D3 All Americans

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Empirelaxer

Re: D3 All Americans

Post by Empirelaxer »

Not a criticism of any players but just wondering: How can a player finish higher in AA voting than in their own league? Liberty League first team D was Chandler Allen (RIT), Ed Winters (Union), Keaton Ackermann (RPI) and Tyler Burns (SLU). Alex Maruna was 2nd Team All-Liberty League. Yet for AA, Allen was 1st team, Winters was 3rd and Maruna was 3rd Team, jumping Burns and Ackermann who were HM.
masslax1032

Post by masslax1032 »

Empirelaxer wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 11:58 am Not a criticism of any players but just wondering: How can a player finish higher in AA voting than in their own league? Liberty League first team D was Chandler Allen (RIT), Ed Winters (Union), Keaton Ackermann (RPI) and Tyler Burns (SLU). Alex Maruna was 2nd Team All-Liberty League. Yet for AA, Allen was 1st team, Winters was 3rd and Maruna was 3rd Team, jumping Burns and Ackermann who were HM.
Maruna was a 1st Team AA last year, so the committee automatically feels he should be at least a teamer, despite if he deserves it or not. I do not agree with this logic whatsoever.

Props to the Liberty League for having some integrity with the selections. There are some conferences that are completely broken, and it is sad to see how dominant some of the bigger coaches and programs are in such selections.
candyman

Post by candyman »

Can someone educate me if there have ever been 2 players named All Americans on the same team who were both freshmen?

Williams had two frosh this year in Jake Haase (Attack HM) and Chris Burdick (Defense HM) and after seeing them play live I think they as a team were very successful but says a lot to what they will have with these two for the next 3 seasons with other talent around them returning for 2020.

Not easy for a single freshman to do but TWO in one team!

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”