Wesley
2%
York (Pa.)
22%

Total votes: 81

MrLax2U

Re: CAC 2019

Post by MrLax2U »

Interesting to see if YCP gets one of the NESCAC Group C teams. If so, hopefully York hosts the game. The NCAA selection pairing is all about $$. YCP beat the Gulls in Salisbury and then lost to them at home so maybe home field not so important. That is an attribute of a well coached team which York is. Best wishes to them.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Congrats to all of the ALL CAC honorees.

http://www.cacsports.com/sports/mlax/20 ... _mlax_team
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

I might sound a little biased here, but if I’m any team not named CNU next year, then I would be a little worried about what is going on down in Newport News. The Captains are a young and fast paced team that finally started click towards the end of the year. This past year they hung with some top 15 teams despite not having a FOGO and going below 25% at the faceoff dot. They also only had 3 upperclassman in their starting lineup.

Mikey Thompson is doing a great job of recruiting the pieces that will take this team from good to great. For example, in his incoming class he has a 3x All-state FOGO/O-Mid, a DC UA underclass All-American X attackman(something they didn’t have this year), A very dangerous Two-Way Mid, and a few lefty studs that will add some diversity to the offense.

They return
Dylan Rice (52 Goals, 18 Assists)
Brady Altobello (29 Goals, 18 Assists as a freshman)
Will StockHausen (23 goals, 20 Assists)
Jackson Deal (17 goals, 23 Assists)
Max Wayne (56 groundballs, 51 Caused Turnovers)
Phoenix Hines (63 Groundballs, 57 Caused Turnovers)
Campbell Pozin (54 groundballs, 26 Caused turnovers, 10G, 4A as a freshman D-mid)
1st team all-CAC GK Scott McAneney (247 saves, 58%)

Call me crazy all you want, but I will not be surprised if this team is playing in a final four or elite eight in the next 2 years. I’ve watched this team enough to know what is being built and I can’t wait to see what they do next year.

On another note, good luck to Salisbury and York in the NCAA playoffs this year! I’d love to see a rematch between these 2 teams. When both teams are hot, they are some of the most exciting programs to watch in D3.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”