YORK 2019

D3 Mens Lacrosse
DeepPocket

Re: YORK 2019

Post by DeepPocket »

LaxFan11 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:44 pm ...Would expect Hvazda to be moved to attack in 2020. In 2018 when McGrath was injured he was moved down low and was a fantastic ball distributor over shooter which to me makes more sense than moving Ranck down...

.. Also don’t count out a big time shooter like Nate Johnny (played limited in 2019) with size to scratch the surface...
Perhaps you’re right. I know Hvazda thrived at attack, I just think a bump in size on the offensive side of the ball needs to occur. Hopefully everybody bulks up a bit over the summer, as young as this group is.

Speaking of size, I’m assuming Nate Johnny’s profile is off. It has him at 295 lbs?!? Maybe 205, either way, they’ll need someone with some mass taking draws. Any ideas on who slides into that hole?
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
LaxFan11

Post by LaxFan11 »

DeepPocket wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:57 am
LaxFan11 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:44 pm ...Would expect Hvazda to be moved to attack in 2020. In 2018 when McGrath was injured he was moved down low and was a fantastic ball distributor over shooter which to me makes more sense than moving Ranck down...

.. Also don’t count out a big time shooter like Nate Johnny (played limited in 2019) with size to scratch the surface...
Perhaps you’re right. I know Hvazda thrived at attack, I just think a bump in size on the offensive side of the ball needs to occur. Hopefully everybody bulks up a bit over the summer, as young as this group is.

Speaking of size, I’m assuming Nate Johnny’s profile is off. It has him at 295 lbs?!? Maybe 205, either way, they’ll need someone with some mass taking draws. Any ideas on who slides into that hole?
I would say 205-215 is more accurate lol. JT Kidd could have some success at the dot. He’s green when it comes to FOGO because he came in as an LSM but he held his own at the dot and could become more natural with more practice. Recruiting wise I was able to find a FOGO commit out of MD named Vinny Facciponti. Highlight film shows him having some size. Maybe a two pronged attack will work using Kidd for speed and the recruit when more size is needed. All in all, just a guess as I have no inside knowledge besides what’s observed at games as well as online stats.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

LaxFan11 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:38 am I would say 205-215 is more accurate lol. JT Kidd could have some success at the dot. He’s green when it comes to FOGO because he came in as an LSM but he held his own at the dot and could become more natural with more practice. Recruiting wise I was able to find a FOGO commit out of MD named Vinny Facciponti. Highlight film shows him having some size. Maybe a two pronged attack will work using Kidd for speed and the recruit when more size is needed. All in all, just a guess as I have no inside knowledge besides what’s observed at games as well as online stats.
Let’s hope. Finding a solid FOGO will be critical.
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

You guys are getting a pretty nice addition in Chandler Schmidt from Harford CC too. I first saw him in h/s a few years ago. He was extremely fun to watch. Very talented kid, he can play attack or midfield and is v good at creating matchup problems all over the field. Having played at a high level at Harford and getting the best poles, I imagine at worst, he should be able to step in and help with depth on offense. At the very best, he could even step in and be a difference maker on offense.
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Congrats to Matt Whitcher 18’ who potted his first goal for the MLL Atlanta Blaze in their win over Dallas this past week.
https://blaze.majorleaguelacrosse.com/n ... eek-3.aspx

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”