAndBob »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:49 pm
GeorgeAndBob wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:45 am
Keep Mize in, Weaver in for #31. Thru 19 games #31 had 11 games with 6 for zero pts and 5 for 1 pt. That’s 57% of the time low production with 29 turnovers and shoots at 24%. Weaver has only had 1 pt or less in 8 games,(low production 47% ) and he gets less PT. BTW he shoots at 42% only has 17 turnovers and has 2 less gbs. I’d also point out Lynchburg had a ssdm on #31, smart move. Mize thru 19 games was shooting 43%, also getting better as a player with each game.Only 9 turnovers in 17 games for him ...W&L will need the best game by all participants, every possession will count might need to hold York to 10 or less. In trying to keep that first line intact Huber would get my vote,( don’t get one 😂) smart player, low turnovers and will play within himself.
Agree with your first sentiment. We may get that tomorrow, but with #31 playing middie. I'd bump Cannon up rather than Huber just for his ability to shoot, particularly with time and room.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Getting my MAGA ( make assists great again!!!!)hat out for Hamil 39 assists ytd placing him within the top ten for career assists, believe he will catch Kiegler in the 3 spot before he graduates. Great numbers for a mid!
publaxguy

Post by publaxguy »

Couple notes from the sideline -wow Mize is explosive. That kids got the sauce. Look forward to seeing more from him in the future.

Generally mistake free half (minus 1 inexplicable t/o at x), just not putting out shots on the cage and forcing the goalie to make saves.

I believe we have lost every single clamp at the faceoff. We will need to continue scrapping for the secondary GB chances to keep possession time even.

Go blue
Dehuntshigwa’es

5-4 York, 4 min left 2nd qtr. Generals are doubling too early just show yourself. York has 3 goals due to doubling 2 passes later step down shots for goals. No reason to have slid. ....Hodgson is struggling vs Sasso. Mize ties it up going into the half 5-5. Taylor goalie is playing great 👍. Is AJ in the witness protection program,haven’t heard his name.first 5 min of the third may set the tone!!!
Anyone watching this help me out why the double??? They are getting killed doing it another step down for a goal 10-12 yds out. Anyone else see this,or am I flat wrong.D is out of sync. Generals will be in trouble if they go 3 down. 9-7
Starting 4th qtr, Hodgson needs to dominate this qtrAJ step up.
12-8 can’t win a face off it ain’t looking good. D and faceoffs hurt(40% Hodgson won 2 to himself) today Sasso had 11 gbs to himself. Great careers by this senior class and great season overall. Generals return a lot next year, they will be in the hunt again( Mize has a big ceiling). Credit York for taking advantage of what W&L gave them good luck the rest of the way.
Dehuntshigwa’es

publaxguy wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:52 pm Couple notes from the sideline -wow Mize is explosive. That kids got the sauce. Look forward to seeing more from him in the future.

Generally mistake free half (minus 1 inexplicable t/o at x), just not putting out shots on the cage and forcing the goalie to make saves.

I believe we have lost every single clamp at the faceoff. We will need to continue scrapping for the secondary GB chances to keep possession time even.

Go blue

Shooting wasn’t their best, Greenspon was maybe 0 for 6 meaning missing the cage. At least 3-4 shots inside where the shooters didn’t change the plane. Generals played hard, Mize and Greenspon have big upside. Can’t help thinking what if Mulholland was able to play today, Generals missed him today. This is a young team in many ways. Were York’s attack all seniors?

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”