ODAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Nothinbutthelax

Re: ODAC

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

That was a beat down.
LYN threw in a couple offensive wrinkles in preparation for W&L rematch.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:23 pm That was a beat down.
LYN threw in a couple offensive wrinkles in preparation for W&L rematch.
Hornets had an outlandish shooting performance. Not much the goalkeeper could have done on a lot of those!
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Shooters clinic, 67% shots on cage resulting in a 40% success rate. How about only TEN turnovers and as I said here previously here comes the face off crew of Delaney and koseter I expect both look to wear down Hodgson in the 3rd and 4th qtrs or try to....As a W&L fan not happy about this performance. Hornets looked very good!
This time of year leadership matters, LC has a rich Sr class of 13 players congrats on a great Sr night. Just hope that you played the best game of the year last night against HSC 😊. Generals will need to play at a minimum as well as they did last time these two played. AJ can’t wait until the4th qtr to get in gear, he needs to press and assert himself early on( # 3 LC defender did a great job) Should be another great contest, hoping that there is a Pool C available for the ODAC conference but I sincerely doubt it.
Nothinbutthelax

FO’s for LYN still the weakness. 2 seniors still can’t get it done with only freshman backup.. I just don’t see them holding W&L to less than 65%. Defense and man down has held up but 3 1 goal losses can be traced directly to giving those extra opportunities?.Hoping Coach K has a serious recruit or 2 committed.
Rogers 5 Gs on 10 shots, a assist, 4 CT’s and 2 GBs..Lord, please let him have similar stat line next weekend...and please allow the 2nd middie line production to continue.

Although 6 NASCAC teams should get in tourney history indicates travel limitations limit the from getting 4-5 at large bids.. the south bracket is weaker but needs to be rounded out..(right or wrong)
Ohio Wesleyan has 7 losses and although they played Denison tough I don’t expect them to win tourney or get bid
CNU has 6 losses and Salisbury looming next game... they also lost to Stevenson who LYN defeated. Very questionable..
Dickenson has 5 losses, F&M has 4 with Ursanis next game (LYN defeated F&M)...if Gettysburg wins it all will there be 3 at large bids out of centennial.
If LYN wins ODAC I believe W&L gets in.
If W&L wins LYN has 6 losses (CNU will have 7 in above scenario with Dickenson Lao having 6...)
Certainly a dilemma for the committee Dehunt... SOS, regional rankings head to head to head may see LYN get in (right or wrong)

One things for sure.. this ODAC finals game, barring an unthinkable upset, will be a barn burner!
Whodem52

Post by Whodem52 »

Watch out! Burg firing on all cylinders- losing to w&l was the best thing that could happen. Pumped the boys up and revved them up for biggest weekend of the year, until Memorial Day. HSC totally beaten down, good to see the bugs beat down on a team they have let stick around late and mess things up the past few seasons. Teams gotta get through Friday night first! I predict Roanoke loses tomorrow to RMC, the biggest win maybe in their recent history. I stated weeks ago that Coach Pilat had a nonrefundable vacation planned for this Friday- sure he would not want to lose that deposit.

Excited for this weekend, burg looked damn good last weekend but this is the one that matters! Nothing better than ringing the bell! Go bugs.. buzz...buzz
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Tigers didn't close the first half well or open the second half well either but looks like they are starting to pull away at 13-7 heading into the 4th. Hasn't been the best performance defensively and the Tigers have gotten lucky with a few shots going off the post/crossbar, but Arcuri is having a generally pretty good game in goal, though he he had an excruciating turnover late in the 2nd quarter to give up an easy BC goal.

And to open the 4th, back-to-back FOGO goals in 13 seconds, first from Gaunt then next from Brummett :lol:

John Burke with two assists thus far today, pushing his season total to 45 to break the H-SC single-season assist record set at 44 two years ago by Hunter Brown. Up to 75 points on the year as well, good for a tie in 4th.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Well Lindley is back for Noke. Guess that wasn't a season ending injury after all! He might be just enough to get Roanoke past R-MC tonight but don't really see getting him back being enough to make W&L sweat the game on Friday.

