CABRINI 2019

Post by DeepPocket »

I’ll just leave this here....
;)
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
oldschoollax

Re: CABRINI 2019

Post by oldschoollax »

DeepPocket wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:49 pm I’ll just leave this here....
;)
Ha!!! Well played DeepPocket
ArtisticLax52

Post by ArtisticLax52 »

Cabrini ... another Philly Underdog.
They went pretty deep last year.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Cabrini taking a 8-2 lead into the half over a talented 6-0 Whittier squad.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

14-6 win for Cabrini over Whittier
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Friday @ 7pm Cabrini visits York for a nice #5 #6 matchup.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Tough loss, although they finished strong making a game in the 4th of what had been a lopsided affair.

Quick turn around with Salisbury on Wednesday. They’ll need to salvage the energy from that last push against York, and put the rest of it behind them... fast.
ArtisticLax52

Post by ArtisticLax52 »

Not a very good showing. Some things to look at :. Hard to put up points without possession , need to make adjustments on the wings if Luke is cold against opponent. Turn-overs hurt , especially on Man-up. Haven't reviewed stats, but it sure felt like SOG were real low. Defense did great keeping us in the game, it could've been worse. How many CTOs did DeLuca get !? Takeaways for me: work on getting possession at X , capitalize on EMO opportunities, put more shots on goal, make adjustments way earlier than 4th qtr. Too hard to come back from 6 at the half.
With that said, York offense is really good. And their goalie had a couple key saves.
Shake it off. One game at a time. Another tough one in 3 days. Let's go Cavs !
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Big one tonight with Salisbury coming to town...
Dr. Pretorious

Post by Dr. Pretorious »

A decisive and convincing victory by Salisbury over Cabrini. Cabrini scored the first two goals of the game, and then Salisbury absolutely dominated the last 55 minutes. Cabrini has now been exposed as not a top-five team; early season schedule contains almost no competition at all, and their two toughest games they both lost - Salisbury and York - and the Cavaliers didn’t look good in either contest.
richard

Post by richard »

What went on in the Stevenson game today? Lots of crazy penalty numbers. Of course Cabrini put a hurt on the mustangs. That might explain it.
Boomakegga

Post by Boomakegga »

richard wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:07 pm What went on in the Stevenson game today? Lots of crazy penalty numbers. Of course Cabrini put a hurt on the mustangs. That might explain it.
Most bizarre game I have ever watched. Felt like two refs taking turns calling unsportsmanlike against the opposite teams to try to even each other out. Coaches got 4. Kids were getting 2 minutes for what could only have been bad language as they walked off the field for a questionable push. There was a 2 minute unsportsmanlike on a player in the box who was talking to his coach. All this and it wasn’t very violent or cheap. Just an example of refs calling what no other refs call and once it started there was no way to stop it. It was pretty even on both teams so it didn’t seem to change the outcome.
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

Greetings Boom,
Felt like two refs taking turns calling unsportsmanlike against the opposite teams to try to even each other out. Coaches got 4.
Can this be right? There were 12 Unsportsmenlike penalties and the coaches got 6? What happened there?

Is this game available for replay?
Last edited by MrLax2U on Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boomakegga

Post by Boomakegga »

https://cabriniathletics.com/boxscore.a ... &path=mlax

Trust me it’s not worth watching. I think the box score counts a 2 minute penalty as 2 penalties so the number was likely lower than the minutes. About half overlapped. It really was more the refs than the players or coaches. Most of the calls are no calls in any other game.
mailsy

Post by mailsy »

MrLax2U wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:06 pm Greetings Boom,
Felt like two refs taking turns calling unsportsmanlike against the opposite teams to try to even each other out. Coaches got 4.
Can this be right? There were 11 Unsportsmenlike penalties and the coaches got 4? What happened there?

Is this game available for replay?
No. The video was not available. There was an issue with their system. Only live stats were available for Friday's game.
mailsy

Post by mailsy »

Today Cavaliers take on Neumann in the AEC semi-final. They are expected to win the conference again. They have a current winning streak of 121 games in conference. As an alumn of the university I like the fact that they keep winning the conference year after year. There are some that bemoan the fact they win the conference every year and have the chance to get into the tourney. Other conferences don't have that luxury I understand. I've heard this argument from people when the bball team won the conference 5 straight years several years ago and even got to the D3 final. However, that changed. The university is looking for like minded institutions for all their athletic programs across the board. Cabrini and 4 other schools left the CSAC because some of the schools that remain weren't putting the effort to "up" their programs. As you see the CSAC is going to have a representative from the conference that is an associate member in lacrosse (Stockton/Montclair State) not one of the full members. I wish the current members of the AEC would "up" their lacrosse programs and give the Cavs some more competition. But hey until they do Cavs will keep winning their conference and get into the NCAA tournament with a chance to win the whole thing.

GO CAVS!!!
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

These guys played with a lot of heart today. Good job to their Coach and I hope their success continues.
Boomakegga

Post by Boomakegga »

Yeah Cavs. You did it. Finally believed in making the team bigger than anyone and busted through. The best thing about the post game moods was how you wanted to take down York and Salisbury on your path. Somehow getting to next Sunday only really counted if you went the the way you went. Keep believing.

Get Amherst into a 6v6 and play your game. Make them play some defense and bring on the shoot out. Might take 18 to win this one.
dms87

Post by dms87 »

Yeah Cavs. You did it. Finally believed in making the team bigger than anyone and busted through.

I saw the 2nd half vs York and thought this was the best all around performance I have seen in the last 10 yrs from Cabrini, especially given the timing. I will admit I did not believe beating the Gulls on their home turf was possible. I am so glad I was wrong. I agree finally, in the big moment, they played to their capabilities.

Congrats to Coach Colfer, his staff, the team and all the alumni. I bet Delco was rocking last night and Sunday should be special at the Link.

Go Cavs!
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Pretty powerful story.

Inside Lacrosse's publication is typically poor; but I miss say, this article was impressive.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... rini/54618

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”