NCAC 2019

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Cnoll

Re: NCAC 2019

Post by Cnoll »

seacoaster wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:24 am
Cnoll wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:28 am Hoping for an afternoon game time instead of 7pm. That would ruin my dinner plans!
Looks like 6:45; you'll have to pack some food into the venue at Salisbury. Keep the faith.
We decided to go out to Ocean City for an early dinner(4:30). No way I’m not going to our favorite restaurant after driving 8 hours!
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

Looks like 6:45; you'll have to pack some food into the venue at Salisbury.
Greetings Gents,
Not sure you can do this. Security checks all bags. You must empty water bottles at the curb then refill from a faucet inside the gate. No chugging a quart of smuggled vodka while you root for your team.

The concession stand sells healthy meals like hot dogs and potato chips.

Drive safe and good luck to your team.
Last edited by MrLax2U on Wed May 15, 2019 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cnoll

Post by Cnoll »

Back to lacrosse, I never get into predictions on lacrosse games. Salisbury is obviously the favorite tonight, and fully expect them to win. What I will do is predict what must happen if Denison is to have a chance. Close to 50/50 on face offs, clear at 90%, less than 10 turnovers(not counting failed clears and shot clock violations) and three or less penalties. If they can achieve those numbers, I’ll take my chances. Here’s hoping the game is played clean and with good sportsmanship!
BULLET

Post by BULLET »

IMPOSSIBLE! Under ten turnovers against The Gulls? :roll:
Cnoll

Post by Cnoll »

But Gburg could, right? :lol:
RoyRike

Post by RoyRike »

Late 4th Gulls have doubled Denison up 18-9 and are just running the clock. Have to give Decamp the ultimate hero award playing with an injury. The 13th goal by Wongus summed up the contest, he looked like a man amongst boys dodging up the middle past 3 Denison players . It’s one thing to play Salisbury in March it’s another to face them in May. Hope Melton is ok for the next game
Handoverhamd

Post by Handoverhamd »

Nosy Ned
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Tough evening in Salisbury. Henry couldn't win a face off against Salisbury's crew. That No. 45 for Salisbury was a brute with quick hands, and the Gulls offense just wore down the Big Red.

Good luck to Waxter, Butler, Armstrong, Davey, Haimbaugh, Decamp, Tully and Doering and other seniors I may have missed. Gave us some very good lacrosse these past four years.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Handoverhamd wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:35 pmNosy Ned
Was a long ride home from Salisbury after what was a beat down plain and simple. The Big Red couldn't win a face off meaning we played way too much defense and led to the 2nd Q tsunami of goals that put it out of reach. No come back last night unfortunately. They were the better team last night. Good luck to Salisbury..... they are a very very good team right now!

But i won't apologize for supporting my team ... and thinking they had a punchers chance..... after all Nosey Ned backwards is D E N Y E S O N. This senior class was awesome and we're going to miss them. But I'm looking for the Big Red to reload next year and return to the NCAA playoffs ... after all we've been here a bunch lately - more than any other midwest team including OWU. So I'll continue to call them the Kings of the Midwest until someone can knock them off. They will keep at it until they break through. So Hand I suggest you continue to focus and root for your team which I assume is a SAA team.... you’ve got some work to do too!
takeaway

Post by takeaway »

Nosey Ned wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:53 am
Was a long ride home from Salisbury after what was a beat down plain and simple. The Big Red couldn't win a face off meaning we played way too much defense and led to the 2nd Q tsunami of goals that put it out of reach. No come back last night unfortunately. They were the better team last night. Good luck to Salisbury..... they are a very very good team right now!

But i won't apologize for supporting my team ... and thinking they had a punchers chance..... after all Nosey Ned backwards is D E N Y E S O N. This senior class was awesome and we're going to miss them. But I'm looking for the Big Red to reload next year and return to the NCAA playoffs ... after all we've been here a bunch lately - more than any other midwest team including OWU. So I'll continue to call them the Kings of the Midwest until someone can knock them off. They will keep at it until they break through. So Hand I suggest you continue to focus and root for your team which I assume is a SAA team.... you’ve got some work to do too!
After losing all the production from this year's team and stout defenders from last year's, I think next year is more about rebuilding than reloading. Hope there's a good crew coming in and several young guys ready to step up. There's lots to replace, more than I can remember in a long time.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

takeaway wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:21 pm
Nosey Ned wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:53 am
This senior class was awesome and we're going to miss them. But I'm looking for the Big Red to reload next year and return to the NCAA playoffs ...
After losing all the production from this year's team and stout defenders from last year's, I think next year is more about rebuilding than reloading. Hope there's a good crew coming in and several young guys ready to step up. There's lots to replace, more than I can remember in a long time.
Congrats to Denison's 5 AA's - Chris Broderick (LSM), Spencer Butler (Att), Sam Dyson (Def), Peter Pittroff (Att) and Jake Waxter (Mid). All but Butler and Waxter return next year. So along with the 3 returning AAs (all were naturally 1st team NCAC as well) , Denison also return NCAC 1st teamers Bartozzi (Def); Bomes (SSDM) and McKenney (G). So that's 6 first team all conference returners! In addition 1st year middie Cam Bowdy was an HM All NCAC. Throw in the very versatile Hutras and you have a very good core to "reload" around. I think the Big Red will be fine on the defensive side of the field from the get go. As for offense they do lose the majority of this year offensive production to graduation. Butler (87 pts); Davey (83); Waxter (59); Armstrong (32) and Haimbaugh (27) were 5 of the top 7 point getters on the team - but they still have the facilitator and 2x AA Peter Pittroff (111pts) coming back for his senior year. The seniors listed were very good but because they were good they in turn kept good young players pinned to the sidelines waiting for their turn - I think you'll see Godine, Pittman, Asman, Irvin and Root come into their own and DU will be reloading - not rebuilding next year. I think they are clearly the front runner for the NCAC crown again, especially when you consider OWU returns no AAs and only 1 first team All NCAC player. That said, OWU does return 3 second team All NCAC players so they will be coming after the Big Red no doubt. But I still give the early edge in 2020 to Denison.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Nosey Ned wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:21 pm Congrats to Denison's 5 AA's - Chris Broderick (LSM), Spencer Butler (Att), Sam Dyson (Def), Peter Pittroff (Att) and Jake Waxter (Mid)...
Well, Denison had no 1st team All American, no 2nd team or 3rd team All American; neither did OWU, or any other NCAC school. Sure, Honorable Mention is better than nothing, but objectively it is a definite step down from previous years.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