Nice 2nd half for H-SC to put away Bridgewater after playing like terribly in the second half against the Eagles in the regular season!
Dehuntshigwa’es

Roanoke takes down R MC in OT, Lindley made it back just in time. Could Sarro be next ( supposedly out for year with Achilles). Could Lindley and Davies without Sarro pull an upset? Can HSC cool off Lynchburg’s shooting stroke in this game, doubtful they can shoot at that rate again. HSC wins the Face-Off war and goalie gets hot you never know
Last edited by Dehuntshigwa’es on Wed May 01, 2019 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

thescottharris wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:23 pm Well Lindley is back for Noke. Guess that wasn't a season ending injury after all! He might be just enough to get Roanoke past R-MC tonight but don't really see getting him back being enough to make W&L sweat the game on Friday.

Nice 2nd half for H-SC to put away Bridgewater after playing like terribly in the second half against the Eagles in the regular season!
Roanoke should get smoked by W&L on Friday unless Davies puts on a God-tier performance in goal.

Tigers played better yesterday than in recent games but still just don't have the guns to go with Lynchburg. Should be closer this time because LC likely won't be shooting THAT damn good again, but Hornets should still win by a healthy margin, the young defense just isn't good enough yet to handle a team like Lynchburg. Hope to see the Tigers play tougher and win some more ground balls instead of getting abused there.
Nothinbutthelax

Can’t look past HSC and NOKE. Have to game plan and execute.
LYN has played back to back games twice this year and have good understanding of preparation and gaming them out..
Coach K has been platooning #7 Lewis & #10 Robinson on attack with #53 Adams’s & #55 Thomas.
Seems to me Lewis/Robinson at + 6’ 175lbs are better at dodging and going to goal vs. Adams/Thomas at 5’8 150 soaking wet..
Assuming no upsets W&L will pole 1st line middies and dodging from wings and x will be necessary so I’d like to see the bigger unit start and challenge the D..Robinson seems to rise against W&L too..
Hoping no injuries for either team!
Still thinking the finals loser gets an at large bid.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:53 am Can’t look past HSC and NOKE. Have to game plan and execute.
LYN has played back to back games twice this year and have good understanding of preparation and gaming them out..
Coach K has been platooning #7 Lewis & #10 Robinson on attack with #53 Adams’s & #55 Thomas.
Seems to me Lewis/Robinson at + 6’ 175lbs are better at dodging and going to goal vs. Adams/Thomas at 5’8 150 soaking wet..
Assuming no upsets W&L will pole 1st line middies and dodging from wings and x will be necessary so I’d like to see the bigger unit start and challenge the D..Robinson seems to rise against W&L too..
Hoping no injuries for either team!
Still thinking the finals loser gets an at large bid.
W&L 6th and Lynchburg 7th in the regional rankings so I believe it would take a lot of bid thiefing in conference tournaments for either to miss out as an at-large. Though admittedly I haven't done at on fo research on what the Pool C field is projected to be like.

H-SC and RC are ranked 16th and 17th respectively in the regional rankings so even if W&L or Lynchburg were to get upset, it would likely do little to no damage to their regional ranking, but does open up the door for Pool C teams to improve their resume while LC/W&L are sitting at home. Both should be hosting first-round games next Wednesday. At least I sure hope so in Lynchburg's case so I can work that game and make some more money as a hired gun :lol:.

Nice being able to show up to just do a task or two in-game and not have to deal with all the pre and post game stuff, especially for an NCAA Tournament game where the amount of work involved goes thru the roof. I put in an ungodly # of hours back in 2017 when H-SC hosted!
Dehuntshigwa’es

Hold the phone, DIII has his tourney selections posted on Twitter. Looks as though he had Lynchburg penciled in for a Pool C. I’m changing my vote on this topic, he’s had a great track record
Nothinbutthelax

Ha.. DIII does now his tourney pools. Can’t say he’s the best game picker...
Hearing it’s an alumni weekend and W&L will be packed.
I like that LYN played Mustang Classic making them accustom to that type atmosphere..🤞
Dehuntshigwa’es

