E8 2019

D3 Mens Lacrosse
richard

Re: E8 2019

Post by richard »

I sure would like to see Naz put up a good fight today. It would make things interesting for everybody as the next 2 weeks have some interesting games to be played.
Fisher Wick should be a good one. I'm hoping that the Wick offense comes up big. There have been signs this year with some good young talent. Same said for Fisher.

Let's go Wick.
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

Made both games. watched the Stevens naz game. Pretty sloppy early for stevens but they did come on strong in the second half left at 17-8 Stevens. made it over to fisher and got there in the 3rd quarter fisher was up 18-6. Watched the rest and it was all fisher until hartwick scored a few late.
Stevens and Fisher are clearly the top of the conference. Stevens offense is very good and come at you in different ways, but they could have scored 4-5 more goals in the first half. Sloppy turnovers for stevens. next week will be interesting. I have Stevens by 5-6 goals. high scoring affair is my prediction. 17-11 or 18-13
richard

Post by richard »

Ugh. I'm trying to find something good from this game. The only thing I can think is that you learn where you need to be and you put it behind quickly. SJF has obviously stepped up a lot from last year and are primed to give Stevens a run. Good for them. Wick needs to step up their ooc games so that they are ready for these types of games. It's the only way they can move on. In house games vs Elmira, Houghton and Sage won't do it nor will Potsdam,Farmingdale and Emanuel. They need some Liberty teams to give them a game or two.
viper

Post by viper »

Stevens managed to get by SJF 11-9 and I believe that gets them the top seed in the E8 tournament.
irish cardinal

Post by irish cardinal »

viper wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:08 pm Stevens managed to get by SJF 11-9 and I believe that gets them the top seed in the E8 tournament.
Correct. At the end of the week we will know how the tourney will fully shape. Either Naz or Alfred will be the fourth seed, depending on who wins.
richard

Post by richard »

Stevens- Naz. We will find out how much Naz has improved this season. Probably not enough to get a W today.
St JF- Wick. Fisher crushed Wick in the regular season. I don't see it as being so bad today but Fisher should cruise into the finals.

Stevens- Fisher should be a decent game in the finals. Again if Fisher wins it Stevens will put a wrench in pool C. As I said it is not such a big if. Fisher needs to step up their OOC schedule next year as do the other E8 teams.
viper

Post by viper »

richard wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 11:15 am Stevens- Naz. We will find out how much Naz has improved this season. Probably not enough to get a W today.
St JF- Wick. Fisher crushed Wick in the regular season. I don't see it as being so bad today but Fisher should cruise into the finals.

Stevens- Fisher should be a decent game in the finals. Again if Fisher wins it Stevens will put a wrench in pool C. As I said it is not such a big if. Fisher needs to step up their OOC schedule next year as do the other E8 teams.
Looked like a possible upset at the start as Naz jumped out to a 5-1 lead in the 1st quarter pushing Stevens around and forcing several bad decisions. However with less than a second in the half, Stevens took their first lead and despite Naz hanging around for much of the 3rd they couldn't recover and lost 17-12. Naz dominated faceoffs - and I expect SJF will do the same to Stevens in the final. As such Stevens has little room for error to retain their E8 Championship.
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

I'm sorry but Naz has a real problem happening in Rochester.
Two consecutive losing seasons of 5-12 and 7-11.
Don't be fooled with the slight improvement, of their 7 wins this year, all except Alfred, were against weak teams with losing records (Houghton, Sage, Elmira, Utica, UMass Boston, Brockport)

Once a proud lax tradition and alumni base the Flyers have been passed by RIT, St John Fisher, and most likely Geneseo.
irish cardinal

Post by irish cardinal »

TopShelf585 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:58 pm I'm sorry but Naz has a real problem happening in Rochester.
Two consecutive losing seasons of 5-12 and 7-11.
Don't be fooled with the slight improvement, of their 7 wins this year, all except Alfred, were against weak teams with losing records (Houghton, Sage, Elmira, Utica, UMass Boston, Brockport)

Once a proud lax tradition and alumni base the Flyers have been passed by RIT, St John Fisher, and most likely Geneseo.
Any thoughts as to why? The past two seasons they have also played a tough schedule that just isn't helping them in conference play.
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

irish cardinal wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 1:30 pm
Any thoughts as to why? The past two seasons they have also played a tough schedule that just isn't helping them in conference play.
I'll give you that their schedule was harder last year when they played in the Mustang Classic. They were dropped this year probably because they hadn't won a game in the two game event since 2015.

I've heard that they don't recruit as well as the other teams- Recruiting is a game changer at the D3 level. The days of real players showing up without knocking on doors is long gone. Unless you are competing for a National Championship every year you're not going to get the real players to come to your program without recruiting them hard.
irish cardinal

Post by irish cardinal »

Congrats to Fisher, absolutely dominated Stevens. Throws a wrench into pool c as well. :D
oldlaw

Post by oldlaw »

No pool C bid here. Loss to Roanoke and week out of conference schedule.
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

Actually a strong pool c candidate.
The ooc sos is strong enough. We will see
Merrick

Post by Merrick »

Their OOC is plenty strong, also top 15 all year. I would think a strong Pool C candidate
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

Fisher is a program on the rise. Great win and finally going to get some well deserved love.
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

TopShelf585 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 11:43 pm Fisher is a program on the rise. Great win and finally going to get some well deserved love.
I been watching them for a long time and always the bridesmaid. Good to see them breakthrough. Looks like their conference now!
richard

Post by richard »

Fisher is committed to their athletic program all around.
HappyGilmore

Post by HappyGilmore »

Agree. Good luck in NCAAs.
richard

Post by richard »

Fisher traveling to g-burg is too bad but it should be a good game. Gotta root for the Cardinals
viper

Post by viper »

richard wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 9:33 pm Fisher traveling to g-burg is too bad but it should be a good game. Gotta root for the Cardinals
No love for Stevens after a great year. Not sure why Gettysburg and F& M merit a spot over the Ducks.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”