ODAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Whodem52

Re: ODAC

Post by Whodem52 »

Keep pouring on the hate!! Now the real tourney begins! I for one like the draw the bugs got. Get to host and then play a team they are very familiar with. Going to have to play better to beat the gulls, but it can definitely be done!

I love how this forum is getting some life to it!!

Buzz buzz
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Whodem52 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:29 pm Keep pouring on the hate!! Now the real tourney begins! I for one like the draw the bugs got. Get to host and then play a team they are very familiar with. Going to have to play better to beat the gulls, but it can definitely be done!

I love how this forum is getting some life to it!!

Buzz buzz
Where’s the hate ?
Dehuntshigwa’es

thescottharris wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 2:59 pm Broderick takes it away from arguably the best middie in the ODAC then runs it right down the middle of the LC defense for the win. Wow.
Believe Allison checked the ball out of his stick for the TO
COGULL

Post by COGULL »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 9:52 pm Looks like Lynchburg would face Salisbury should both teams win. The 11-9 loss was misleading, Gulls totally dominated the game with 50 shots to 30 and dominated on face offs. The Hornets D considering did hold the Gulls to 11 and will have to again if they hope to win this contest. Can the bugs get to 13 or 14 goals?
Always a fun games between the Hornets & Gulls. I like SU's chances after seeing the Gull's D play York yesterday- In the game played earlier this season, Salisbury jumped out to I believe an 8-0 lead fell victim and lost momentum while trying to bleed the clock. It will be tough to get 13-14 w/ Malamphy at the X. Time will tell - Best time of the season is upon us !!
goodshotswillgo

Post by goodshotswillgo »

Here's a little something something for everyone on this fine Monday morning: https://twitter.com/WFXRsports/status/1 ... 6243364864
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

I see the agony of defeat😵
2 great games this year.
Congratulations W&L and supporters on this forum. Good luck in the tourney!
Dehuntshigwa’es

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:31 am I see the agony of defeat😵
2 great games this year.
Congratulations W&L and supporters on this forum. Good luck in the tourney!
Glad Lynchburg got in best 6 loss team I’ve ever seen. The Gulls best be not looking ahead,they were coasting the first time they played Lynchburg. I always believe it’s not who you play but when you play them. Right now the Hornets I’m sure are somewhat angry . They will need to do at least 45 % on face offs( can’t allow make it take lax) and your goalie needs to play big, with that I’m thinking this has the makings of a major upset.Coach K is one of the top D3 coaches, I believe he will formulate a solid game plan and make the right adjustments if need be. Expecting big games from Lombardo and Rodgers, good luck
Nothinbutthelax

My hopes too Dhunt..
Pretty sure York is not thrilled to see W&L again. tough to beat a team twice. Greenspon size at attack with AJ in front of goal is a winning formula.
WannaBeLaxer

Post by WannaBeLaxer »

If I recall, the freshman attack (Mize) did not play much or at all during the first game versus York. He has brought a different dynamic as well.
Dehuntshigwa’es

WannaBeLaxer wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:13 pm If I recall, the freshman attack (Mize) did not play much or at all during the first game versus York. He has brought a different dynamic as well.
i believe the third slot was by committee, Weaver, Boxley, Cooleen .... Mize has been a definite upgrade, shooting percentage, few turnovers, extremely efficient. Offsetting that is Mulholland the second best mid after Hamil is out.... Weaver did not play in this last game with Lynchburg don’t know his status. Another issue for the Generals has been their dominance at the dot. I would plan for a slightly different outcome against York with Sasso, 5’10 “ 220 lbs facing off. I’d take 50/50, the only person who’s had his number is Malamphey at Salisbury, twice. This means the Generals can’t take POSSESSIONS for granted and do the small fundamental things well( stop the bounce passes, did it again last week). Watched the CAC championship game, York really pressed out leaving everyone on an island I believe that may play to W&L’s advantage. Generals also went with a 10 man ride or deep zone at York ( hard to see on a webcast) not sure they will play that way and be open to 5 on 4 or 4 on 3’s this time around. Expecting a close game ...
whipsnake

Post by whipsnake »

Prediction:
LC advancing to the elite eight. W and L saying goodbye to their seniors this weekend, but luckily ending just in time for those sick spring parties. Don’t want mommy and daddy’s money to go to waste on those bathing suits.
oldlaw

Post by oldlaw »

Gee, aren’t you the fellow who said Lynchburg would roll over the Generals last week?
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

One note Charlie, Whipsnake. 6 posts, almost every one is anti W&L. Strong contribution to the discussion. But I would say in both 1 goal wins over Lynchburg, W&L definitely showed toughness.
whipsnake

Post by whipsnake »

I’m just a fan of schools that put the emphasis on STUDENT in student athlete. Schools like LC have players that realize college is a time for growth in the classroom and on the field. Not schools that are focused on who is meeting up with sorority sister Becky tonight.
Whiskeydog

Post by Whiskeydog »

Dude.... you are picking on the wrong school with that Student Athlete nonsense. I am incredibly proud of Lynchburg, but W&L is a top notch University in every way imaginable. Their academics are second to none and I have no doubt every athlete there is getting after it in the classroom. Please dial it back a little.
Nothinbutthelax

Gentlemen in royal blue..apologies.
Certainly NOT how anyone affiliated with Lynchburg Lacrosse handles themselves.
Whip, you embarrass yourself. You appear to be the ass in class.

Hoping LYN comes out on top tomorrow. Tall order. This is the time of year the Gulls ratchet it up.. LYN will need more at X and fear the Gulls size at defense will be a bugaboo for the bugs..

I like W&L chances. Hard rides and goal play is key. If they can play the same defense as they did vs. LYN they can advance

Best of luck in representing ODAC!
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

Classy, Nothinbut. I respect Lynchburg’s program and the way they play, and rooted for them through the 2015 playoffs. Success begets success and raises the profile of the conference. I wish both teams success and a third game at Wilson Field for the South semis would be epic.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

whipsnake wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:16 pm I’m just a fan of schools that put the emphasis on STUDENT in student athlete. Schools like LC have players that realize college is a time for growth in the classroom and on the field. Not schools that are focused on who is meeting up with sorority sister Becky tonight.
This dude and whodem52 make me ashamed to be a Lynchburg alumnus two times over.
oldlaw

Post by oldlaw »

Not that numbers are everything, but W&L had 283 ODAC Scholar Athletes in the list just announced.
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

31 members of the W&L men’s lacrosse team were honored as ODAC scholar athletes for winter term, including 4 with 4.0 averages.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”