Both W&L and Lynchburg need to focus Friday hopefully for a rematch on Saturday in the finals. HSC and Noke if they go down will go down swinging. Davies is capable of pulling a rabbit out of his hat and stoning shots plus Lindley is back( potential trap game). HSC is young but come in with nothing to lose you never know if their goalie gets hot or face off group can do 60% anything can happen. Should W&L and Lynchburg win definite advantage to the team that can go deep into the bench and reduce play time of starters. I see the NCAC conference does semi this Thursday with finals on Sunday a much better format what’s the reason again for going back to back ? Regarding pool C , looking like 3 nescac’s no matter who gains the AQ, 1 Centennial, Union, and 1 from the CAC, leaving 2 slots. There will be a lot of disappointed teams and much angst on this board Sunday after the announcements
Whodem52

Post by Whodem52 »

My favorite weekend of the year! Have to play great two days in a row to take home the trophy and avoid sweating over a pool c all day Sunday. Can’t look past semi finals tonight, but feel pretty good about how the burg handled hsc last week, the bugs historically improve from the last week to the ODAC tournament so I feel good about that. W&l should also take care of business against a not good Roanoke team, but the Davies influence definitely plays a wild card role. He was lights out vs the burg in the regular season and who knows- if he puts up crazy numbers and keeps them in it anything can happen. Coach K knows what he is doing scheduling several back to back games throughout the year all to prepare for this weekend. Tonight will he fun and tomorrow will be a battle. Should be fun and im looking forward to the bugs taking home the repeat !! Buzz buzz
Dehuntshigwa’es

11-2 W&L late third. Clear the bench and hydrate boyz
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Man, I said W&L would smoke Roanoke but good lord, not even Davies with the NES God mode cheat code would have given them a chance with that lack of offensive production.

How did Roanoke manage to get such little dynamic offensive playmakers that they can't be anything close to a decent offense if Sarro isn't on the field? I know he is an elite talent but the Roanoke of old would still be sporting a high caliber offense even without their best player because they were that deep with offensive talent. In their six Sarro-less games they have scored 3, 6, 16 (Shenandoah), 5, 9 (in overtime), and 3. They also only managed to get just 7 goals in the last three quarters against H-SC, the game in which he got injured.

Hampden-Sydney is rolling out a bunch of freshmen and sophomores all over the place and consistently produces a better offense than a Roanoke team whose top 10 scorers features 8 juniors and seniors. Hampden-Sydney has just six junior/senior offensive players who have managed to contribute 2+ points this year, and two of those only do it during garbage time.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Lightning delay for the Lynchburg H-SC game. New start time has not been set yet.
Dehuntshigwa’es

thescottharris wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:06 pm Man, I said W&L would smoke Roanoke but good lord, not even Davies with the NES God mode cheat code would have given them a chance with that lack of offensive production.

How did Roanoke manage to get such little dynamic offensive playmakers that they can't be anything close to a decent offense if Sarro isn't on the field? I know he is an elite talent but the Roanoke of old would still be sporting a high caliber offense even without their best player because they were that deep with offensive talent. In their six Sarro-less games they have scored 3, 6, 16 (Shenandoah), 5, 9 (in overtime), and 3. They also only managed to get just 7 goals in the last three quarters against H-SC, the game in which he got injured.

Hampden-Sydney is rolling out a bunch of freshmen and sophomores all over the place and consistently produces a better offense than a Roanoke team whose top 10 scorers features 8 juniors and seniors. Hampden-Sydney has just six junior/senior offensive players who have managed to contribute 2+ points this year, and two of those only do it during garbage time.
I’m anticipating that HSC could be a Force next year in the ODAC, worse case maybe ranked third in preseason poll. Still a young team and by this time next season could make some noise. Well coached group. Hope they take Lynchburg to about 9 OT’s tonight. In fairness at what time would they have to call the game tonight or more likely play it out but be required to push the final to Sunday.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Squads currently set to resume warmups at 7:42.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”