FannOLax wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:42 pm
Nosey Ned wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:21 pm Congrats to Denison's 5 AA's - Chris Broderick (LSM), Spencer Butler (Att), Sam Dyson (Def), Peter Pittroff (Att) and Jake Waxter (Mid)...
Well, Denison had no 1st team All American, no 2nd team or 3rd team All American; neither did OWU, or any other NCAC school. Sure, Honorable Mention is better than nothing, but objectively it is a definite step down from previous years.
OBJECTIVELY? The whole AA exercise is purely subjective!

I don't know - is Pittroff really no longer a 2nd team player? I know he wasn't named 2nd team this year but he was last year. Do you think he is now really a "step down"? I don't. If you do, I think you're getting too hung up on a purely subjective positioning of the honor. Every player mentioned, regardless if named to a team or just HM is a quality lacrosse player. Last year he was 2nd team - this year HM. I watched every game #18 played the past 2 seasons and his game didn't drop off this year - statistically speaking they were virtually identical. But nonetheless the powers that be moved him from 2nd team AA to HM. Big deal - Denison's #18 should still go into the season considered the best offensive player in the conference next year (which wouild be undisputed if he were 2nd team again this year) and will continue to make the players around him better.
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

Agree with Ned.

It's subjective and everybody on the list is an AA. The players don't hold to any distinction and a year or so after graduation everybody they played with or against is a friend with a common bond.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

MrLax2U wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:36 pm Agree with Ned.

It's subjective and everybody on the list is an AA. The players don't hold to any distinction and a year or so after graduation everybody they played with or against is a friend with a common bond.
Well said MrLax. And that bonding amongst former competitors starts tomorrow at the North-South Senior All Star game! What a great event!
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Nosey Ned wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:45 pm
MrLax2U wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:36 pm Agree with Ned.

Well said MrLax. And that bonding amongst former competitors starts tomorrow at the North-South Senior All Star game! What a great event!
To prove this point, at Friday's Senior All Star game Denison's Butler ran on same attack line as OWU's Tennant and Hildebrand and DUs Waxter ran on a middie line with Jamieson and Jeschke. And there was a great photo after the game showing all 7 NCAC players (DUs DeCamp participated as well) arm in arm each with a huge smile that was tweeted out by the NCAC! The bonding had clearly started!

Congratulations and great job to all those that participated!
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Nosey Ned wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 7:02 pm
Cnoll wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 2:18 pm Denison takes care of business 17-11
Congratulations to the Denison Big Red on taking care of business and beating OWU to earn another Conference Playoff Championship! And congratulations to this year's senior class. You'd be hard pressed to find a more successful class ... they have comprised a 68-10 record (and counting) and 14 - 3 record in playoff games (conference and NCAAs) 4 straight Conference Championships, 4 NCAA playoff births including a 3rd round appearance, an Elite 8 appearance and Final Four appearance. And last but not least a 7-2 record in their games against OWU. They have made DENISON PROUD!!
Final tally on Denison's 2019 Senior Class overall record ...
70-11 record all games (.864)
31-1 record in conference regular season games
3 NCAC Double Championships (regular season and tournament)
8-0 conference playoffs games
4-0 NCAC Tournament Championship games - besting OWU 4X's!
4 NCAA Tournament Bids ( made it to 4 3rd round games; 2 Elite Eights and 1 National Semi-Final)
8-4 NCAA playoffs (3 of the 4 losses were by 1 goal - 2 of those to the eventual National Champion Salisbury)
Final Ranking never below #10 (6; 5, 10 and 8)

Incredible record men - you will be missed! You have earned the right to be DENISON PROUD!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Nosey Ned wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:20 am
Nosey Ned wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 7:02 pm
Cnoll wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 2:18 pm Denison takes care of business 17-11
Congratulations to the Denison Big Red on taking care of business and beating OWU to earn another Conference Playoff Championship! And congratulations to this year's senior class. You'd be hard pressed to find a more successful class ... they have comprised a 68-10 record (and counting) and 14 - 3 record in playoff games (conference and NCAAs) 4 straight Conference Championships, 4 NCAA playoff births including a 3rd round appearance, an Elite 8 appearance and Final Four appearance. And last but not least a 7-2 record in their games against OWU. They have made DENISON PROUD!!

Final tally on Denison's 2019 Senior Class overall record ...
70-11 record all games (.864)
31-1 record in conference regular season games
3 NCAC Double Championships (regular season and tournament)
8-0 conference playoffs games
4-0 NCAC Tournament Championship games - besting OWU 4X's!
4 NCAA Tournament Bids ( made it to 4 3rd round games; 2 Elite Eights and 1 National Semi-Final)
8-4 NCAA playoffs (3 of the 4 losses were by 1 goal - 2 of those to the eventual National Champion Salisbury)
Final Ranking never below #10 (6; 5, 10 and 8)

Incredible record men - you will be missed! You have earned the right to be DENISON PROUD!
Absolutely
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”