SALISBURY 2019

D3 Mens Lacrosse
MrLax2U

Re: SALISBURY 2019

Post by MrLax2U »

Greetings GOGULL;
If that were the case I'd say it would have to be either Saulino
Saulino hands down. I’d keep him on the field after a clear. Attracts the best defender, he leads the man out of the play so it’s 5x5; advantage offense. If play slows for subs, he stays with a license to drive and shoot.
It can take some time to get healthy after being really sick so I'm withholding too much judgment on Brom.
My judgement on Brom is he’ll lead his team to a NC as a senior. For this year go slow; he doesn’t need a relapse.

Coach knows if Dembeck, Thrasher and Brown are ready. I suspect at least one may be if he’s next man up.

Warren and Snyder tightened up. Not sure if circumstances were unique to them or pressure for an undefeated season hit the team. Overall this is a better team than 2018. “Fear”, give me a break; they’re as big and fast as any D I team. Just play every game like it’s your last and Have Fun.
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

SVU:
Gulls may have bottomed and started the climb back into contention.

The Good: Fogos. Wow Triple Threat Brett needs no words and the Thompson/Sweeney Duo is coming on. A year pumping iron; gain 20# muscle and they’ll be the Dynamic Duo. That said, please rip in a goal or two when the avenue is empty.

Close D and Rope; Booyah to the whole lot and subs.

Offense good passing. Melton, Ferrara, Armstrong, Pompeo, Gwin good job. Snyder is back. Subs, next man up; go for it.

The Bad: TOs and Clears.

GK. What’s going on here? Is Erik Miller still involved?
COGULL

Post by COGULL »

The Gulls came to play today.

Huge game for Warren stepped up up big-time. The Defense was phenomenal. I felt like the D took great angles against dodging York players in this game and were the more physical team today.

York's defense blanketed Melton everywhere (still got 2G's 1A), but a lot of players for Salisbury got goals in this one which couldn't have come at a better time to build confidence as they head into the NCAA's

Shout outs to:
Malamphy - What can I say ?!?!?
Ferrara - Took his man to the goal early and often forcing slides and scoring goals
Greik - Solid play & a clearing bowling-ball
Woodward - Kid just keeps impressing and gets himself another goal in a Big Game!
Harbottle - Stepping in and playing smart lax. He's got some speed and I anticipate he'll continue to improve game-by game

On to the Show !!
GOGULLS!!!
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

May is when Gull teams make their statements. Malamphy, Melton, Ferrara, Pompea, Warren/Ellis, Saulino, Apgar, the entire D BOOYAH.

# 13 runs through the O middies. Step up or sit down. O needs double digits every game.
Whodem52

Post by Whodem52 »

✌️
Last edited by Whodem52 on Sat May 11, 2019 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ace492cave

Post by Ace492cave »

Whodem52 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:06 pm Inside source: Gulls reportedly sitting first line midfield and 1 attackman for Saturday... names not yet posted but word on the street is they won’t be available for the sweet 16 matchup. That could be a really big blow...
Your sources are true apparently the entire starting lineup contracted yellow fever after their final regular season game in the Amazon rainforest and are unable to play for the sweet 16. This is a devastating blow for the gulls.
COGULL

Post by COGULL »

We've got someone spreading inaccurate info around here!?!? (Whodem52)

Just spoke to a starting Gull Mid, Attack & D who confirmed Whodem's smoking crack again. Wishful Thinking
Whodem52

Post by Whodem52 »

Xx
Last edited by Whodem52 on Sat May 11, 2019 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
COGULL

Post by COGULL »

Whodem52 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:46 pm Hope you weren’t the one to break those news to them. My source is quite credible. May have been yellow fever, didn’t get the details. If that is true this is a major development. Although not surprising the grimy atmosphere of Salisbury md would be a perfect breeding ground for the disease. Hope those Salisbury state nurses are equipped to fight such an outbreak!!
I can assure you my source is "correct" - Quit lying on the forum - Not a good look sport!
Dr. Pretorious

Post by Dr. Pretorious »

Whodem52 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:46 pm Hope you weren’t the one to break those news to them. My source is quite credible. May have been yellow fever, didn’t get the details. If that is true this is a major development. Although not surprising the grimy atmosphere of Salisbury md would be a perfect breeding ground for the disease. Hope those Salisbury state nurses are equipped to fight such an outbreak!!
Do your parents know that you’re using their computer?

