D3 Men NCAA Tournament

D3 Mens Lacrosse
mailsy

Re: D3 Men NCAA Tournament

Post by mailsy »

Congrats CAVS! You shocked the world! On to the National Championship game in your own back yard!

GO CAVS!!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

D3 MEN: The D3 Men Championship Final will be on Sunday, May 26 at 4 PM between Amherst and Cabrini. http://fanlax.com/fanlax/2019/05/19/d3- ... s-cabrini/
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Crow eaten, couldn’t have been more wrong on this one. Congrats to Cabrini.
Boomakegga

Post by Boomakegga »

pcowlax wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:07 pm Crow eaten, couldn’t have been more wrong on this one. Congrats to Cabrini.
Thank you
Connectlax

Post by Connectlax »

Gotta imagine Amherst takes care of business against the Cavs but who knows Cabrini with some great wins recently
Gullible

Post by Gullible »

Congrats to Cabrini on moving on to the NC game. Best of luck!
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Lots of respect for the Gulls but not a fan. Going into championship weekend I think Amherst May have caught some luck going against Cabrini instead of Salisbury. While Cabrini has played well in their last two contests I think Salisbury May have been looking ahead in their matchup. The finals are just another weekend for the Gulls and aren’t overcome by the moment. Curious to see how these newbies react to Championship weekend. I have to give Amherst a slight edge coming out of a tougher conference and going thru conference championship play. Cabrini’s regular season is like a summer picnic. They maybe more athletic but Amherst I think will handle the moment better. Should be a great game with contrasting styles of play. Shut off Krug?
richard

Post by richard »

The Cabrini schedule looks pretty competitive to me. York x 2. Salisbury x 2, Lynchburg, Dickinson, Ithaca, OWU, plus a couple other decent teams. Conference play is not so sharp but the rest is pretty good.
I don't know how the game w/ Amherst will play out. I would think that Cabrini will try to control the pace but I don't think that they are scared to run with Amherst either. This will also be a home game for Cabrini so if they can get a good crowd out to the Linc that will help.
It's great to see a couple of newbies out there. I'm hoping for a Cabrini win.

Go Cavs!
palaxoff

Post by palaxoff »

IMHO comparing conference schedules is pointless at this point of the season, it is the Conference and NCAA playoff performances that matter. Maybe a slight edge for Cabrini but not enough to matter at this point. To quote a cliche "Defense wins Championships." This game is going to come down to defensive schemes, hot goal tending and face offs. Both teams will be coming in with plans after a week of films. It will be about executing those plans and adapting. Should be a fun game to watch.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

palaxoff wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:52 pm IMHO comparing conference schedules is pointless at this point of the season, it is the Conference and NCAA playoff performances that matter. Maybe a slight edge for Cabrini but not enough to matter at this point. To quote a cliche "Defense wins Championships." This game is going to come down to defensive schemes, hot goal tending and face offs. Both teams will be coming in with plans after a week of films. It will be about executing those plans and adapting. Should be a fun game to watch.
Yep. I think it's perfectly legitimate to point to SOS to determine seeding or Pool C bids for the tournament, but by this point SOS doesn't mean much. Cabrini's regular season was a cakewalk (64th SOS after conference tournaments), but they've since gone on the road and beaten the #4 and #2 teams in the country in back to back weeks. Amherst did the same in beating the #10, #3, and #5 teams consecutively. Both teams are plenty tested - can't wait for Sunday.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

nourishment

Post by nourishment »

The NCAA video player is so infuriating.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Working fine here, 1-0 Amherst
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

2-0. Happy to post score updates but video seems fine. Relative to the year leading up, it is extremely hot, will test their depth.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Holy crow. D took a break. 2-1.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

pcowlax wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 4:30 pmHappy to post score updates but video seems fine.
With video, live stats, and social media including Twitter, Live Action Game Reports seem to be a thing from the past.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Amherst looks good in the offensive half... if they could just clear the ball...

3-1.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Based on "how they looked", cabrini should be happy with 3-2 after 1 quarter. (Now 4-2.)
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Pretty goal from Leyden...
Caddy Day

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”