Wesley
2%
York (Pa.)
22%

Total votes: 81

DeepPocket

Re: CAC 2019

Post by DeepPocket »

I didn’t catch the call for that particular game. However I’ve heard a few and must say, I’ve been impressed all around this year from the games (namely CAC games). This is probably the first year I’ve felt so impressed as to be inclined to find out who was providing the commentary to the game.

One such commentator is Tom Peace. I have been very impressed with the games he’s called, and he will be back at it for the York / Lynchburg game for those interested.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Nice OOC win for St.Mary’s over McDaniel.
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

A few random thoughts and questions for the CAC followers...

CNU - I had very high expectations for this season. But watching the Captains eek out an ugly win out over WAC in OT and otherwise holding serve against middle of the road opponenets, I have not been as overly impressed lately. I'm not tryign to bash the captainns, just not sure they are the solid #3 in the CAC as previously thought. Spots 3-6 in the CAC might be wide open.

Mary Washington - Enjoying watching this team play. Lots of athleticism in the midfield and at LSM. Seeing a new "team personality" emerging under Coach Delaney at UMW. And it's quite high energy, faster paced, and different- unlike what we saw under Coach Glaser in previous years. It appears UMW is finally taking advantage of it's great location nestled between lax hotbeds. This team could play CAC spoiler if they gel even more.

St. Mary's - Outperforming most preseason expectations. This team appears to be talented and solid across the board, at every position. There are some very talented young freshmen and sophomores down on the River. Look for the Hawks to finish at least 2-3 spots better than their predicted 7th in the CAC.

Frostburg - not sure where this team stands in the pecking order. Like CNU, they are holding serve in the early season friendly confines of Frosty Stadium but the WAC game is a concern. Can they take the show on the road and against better competition?

SoVa- I haven't seen them yet, but excited to see this team play and see where they fit in the pecking order too. ALSO- Glad everyone got off the bus ok and there were no injuries! http://svu.edu/news/2019/mens-lacrosse- ... re-mishap/
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
Publiclax

Post by Publiclax »

Was at the St Marys/WAC game and St mary's looked very good. Great to see them back in the mix.
Cheeseandcrackers

Post by Cheeseandcrackers »

SoVa is affiliated with the LDS church so I guess this is not total surprise but they have 19 players from Utah!
COGULL

Post by COGULL »

thatsmell wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:15 pm Watched SU/Berry and it was a slow start for both the teams. Lots of ugly early-season turnovers. But don't take anything away from Berry who played hard and well. Gulls looked better against Lynchburg, who I actually think is down this year. But the Gulls got the win, which is all that matters at this point in the season. It may not be the popular opinion on the CAC board, but I think the Gulls will need the full "Berkman Effect" this year to make a run. The cupboard looks a tad more bare than normal talent-wise. But sometimes the teams that practice well and gel can do great things. I'm not privy to what this team is really like. It's tough to judge the Gulls when their standard is winning championships, not just getting there.
Smell - I'd like your thoughts about the Gulls here at the half-way point and just prior to their meeting with Cabrini.
Fandadof3laxers

Post by Fandadof3laxers »

SMCM gets 4th win in a row, beating Marymount. Hawks came out in first half with a WAC hangover, but second half aggressive play gave them this convincing win. Good looking young squad when they move the ball fast and use their athleticism to their advantage.
sipecoth

Post by sipecoth »

The CAC is the only conference in the country that has no team below 0.500. Good OOC work all the way around.

Salisbury (8-0)
York (7-1)
Frostburg (6-1)
Christopher Newport (7-2)
Saint Mary's (Md) (7-3)
Mary Washington (5-4)
Southern Virginia (5-5)
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Not much defense, but plenty of offense and a Good win for the St. Mary’s Seahawks today over SoVa.

22-17.
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

Not much defense, but plenty of offense
Greetings Smell,
For a moment I thought you were referring to NESCAC.
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

I thought sova was ahead of smcm on the curve. A good win for smcm. Looking forward to the smcm/umw game. I think it will be a good one.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

York joins MAC (Commonwealth) after 2019-2020. The CAC ship continues to sink.

http://www.gomacsports.com/news/2019/4/ ... aspx?path=

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.yorkdi ... 3342163002
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Stevenson will not like that.
Say goodbye to that AQ.
LaxFan11

Post by LaxFan11 »

Would have liked to see York join the Centenial just for more competition but then again they’d be walking right into another top heavy conference.
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

York’s school profile matches up with the MAC more than the Centennial. Too bad they are leaving the CAC. The CAC migration south may need to continue if it wants to survive.
RetiredCardinal

Post by RetiredCardinal »

thatsmell wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:53 am York’s school profile matches up with the MAC more than the Centennial. Too bad they are leaving the CAC. The CAC migration south may need to continue if it wants to survive.
Greetings Smell:

Is South the right direction? I've heard rumors that a move North might be the route with schools like Stockton and Montclair as possibles.
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

I'm not privy to any inside info. I assumed South into VA, NC and SC as those are the areas to likely to have schools looking to add lacrosse.
See: SoVa and CNU
I thought it may be easier travel for the current members like SU, SMCM, UMW, MMT etc. geographically. With the northernmost school York now gone, I figured the South made the most sense. But at this point, I suppose beggars can't be choosers.

Of course perhaps the CAC keeps an eye to the future and looks north in case a PSU Harrisburg or PSU Abington get off the ground.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

York over Frostburg 13-8. Frostburg did a great job in the first half defensively cutting off passes and disrupting clears, and offensively making quick transitional strikes off cutters. But Coach Childs was able to settle his guys down and York took over in the second half.
COGULL

Post by COGULL »

LOOMING! - SU vs.York ....
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

COGULL wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:24 pm LOOMING! - SU vs.York ....
Yes, the table is all set for this one.

A part of me wishes Salisbury didn’t stumble last game. They will come out firing for certain, now I’m just hoping York brings 4 quarters of their “A” game...

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”