You embarrass yourself and your school with asine and sophomoric comments on this and the ODAC thread. Grow up or go away.
Whodem52

Post by Whodem52 »

Dr. Pretorious wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:51 pm
Whodem52 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:46 pm Hope you w :lol: eren’t the one to break those news to them. My source is quite credible. May have been yellow fever, didn’t get the details. If that is true this is a major development. Although not surprising the grimy atmosphere of Salisbury md would be a perfect breeding ground for the disease. Hope those Salisbury state nurses are equipped to fight such an outbreak!!
Do your parents know that you’re using their computer?

Buzz buzz
Last edited by Whodem52 on Sat May 11, 2019 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Pretorious

Post by Dr. Pretorious »

Wait and see what, exactly? My post had nothing to do with Salisbury, nor with the game. Please reread and try to understand it this time. (Here’s where I should say something like “I expect nothing more from a Lynchburg fan” ?? Yeah, if we’re still in 3rd grade).

Rather, my post concerned only your immature comments on this and other threads on Fan Forum. Your response was simply more of the same and serves only to confirm my point.

Good luck with your game today.
I will be interested in checking back for your post game comments to see if there is any graciousness whatsoever in the event of a Lynchburg victory, and should Salisbury prevail, the level of childishness to which your posts will undoubtedly sink ...
Tactful Lax

Post by Tactful Lax »

Take it outside, boys. No room for that bull here.....from either of you.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Looking forward to this one. The teams know each other well. Size wise these guys match up well.. Coaches are a couple best in business in game planning. Great respect LYN has for the Gulls. They and our fans will be up for it and show respect and honor the game (coach K demands nothing less as does Coach B)

FO are huge. LYN has excellent defense and, as shown at W&L, can weather poor performance on the dot but.. geez.. Mal. Is coming in at 74%. LYN have to Have at least 45%.. they had an option last year with pole #11 who could muddy up strong opponents but he is out this year..

Seems from stats Salisbury has low assisted goals (5 vs. CNU and 4 vs. York - last games). Have to believe key for LYN is stay on the doubles and avoid skip/over top..

Goal play. Can both teams bottle up inside and allow outside shots goalies can see. Who will be hot. LYN Cornelius is solid but admittedly has not played his best vs. W&L losses.. LYN last 4 games were 1 goal losses. He needs those couple extra saves.

Salisbury defense is stout. Apgar shut down Lombardo last game. I’ve felt this years lack of the attackman who can initiate from x and be a threat to score turning the corner has hurt them. Would like to see the bigger tandem of Lewis and Robinson really press from x and wings.. LYN was working on different looks on offense. They showed it a bit in the Trans. game.. kinda. 4 -2 motion from topside...

SSDMs on both ends are solid. Both teams middies are very productive. This is where game is won or lost IMHO.. winning the match-ups and Offense on transition will tip scales..

I suspect this one will be heated and each team will see 3 or 4 UP opportunities.. can’t get blanked.

Of course a little luck helps.. hoping it goes LYN way.

Weather looks like it will cooperate.. Cheers!!
Dr. Pretorious

Post by Dr. Pretorious »

Buzz buzz ....

Whodem52 — hello?

- hello?

Still at the game - or already heading home?
COGULL

Post by COGULL »

You beat me to it Dr. Pretorious.

I'm sure Whodem52 will join us for some post-game analysis ?? What a punk....
Dr. Pretorious

Post by Dr. Pretorious »

Whodem52 ✌️:

“buzz buzz”

bizz ...
bizzzzzz ...
bizzzzzzzzz ...
SPLAT!!!

(Sound of bugs on a Salisbury windshield going 100 mph to the next round ... 😊)
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Well played Salisbury. Offense was sharp. Took advantage of all mistakes. Warren played well!
Good luck the rest of the way!
Dr. Pretorious

Post by Dr. Pretorious »

COGULL wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:57 pm You beat me to it Dr. Pretorious.

I'm sure Whodem52 will join us for some post-game analysis ?? What a punk....
Agreed.
So much for all his pre-game intel as to all the Gulls who wouldn’t be playing today, eh??
LaxFan11

Post by LaxFan11 »

Learn to win with class guys... yes he mouthed off. Let it go. You’re grown men trolling on a forum. Reality check, why do you think he posted in the first place? Because only Salisbury fans would be offended by it.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”